• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] DGCR's Favorite Putter of 2014

DGCR's Favorite Putter of 2014

• Discmania: X-LINE P1X

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • MVP/Axiom: Envy

Votes: 66 27.4%
  • MVP/Axiom: Proxy

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Prodigy: PA3

Votes: 19 7.9%
  • Latitude64: Dagger

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • Gateway: Chief

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • Gateway: Shaman

Votes: 8 3.3%
  • Gateway (RDG): Scale

Votes: 19 7.9%
  • Salient: Touch

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • UB: Lex

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Yukin: Claws (Salient LockJaw)

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Have not thrown any of these :(

Votes: 71 29.5%
  • Westside Shield

Votes: 15 6.2%

• Total voters
Voted Shield - when I first tried it out the Trilogy Challenge I did not like it for putting but I kept in the bag. Over time it grew on me and replaced the KC Aviar. The fit and feel work for me and it drives very well.

Sadly, I have more discs to buy now...specifically putters apparently...off to the market place.

How have so many people thrown the Scale already? I didn't even think they had gone into production.

I've been trying to get protos into folks' hands since we first molded some.
I'm going to be very pleased with a 2nd place finish here if that happens :D

Kudos to the Envy though. That was my Disc of the Year vote from the start.

Between the Chief and Dagger for me. I guess as far as putting goes, I like the Dagger quite a bit. The Chief was good off of the tee. I voted Dagger on this one. I like the concept behind it and once you get a feel for it's range, it's a great putter to get you that little bit of extra distance without a lot of effort.

I voted PA3 although it is no longer in my bag. It is still a great shallow, beaded putter and the 350g plastic feels good in the hand.

yeah all of these are good I'm sure, just me personally, I started using a Pa3 and my putting has never been better. It really is the putter I've looked for for a long time.

I love all discs and putters, but the Pa3 is a special one. so thats my vote,

If the Scale had come out earlier I think a lot more people would have voted for it. It's an intermediate level players dream for sure. It's the Rhyno that Rhynos wish they were.

But the Envy is a more complete disc, in my eyes.

The P1X just came out, but that is one fantastic feeling putter. Drives very straight, and doesn't fade out on putts as hard as its aviar bretheren.

My putter game is all set. No desire to try any of these new ones.

Question to all these ENVY enthusiasts. Why are there so many likes? Just curious, I've held one and it felt nice but I like the 300 plastic by prodigy more for putters, but it felt solid, like a slightly stable disc maybe faster than most other putters?? just wonderin, MURRRRY CRIMMUS

Question to all these ENVY enthusiasts. Why are there so many likes? Just curious, I've held one and it felt nice but I like the 300 plastic by prodigy more for putters, but it felt solid, like a slightly stable disc maybe faster than most other putters?? just wonderin, MURRRRY CRIMMUS

I'm not really a MVP fanboy, I don't care much for their plastic for the most part.

Yet all the same the ENVY is by far my favorite putter, and the only new mold from this year that made the bag.

It is the perfect depth, most good putters (wizards and such) are far too deep for me. Thin profile putters are often too understable. Envy is just the right depth for me.

It is also amazingly high speed stable without having a punishing low speed fade, very predictable. Powered down it doesn't get a harsh fade either.

I like how the Envy has all those awesome color combinations going on the rim. MVP always has the black rim. What's up with these companies. MVP owns Axiom or just produces for them like Innova does with Discmania?

If the Scale had come out earlier I think a lot more people would have voted for it. It's an intermediate level players dream for sure. It's the Rhyno that Rhynos wish they were.

But the Envy is a more complete disc, in my eyes.

That's a bold statement.

Are you guys using the Envy as your putting putter or just driving? I'm curious about it but hesitant to switch out my BB's.

Of those listed I have only tried the Dagger (which is way too deep for my hand and just didn't feel comfortable to me) and the Chief (because I really like using the Wizard)

So I guess Chief gets my vote.

Latest posts