• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2020 Ledgestone Insurance Open Aug 13-16

Music is often compressed so that the highs and lows are truncated and the overall volume "seems" louder. You may have noticed this phenomenon on late-night TV commercials, where you have to hit mute so that commercials don't blast out at what seems like twice the volume.

youtube also changes the sound quality when uploaded and usually compromises the quality

or the mixing was way off while editing it

Music is often compressed so that the highs and lows are truncated and the overall volume "seems" louder. You may have noticed this phenomenon on late-night TV commercials, where you have to hit mute so that commercials don't blast out at what seems like twice the volume.

I'm familiar with that concept. Recording engineers compress dynamic range for a variety of reasons: To help keep soft passages from being drowned in tape hiss, or so loud passages bleed through from layer to layer when magnetic tape is stored. Also have a more uniform volume level, or even for artistic reasons, to get a certain effect.

Wouldn't surprise me if Jomez does that.

But I've been following the DGPT events on Jomez this year, and maybe I'm crazy, but the intro music for Ledgestones just seemed significantly louder than other recent events. I don't recall having to lower the volume fo Idlewild or DGLO.

No biggie, just one of those things that makes you go, hmmmm.

As always I am loving the Jomez coverage but I do have one criticism that seemed worse than normal here...The sound. Seemed like the intro and outtros were a lot louder than the commentary. So when Koling/Uli were talking I had to turn it way up (maybe I'm too old lol) and then when the music happened it was way way too loud...

Not really sure where to place a comment like this other than here...But again - loved the commentary and coverage. Fun stuff to watch. Can't wait to watch the final round tonight and all the Central Coast coverage too...

Maybe post in the Jomez thread? Just a thought. I haven't seen that thread near the top in a while so it might take a little searching.

Ricky showing the doubters essential oils are no joke! :thmbup:

I'm happy he got the W. Not a fan of the guy per se, but he can totally shred a course, which is fun to watch.

But bringing up his remedy to Lyme in the post round interview really annoyed me. Of course hes gonna bring up "been hunting for the win after recovering from Lymes which was terrible" but could have left it at that and not go "by dealing with it my own way" or whatever the hell way he worded it. Seems still salty from the criticism, but give it a rest and maybe people will too.

He definitely threw the "overcome the lyme with my choices and decisions" in there without it being strictly necessary, but I feel like it was part of an overall speech that basically said "TAKE THAT!" to everyone, his critics, competitors, etc.

It's the same thing most any top performer at most anything will do when they feel they were criticized unfairly. They take that frustration/anger/sadness and use it as fuel to achieve new heights. If you look at Paul, it's clear that the exact same mentality went into his domination of worlds last year after he'd faced criticism with his 3 year "drought" (man, sure wish I could have a "drought" :D) and also with switching manufacturers. He used that as fuel to come back literally stronger than ever.

Can't really blame him for having that attitude if it's going to motivate him. It's good to see him healthy and playing well. More competition is good and he's clearly an all time great. It would have been really sad to lose him from the game.

I can't say I have a favorite "top pro" like 1040+ rated (my favorites are MJ and the BS's - Brian Schweberger/Barry Schultz) but Ricky is a genuine dude. Good for him.

Last edited:
I'm happy he got the W. Not a fan of the guy per se, but he can totally shred a course, which is fun to watch.

But bringing up his remedy to Lyme in the post round interview really annoyed me. Of course hes gonna bring up "been hunting for the win after recovering from Lymes which was terrible" but could have left it at that and not go "by dealing with it my own way" or whatever the hell way he worded it. Seems still salty from the criticism, but give it a rest and maybe people will too.
Yeah I'm not a fan either, but glad he's healthy and you can't deny any player is fun to watch when they play as well as he is. In the back of my mind I'm wondering if/when the long-term symptoms of the Lyme start to take effect, if he really did forego the antibiotics. I hope he's a lucky case because it sounds nasty and could shorten his career if not his life.

I have a lot of experience with the diet described in his video (essentially keto from how he described it), but I have doubts it can heal a tick-borne bacterial infection that leads to arthritis and potential heart & nervous system damage. I can't find anything online about Lyme resolving on its own so I can't rule it out. Hell of a chance to take with your health though.

Just enjoy watching Sockibomb while you can.
It could be interesting if Eagle and give Paul all he can handle.... they're definitely capable of it.

If Eagle needs to avoid looking at other players scores to finish strong, so be it. Obviously, it works for him.

KJ has the skills to to be in that convo as well, but I think he just needs the right mindset to put his game on that most elite level.

lets not forget he has some of the worst video/public speaking on tour

im not setting the bar too high for him being eloquent

Did any of those ob throws ever get close to you? :p

No, we stayed out of the path of the intended disc flights so we didn't distract the players from throwing their shots. We did fish some shots that went OB out of the water after they passed, though. Thomas Gilbert was the happiest of them all. He must've tossed a disc he really liked into the water on his second shot on hole 13. He was ecstatic to see it when we had it back for him by the time he was playing 16.

Oh, and we did find and return GG's go to Roc3 that he lost on hole 2. He gave us all Sonics as a thank you and we had a fantastic time playing catch after everyone was gone.

Last edited:

Latest posts