• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2020 Dynamic Discs Open

No offense to Paul and I wouldn't mind him winning in the end, but I hope he either pars out or finds a triple bogey somewhere down the stretch. Having a bit of drama tomorrow would be nice.:D

Post-coverage?

There won't be post pro coverage for the men until September. Jomez, CCDG and the DGPT worked out a deal with CBSsports to air 4 1hr edited broadcasts(one of those is a skins match that will be played on Monday) of this event in August and part of the deal was that they couldn't release their postpro vids until those had aired. Its just for this event and the event in MN next week will have normal coverage.

GK Pro is doing FPO post pro.

I noticed something on the live MPO coverage and wanted to mention it. Thoughts?

What was the deal with Emerson Keith on #17? He went OB off the tee and marked his lie with his mini a meter from the OB line. But... then he placed his driver on top of his mini and made his next throw. I don't remember ever seeing that before.

I noticed something on the live MPO coverage and wanted to mention it. Thoughts?

What was the deal with Emerson Keith on #17? He went OB off the tee and marked his lie with his mini a meter from the OB line. But... then he placed his driver on top of his mini and made his next throw. I don't remember ever seeing that before.

People do that all the time when they mark a disc in the fairway on the green.

That 5 shot gap between 9th and 10th place is not something you see regularly. 9 players have pulled well ahead of everyone else. Well, there's also a five shot gap between 2nd and 1st.

People do that so as not to forget to pick up their disc. It's a technique I've seen many times.

People do that so as not to forget to pick up their disc. It's a technique I've seen many times.

That's so strange. I'm normally pretty observant... or so I thought. This time it really stood out to me and I don't know why. Oh, well. Guess I'm getting old.

Any vids anybody?
There won't be post pro coverage for the men until September. Jomez, CCDG and the DGPT worked out a deal with CBSsports to air 4 1hr edited broadcasts(one of those is a skins match that will be played on Monday) of this event in August and part of the deal was that they couldn't release their postpro vids until those had aired. Its just for this event and the event in MN next week will have normal coverage.

GK Pro is doing FPO post pro.
The live feed will be free to watch tomorrow on the DGPT youtube channel.

Hard to understand how Paige can reach a 999ft hole in two throws. . .i dont think i can reach that hole in 3

Warming up for this event, I played Hole 9 as well as I possibly can:

Shot 1: Forehand off the tee, landed in the middle of the fairway.
Shot 2: Forehand up the hill, landed close to the right hand side but in position to attack the opening.
Shot 3: Forehand along the fairway, through the opening, into circle 1.
Shot 4: Putt.

An eagle just isn't the cards unless it is just some kind of phenomenal throw-in. An eagle from C1...I'm just in awe. That was a heck of a pair of throws.

Next day coverage for the the hardcore supporters of this sport would be a blessing for those who care. Mainstream coverage a few months later for non-players is an insult. My 2 cents.

Its one event... If this hadn't been the first real tour event back since the pandemic, how many people would even care? Most people loathe watching events on this course anyway.

Next weekend's event is normal coverage. We've had 3+ months off, I think another week isn't much to ask for the people who bring us this coverage wanting to try something new...

...and can you really blame Jomez and CCDG for wanting their efforts shown on a real TV channel?

Last edited:

Latest posts