• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Secret Santa Information & Show off thread

Are you Santa?

Bad news y'all...

SantaGrave.jpg

don't listen to bcr, the real secret of santa is that he's still alive. it against rules to insult bcr's religion, but lets just say he buys base plastic and always opts out of the $1 ace pot
;)

don't listen to bcr, the real secret of santa is that he's still alive. it against rules to insult bcr's religion, but lets just say he buys base plastic and always opts out of the $1 ace pot
;)

ouch!

my last one is in the mail - and since I know who it is, and he knows who I am, I hope he likes randomness.

:thmbup:

Well I know my Secret Santa got his cuz it's in the marketplace for trade. That's cool with me I just hope he sent/sends his package out by today:(

^^^ did we get the same guy? I sent weeks ago and never got confirmation that the gift was received, but I did see one disc offered in a trade. Still waiting to open something. :|

Got My SS Stuff!!!

I got my SS package today! Here are my goods:

DSCN0447.jpg

Not sure what the mummy disc is (other than awesome looking). it's 180 grams, it's definitely Innova... It looks like it's marked with the initials "CC" or "CO"... i don't know.

The Hawk Hollow Open 2007 is a 169g CFR Pro Destroyer... never threw one so I'm looking forward to it.

Is the Champion Disc Inc. disc a Roc? It's 170g and is marked with a "P".

Also, three innova minis and a great winter DG picture... Thank you so much SS! I hope you like you're package, although I have to say I'm disappointed that I couldn't be as creative and awesome as you! Way to go! :hfive:

How's the disc'n up there at the North Pole? Do the elves spot for you? Do you use Rudolph for glow rounds? Have your own discs that you make in the toy factory? So many questions...

Well, the only course we have is an object course and it only has one hole (The North Pole). The elves aren't too great at disc golf, but they make pretty good discs... very consistent runs. I personally throw the "Aurora Borealis"; a dead straight, consistent, mid range.

And I don't know where you got your facts from, but Rudolph's nose went out like 9 years ago. Now he just straps a Glo Buzzz on his face.

~Santa

Thanks for the help guys! I'm really happy with my package! I recently lost my cobra and have never thrown a Pig... Can't wait to get out and try them!

That does not look like a pig. Could it be a b for birdie?

Sides look too straight and plastic doesn't look like pro.

Got my SS package today and it couldn't of been more spot on! Thanks SS ian.
champ. banshee (replace 1 of the 2 in my bag now!)
09 buckhorn open san marino Roc!(going to bag)
sweet microfiber towel
City of seneca SC stash box mini! Don't think my SS knew who I was so its pretty cool he sent me everything I use. Thanks again Ian!

Attachments

• photo (8).jpg
    photo (8).jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 43
I'm pretty sure it's not a Birdie... It's definitely a "P" and the lip looks like the Pig example on the Innova website...

I would certainly not have any use for a Birdie but this Pig will get a couple looks in my bag..

I compared what Jason recieved to what he sent.

Just so everyone knows... I, DSCJNKY/Jason, am totally happy with what I received.

DCB18 and I are DG traveling buddies (probably played more than 50 new courses together). He was at my house when I excitedly showed him what I got. He felt like it wasn't as good as what I sent and unfortunately decided to voice his opinion, not realizing that it was more about the giving than the getting.

I think to have participated in the Secret Santa exchange is to know. I was excited to do research to find try to find out who my guy from Decatur, Illinois was by searching for members in Decatur and cross referencing them with people posting in the forum... and then doing my research on Bpierce08 to see if I could determine what types of discs he throws, what weight, what he didn't like (I didn't send him my groove), etc...

And then to find out that he was newer player who's getting serious about playing tournaments, earning a second place at one of them (I looked up his PDGA stats), and just broke 900. By doing this research I tried to think what he would like. Knowing he had probably won tons of plastic in recent tourneys, and that he will probably win more soon, I decided to give him collectors type stuff (and some stickers)...

To make a long story short... The research and giving was the fun part. It didn't matter what I got.

I feel bad about the situation. I already sent a PM to my Bpierce08 to reassure him that I was grateful.

Bummed,
DSCJNKY

Today I got my package from my "secret" santa in PA, (bee-see-arr-won-too-three-pea-ess-ewe)

that Boss is coming along in my course design "round" today. He'll enjoy flying with 80-100' in elevation change.

Thank You!

That's a pretty lucky disc. had it stayed with bcr123psu, it would have never traveled 100 ft unless it landed in moving water
:thmbup:

Latest posts