• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2018 Discraft Ledgestone Insurance Open

FPO looks to be done. Looks like another Paige is holding onto the leading, and quite commandingly at that. It would be fun to see another FPO player take home an A tier victory

You forgot one..

brutalbrutus is the guy with no affiliation to any of them, but arguably a hero in his own right. Who still posts the coverage info for all of us that are too lazy to look for ourselves.

I feel its the least I can do for the guys who go thru the hassle of bringing us these vids. If posting links gets them a few hundred more views and that helps them keep turning the cams on for us, then it is time well spent.

Plus, I have a lot of down time these days and watching the news all day just makes my brain hurt. Its nice to have something to focus my attention once in awhile, lol...;)

FPO looks to be done. Looks like another Paige is holding onto the leading, and quite commandingly at that. It would be fun to see another FPO player take home an A tier victory

Don't count Cynthia Ricciotti out of it yet. She had an absolutely stonking moving day at the GBO, so she's got it in her to do it again!

Came here to talk about the tourney... bummed to see so much hating on the free live stream (again). BTW, thanks to everyone putting in the work to make it happen! Anything is better than nothing.

Guess Paige wants an exciting comeback for the win, which is certainly doable for her!

Seems to me, McBeth always plays better in tourneys that are 4 or more rounds, he has a lot of stamina for that sort of thing. Back when worlds were longer (5, 6? rounds) he was never on the lead card after the first, or even second round usually.

Always fun to see other top players in the mix though!

Hard to see that hole 14 for Paige P . . best drive of the card but looses 4 throws on the card . . putting for 2 and takes a 7!!

Hard to see that hole 14 for Paige P . . best drive of the card but looses 4 throws on the card . . putting for 2 and takes a 7!!

Very painful to watch. I don't know if I'd quite call that putting for two though. Yeah, it was jump putt range but given the stance in the bush, it wasn't really a spot where she should have been expecting to make it. She's an aggressive player but that was a spot that screamed for just laying up and taking the birdie 3.

And I thought Weese made a great point in the commentary that Paige uses a lot of spin on her putts. That's a good thing in that it helps keep her putts straight on the longer attempts, but that spin combined with the glidey-ness of her Deputies is doubly punishing when she's off-line like that. Every attempt that airballs is going to end up just as far away as she started. Probably something she can get away with most of the time due to her superior distance (easy to 2-putt a hole if you're on the green a throw ahead of everyone else), but probably something she could eliminate with a couple adjustments.

If I had a dollar for every time Oakley foot faults.....

I'm only on the 9th hole of round 1 ccdg and I count at least 5

The two on his approaches to hole 6 was ridiculous, lol... Corey pointed out the second one but the first was worse. He was passed and left of his mini. He threw it OB on both of them so I guess karma intervened...;)

Last edited: