• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2020 Ledgestone Insurance Open Aug 13-16

If you want to watch a very short video of some bad shots from pros at the Ledgestone Insurance Open... here you go.
https://youtu.be/D1NzO3eXd2A

Enjoy... or don't.

My favorite part is on that last shot, when the disc rolls near the other player, it looks like she briefly covers her face to hide her laughter.

Gibson took a 4 in the OTB skins video. Par 5 all the way.

Sooooo just because one person in a skins match makes a 4 makes it a par 5 regardless of the fact the rest of the MPO field scored 6.7 means it should still be a par 5? Uhhh whatever.

Aww hell since Gibson scored a 4 on that hole that means every other MPO ought to be able to 4 it every time so par 4 it is...:rolleyes:

Point is...IMHO you should not be basing par on the performance of one player on the hole one time. Looking at the average across a huge field of MPO playing it several times would be a much better way to make such determinations.

If you watch the trajectory of the skins videos, you can kind of see them taking on a particular dynamic within the players that may or may not be the same thing the viewer wants. They started out kind of vanilla with most of the pros adding in more personality as the episodes pile up. I suspect they have their own viewing existence on the Tour. I thought The Preserve One was better than Toboggan and both better than the most recent. I haven't watched the Idlewild one. I also watched the Severin Lang one bc that's a course I play when I visit my parents. That one was a lot of throwing high stakes, non-tournament lines. Ricky won that game by a mile.

Idlewild one is pretty good. All the players seem to jive with each other. Plus you have the awesome dog retrieving a disc from a pond segment.

How many of you go back and watch chase or 3rd card, after already watching the final for lead? I just noticed Central Coast's views for Ledgestone RD2 and RD3 are lower than the "yoozhje".

Surprised to see any Jomez break 100k easy, and not see a majority of those viewers also watch CCDG (which is looking great.)

How many of you go back and watch chase or 3rd card, after already watching the final for lead?

I used to..but not anymore. Now I just watch live if possible and then featured/lead cards. Exception being in the final round if the chase card ends up producing the winner.

How many of you go back and watch chase or 3rd card, after already watching the final for lead?

I usually do, I just like watching disc golf. But, if it's a boring course or players I don't care for I might just skip ahead to certain holes.

Sooooo just because one person in a skins match makes a 4 makes it a par 5 regardless of the fact the rest of the MPO field scored 6.7 means it should still be a par 5? Uhhh whatever.

Aww hell since Gibson scored a 4 on that hole that means every other MPO ought to be able to 4 it every time so par 4 it is...:rolleyes:

Point is...IMHO you should not be basing par on the performance of one player on the hole one time. Looking at the average across a huge field of MPO playing it several times would be a much better way to make such determinations.

Point is....it's a par 5 now and always has been, I'm just providing evidence to support the designers determination. It's a tough par 5, granted, but there are more than enough creampuff holes on tour for them to make up for it.

Point is....it's a par 5 now and always has been, I'm just providing evidence to support the designers determination. It's a tough par 5, granted, but there are more than enough creampuff holes on tour for them to make up for it.

I was not arguing against #12 being a par 5. I was only pointing out that one player getting a certain score is not a good argument for par being one more than that.

It sure seems like an Open player should be able to pick their way through with three 275-foot throws and then get up and down from 225. Which would support par being 5.

But, the scores indicate a 1000-rated player cannot be expected to do that. Maybe clean 275-foot throws are not available. Maybe the trees only offer 210-foot throws. Which would support par being six.

Perhaps the proliferation of soft pars makes many players think they should always play for birdie, so instead of trying for 5 with carefully placed 275-foot throws, they overreach and try for their normal 400-foot throws. Maybe the hard tree hits they get by doing that run up the scores.

Interestingly, if it is changed to par 6, the players might actually use the strategy of throwing for 5, and average score might go down.

How many of you go back and watch chase or 3rd card, after already watching the final for lead? I just noticed Central Coast's views for Ledgestone RD2 and RD3 are lower than the "yoozhje".

Surprised to see any Jomez break 100k easy, and not see a majority of those viewers also watch CCDG (which is looking great.)

Chase if it has fun players on it

3rd if it has super fun players on it.

Both conditional on if the course is interesting. On a boring course getting through even lead card coverage may entail lots of fast forwarding

Latest posts