• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2019 Memorial Championship

To me, the unfortunate thing about this isn't that Jomez and CCDG got pushed out of lead card coverage, it's that Smashboxx got pushed out of the live coverage. I 100% understand the plan of bringing things in-house to take better advantage of sponsor/advertiser dollars for the post-produced stuff. But the plan of doubling up the duties of the camera people by editing the post-produced from the live footage could have been accomplished without dropping Smashboxx. Hell, Smashboxx was already doing the live stuff under the DGPT banner rather than their own so it's not like they were unwilling to forego some kind of revenue on their own channel (as was the issue with Jomez, etc).

Smashboxx didn't have these kinds of issues at Memorial, so it's not a matter of signal quality. I fully believe it's equipment quality. Smashboxx had something that worked, and DGPT not only changed out the people they changed out the equipment as well. I always thought that was going to be the thing that bit them, and so far, it has.

I wasn't around back then, was the American Disc Golf Championship thread this good?

I wasn't around back then, was the American Disc Golf Championship thread this good?

ADGC was fueled by years of amateurism, shady business practices and bad customer service from Salient disc golf to make it a world class dumpster fire.

DGPT is just disappointing because they've been on a pretty good roll the last few years.

Looks like it just got shut off, and they deleted the chat

That old wrinkly sheet looks terrible. They really need a better background. :doh:

Youtube comments are saying a DGPT backdrop was mailed to Nate/Val but shipment was delayed due to snowstorm. Of course, they could have sent it earlier to avoid such a problem but at least we know the bedsheet wasn't the first option.

Youtube comments are saying a DGPT backdrop was mailed to Nate/Val but shipment was delayed due to snowstorm. Of course, they could have sent it earlier to avoid such a problem but at least we know the bedsheet wasn't the first option.

Okay, that'll happen. Logistics is hard. But you know, if their home is the least bit tidy, I'd rather see their kitchen or front room instead of a gloomy sheet looming behind them. Something sunny and airy, perhaps.

Shrug......I missed the earlier portions of the live coverage. According to the posts, it sounds like it was a travesty, that was an affront to all mankind. I think live coverage kind of sucks no matter what, but the coverage I am watch now, is good. Camera work is decent, the commentary is palatable and the graphic are simple and effective. Whatever the issues earlier, they seem to have worked them out.

To me, the unfortunate thing about this isn't that Jomez and CCDG got pushed out of lead card coverage, it's that Smashboxx got pushed out of the live coverage. I 100% understand the plan of bringing things in-house to take better advantage of sponsor/advertiser dollars for the post-produced stuff. But the plan of doubling up the duties of the camera people by editing the post-produced from the live footage could have been accomplished without dropping Smashboxx. Hell, Smashboxx was already doing the live stuff under the DGPT banner rather than their own so it's not like they were unwilling to forego some kind of revenue on their own channel (as was the issue with Jomez, etc).

Smashboxx didn't have these kinds of issues at Memorial, so it's not a matter of signal quality. I fully believe it's equipment quality. Smashboxx had something that worked, and DGPT not only changed out the people they changed out the equipment as well. I always thought that was going to be the thing that bit them, and so far, it has.

might be kind of surprising, but I totally agree. I was more pissed for Smashboxx than I was upset about how it worked out for us. They ALREADY went in house, and did it at a crazy discounted rate. Then Steve just chucks em to the side. THEN when their plan falls apart at the last minute JVD still rescues them by running the switching. JVD I hope you tripled your rates.

I think live coverage kind of sucks no matter what, but the coverage I am watch now, is good. Camera work is decent, the commentary is palatable and the graphic are simple and effective. Whatever the issues earlier, they seem to have worked them out.

You are wrong! I could strap a camcorder to my dog and get better video. Anger and yelling! Grab your pitch forks!

Working for a trucking company, our Bend, OR terminal was shut down Wednesday, yesterday, and is on Limited Operations today, Thursday.

might be kind of surprising, but I totally agree. I was more pissed for Smashboxx than I was upset about how it worked out for us. They ALREADY went in house, and did it at a crazy discounted rate. Then Steve just chucks em to the side. THEN when their plan falls apart at the last minute JVD still rescues them by running the switching. JVD I hope you tripled your rates.

Whaaaa??? MOAR INFO NEEDED!!

Welp the live feed is now back on. What I really like are the several comments on the live feed from DGPT stating that it was a Youtube problem that caused the feed to go down.

Doubt.

I don't know. YouTube could have contributed. Kept asking me to sign in and I had no access to live chat, subs, or history.

Latest posts