• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2013!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lost a disc on Sunday during the day at the local university course. I was just playing some safari holes so that I could practice certain throws and the like. Anyways, I threw my PA1 into a bush and couldn't find it (green disc, green bush, quickly dimming light). I tried to go out yesterday, and nope. The sky opened up and it poured. I went out today, and spotted it as I walked towards the bush...in another bush.

I was on my lunch break from work so I decided that I would throw the rest of the course really quickly. I threw the very disc I had just found on a beautiful hyzer to nail the chains for an ace on hole 2. This isn't a very long hole (maybe 280-310 at the very most), but this was also the very first hole I had ever aced (two years ago) with a Gateway Sabre. Two years of playing and I am acing holes with putters where I used to throw drivers. That is why it was significant to me.

Aced hole 24 (the last hole) at Willow today (June 12th). Great way to end a day of disc golf! 3rd ace overall.
Used a Z Buzzz, probably the disc that's been in my bag the longest.

Last edited:
9033775590_c07bb6268e.jpg

Hole 8 Flip City. Hit this in warm ups. DX Roc, took it to the right and it just floated in. First Ace I got to see it hit the chains.

I've hit two this year.

One on a Downhill drive across the creek with my Opto Pure for 245ft.

Another one I hit with a Elite X Buzzz that was a 318ft shot.

Hole 8 Flip City. Hit this in warm ups. DX Roc, took it to the right and it just floated in. First Ace I got to see it hit the chains.

Warm ups huh, that sucks. :|

One day you'll get money for it. :p

I hit hole 3 on Bald Eagle, first ace on the course (with baskets, I hit a few pvc poles when that's all I had up), 2 witnesses thought it was the coolest thing they'd ever seen.

I was -4 after 3 holes, I finished -4.

I got my first ace Wednesday on hole 8 at Tut Hill. The sun was really shining, so I couldn't see it as it started to fade, but I saw it hit the chains. :)

Kinda funny because I'd been throwing Rocs for a year and a half and just picked up the Buzzz (again) less than a week ago.

2wnsewp.jpg

I'm racking them up this year...
Just played my first tags ever in Korea, and canned an ace on hole 3 at Beacon Hill. Threw the Tensor on a perfect hyzer line, 275 for the cash...about 10 bucks american. Too bad I still only took home the 23 tag...

1010570_10201249986274015_657805842_n.jpg

Recently tried out some MVP discs and got pretty good results, bought an axis on my way to the course in the morning, aced hole #18 sellersville, pa with it that afternoon. Needless to say that disc made it through tryouts without being cut

nice ace, i always blow by to the bottom of the hill. one day ill get an ace at flip.

aced hole #19(old #13) at Holly Woods today with an esp comet. nice thing to happen on a bittersweet fathers day for me. first one without my dad and my first one as a dad to be. had a good day none the less and enjoyed what i think was my best ace yet. 308ft turnover, 2nd comet ace.
4bf5935e.jpg

fcc4fd84.jpg

Michigan road trip.

I'll be playing flip city June 28th. My wife and I coming up to visit friends and family. Wish I could get in on some tourney play while there.

nice ace, i always blow by to the bottom of the hill. one day ill get an ace at flip.

I have been throwing more to the right now as throwing right at it it seems to always drive passed it.

I'll be playing flip city June 28th. My wife and I coming up to visit friends and family. Wish I could get in on some tourney play while there.

Nice! what time are you planning on playing? I may see if I can get out of work early to show you around but I am guessing you are going to go first thing in the A.M.

First ace of the season

Hit my first ace of the season at Honey Bear Hollow campground in Peru, In. #9 is downhill @213 ft., threw a Prodigy M4 and started a little to the right and then right into the basket!!:clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.