• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR History and growth

prerube

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
There was a 2 hour delay this morning so I was taking a look at the growth of DGCR. It appears the site was started May 23rd 2007. A week later Ellison Park in Rochester recieved the sites first review. On March 28th 2008 the site saw it's 1000th review!

First Forum Post:
Welcome to Disc Golf Course Review

EricJ became the first moderator in spring of 2009. Volkgirl and Three Putt become moderators later in the fall. The Valkyrie Kid became the first Diamond Trusted Reviewer on the same day we got our 10,000 user. (12/23/2009)

With in a month DGCR had 82 users, with in 6 months (November 23 2007) There were 270 users. By 1 year the site was still short of 1,000 (930).
The 1000th member was announced in the forums on May 9th 2008 (but this included users who did not confirm their membership
Another milestone hit tonight.. 1000 members! :D

In DGCR's second year there was a huge wave of over 4,000 new members (Total 5105 confirmed users). Then the site begain averaging around 500 members a month for the remainder of the summer. We hit 10,000 users on December 23 2009, but we are looking forward to our 10,000 registered and confirmed user. DGCR# 10000.

DGCRGrowthChart.jpg

Last edited:
I do not know who the first Trusted reviewer was I would guess The Valkyrie Kid or Orlorin, maybe someone else knows
Midnightbiker was the first to hit 5,000 posts

Last edited:
I don't know why, but it seems odd to me that this site is not quite 3 years odd yet. There is so much information here that it feels like it should have taken alot longer than that. Nice job Tim!

This site is a 0 on the Prerubian Scale. :D

Cool stats! I am amazed by this site daily and the amazing growth is testament to how functionally great and useful this site is. I am also impressed by how cooperative and friendly the forum is.

It is cool to see that it took a while to reach some critical mass, but then how things exploded. I joined in Aug '07 as member 142 and posted 1 official review (and the first review of Idlewild - but I did so in a forum post).

Not much was happening back then, and while I loved the shell/format, there was not much activity, interaction and fun. My online DG involvement was elsewhere, so I did not really check in here much until I came back Fall of '08 (15 or so months later) and things were booming and there was tons of excellent course data. I have been (dis?)gracing this place with my presence every since.

Member 119 here =P Nice stat write up. Good to see how much the site has grown. It's the indisputable source for course reviews and locations.

I am 186, but I stayed away from the forum until I thought I knew enough about disc golf to talk about it. Now I live in the watercooler

I may have been a late comer to DGCR, (Sept 2009) but I'm glad I found this site. I'm member 7842. Tim, I live in a town where Disc Golfers are a rare breed. So finding someone to talk to about Disc Golf, ,is about like trying to find the Holy Grail. So thanks to this site, I can communicate with my fellow DG'rs. It really hit me how valuable this site is, when DSCJNKY offered to meet up with me and guide me around Richmond Hill! ...too bad he had planned to go to that little event called the USDGC! ;) (I wouldn't turn it down either!) Plus, I got to share my first ace on here with people who understand what that means! How cool is that!

So thank you to Tim and Everyone else for making this a great site! ...and I promise, No more Fences! ;)

I wonder how many posts are on PDGA.com vs. here. I think it would look like a big X if you plot it out over time.

If you combine the forum and course reviews here with the score posting, 'friending' and TD/league coordinator tools on DiscGolfScene.com you would have the ultimate disc golf website. I suppose it's good to have a few competing websites anyways.

I wonder how many posts are on PDGA.com vs. here. I think it would look like a big X if you plot it out over time.

If you combine the forum and course reviews here with the score posting, 'friending' and TD/league coordinator tools on DiscGolfScene.com you would have the ultimate disc golf website. I suppose it's good to have a few competing websites anyways.
You do realize you can post scores and "friend" people here too, right?

Also, I don't think any of us, me included, will be getting rich.. at least not off this site :(

I do not know who the first Trusted reviewer was I would guess The Valkyrie Kid or Orlorin,

Me actually. Timg granted me the first bronze in 1/08.

I had all my reviews in a blog prior to the creation of this site, and thanks to seeing a mention of this site by Olorin on the PDGA board, I was one of the first 200 registered members. So I moved over like 40 reviews all at once, had the most out there for a little while, but clearly I've been surpassed many times over since then.

Interesting how fast it has grown. I'm #772, and have extensively used the review functions, but rarely post to the DGCR forum (I think you can tell by the tally on my post).

Interesting how fast it has grown. I'm #772, and have extensively used the review functions, but rarely post to the DGCR forum (I think you can tell by the tally on my post).

Or you are king of the water cooler like Prerube!

Me actually. Timg granted me the first bronze in 1/08.

I had all my reviews in a blog prior to the creation of this site, and thanks to seeing a mention of this site by Olorin on the PDGA board, I was one of the first 200 registered members. So I moved over like 40 reviews all at once, had the most out there for a little while, but clearly I've been surpassed many times over since then.

thanks for the info :hfive:

Latest posts