• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2014

An 8mph wind left to right sort of pushed it that direction. Used an old beat up Wraith that I picked op top $1 that is my goto "driver". I didn't think it would come around enough but the wind drove it in. I actually almost missed it!

Hi Heavy - Columbus Wi - Firemans Park just off 73. It's still a work in progress. Baskets went in Tuesday. And semi permanent tees are a week away. Have a few issues with one tee area and a play ground.

Only 6 permanent (no room) but room for 3 more for a tournament. it's an easy course but wind could be a factor as some holes are open. Not a REAL challenge but for the last 2 holes. It's a start though!

Is it eve a real course with only 6 holes? Worth posting on DGCR?

DG - Before Breakfast - I'm on the city Council and approved it :) My goal for this town is to make it more fun!

Hi Heavy - Columbus Wi - Firemans Park just off 73. It's still a work in progress. Baskets went in Tuesday. And semi permanent tees are a week away. Have a few issues with one tee area and a play ground.

Only 6 permanent (no room) but room for 3 more for a tournament. it's an easy course but wind could be a factor as some holes are open. Not a REAL challenge but for the last 2 holes. It's a start though!

DG - Before Breakfast - I'm on the city Council and approved it :) My goal for this town is to make it more fun!

AWESOME WORK! I believe you and I emailed back and forth a year or two ago about this project. I sent you some templates that I used to get the Horicon course installed.

Excited to see this course go in the ground and more excited to see it grow!

:hfive:

Yea - that was me all right! No one really knows about this yet - I just learned it was FINALLY in Wednesday! Thought it had died. Every time I asked it was "oh so and so is working on it) so I told myself I would take charge next spring.

There is going to be conflicts as the park is used for a number of events but . . . . it's a start! And if NOTHING else good practicing 1/2 mile from my house.

As soon as I saw the pic in the OP, I knew exactly what park that was. I played there growing up. Also had some of the best July 4th celebrations ever in Columbus. I lived in and graduated from Fall River. Congrats on the ace and the course. Both are awesome.

A City Councillor that plays DG? I so wish that there were more people like you out there!

Also, way to support the Scouts in your area. Congrats on the ace! :clap:

Awesome, the little town my parents live in near Santa Barbara, Lompoc, CA, did the same thing starting with some funding from Pepsi for youth athletic activities. Started as a 9 hole, and now it a pretty nice course with 18 holes. This is Beattie Park. The community seems to love it for the most part.

It was a godsend to me. I just got into Disc Golf the year before it was built. Got my Dad and Brother into it. Now my Dad has a course 5 minutes away, and we play together whenever I visit. He is 65, and hasn't gotten the distance for an Ace on the course yet, may never. But it gets him out exercising, he lost weight, and is feeling good.

09/26/14 UW-Parkside Kenosha, WI
Hole 11 - 284ft – Blind
Forehanded a 174gram Z Crush

my buddy was spotting due to prairie overgrowth off the fairway, but couldn't see the basket. Heard that Ching*, asked him "DID THAT GO IN??" he just laughed with his hands over his head and said "haha I don't know man, you better go find out though.." She was sittin pretty in the cage. 3rd forehand ace, 2nd blind FH ace. Woo!

JedV - THREE Aldermen play - but we can not all play at once unless we post it as an open meeting. LOL

natedg - some of the best fireworks around still. Fuel Air explosions from 50 gallon drums are never a bad thing!

I WISH there was more room - beautiful park. I'm hoping to get some sort of league going and tournaments! One aldermen is a brewer (as I am) and owns a brewpub in Columbus (WI) and I want to get a bunch of used disc's for cheap that people can borrow to try the sport, maybe have them at Hydro Street Brewery.

I LOATH politicians. My feeling is if people don't like my views - screw them and vote me out! Cronyism runs rampant in small town America.

You don't build a McDonalds and hope people move to YOU. You have happy people and business comes to YOU and to have people you need a place people WANT to live in. People bring business, not the other way around . . . for the most part in small towns.

SORRY SORRY!! No more political spewing. I apologize.

BTW - that is me photo bombing Lincoln! LOL

This is the hole - I thought I posted this yesterday.

IMG_0965web.jpg