• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2022 Portland Open June 2-5

Shutting down both ball golf courses this week Mon thru Sun. Commitment to our game!
Darn glad to see Blue Lake again. What does Glendoveer west look like compared to last years east ball golf course?

I've seen a lot social media videos showing the players slipping on the teepads. I wonder if there will be something in place to get those cleaned off and secure for the players. Nothing worse than slipping on a teepad and it leading to a bad shot!

While I never want to see anyone get hurt slipping on a teepad, it should be common sense that they will get slippery in the rain.

When I play in the rain, I just don't throw as hard and slow down my run up substantially.

While I never want to see anyone get hurt slipping on a teepad, it should be common sense that they will get slippery in the rain.

When I play in the rain, I just don't throw as hard and slow down my run up substantially.

The videos I've seen have been during the day with no rain. Teepads look dry. But then again, video might not tell the whole story.

It's Portland--doesn't it usually rain every day this time of year?

May weather calendar (weather.com). Only one day with no clouds. 15/31 days with rain indicated.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Portland May 2022.jpg
    Portland May 2022.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 235
The spring rain here varies dramatically, and those cute little raindrops in the forecast give you know idea what's really coming. It can vary from a warm mist to an ice cold deluge which is accompanied by a cold downdraft.

When I first moved here, I saw a guy wearing hiking boots with thick socks, cargo shorts, a t-shirt and a hoody with sunglasses. I thought he looked like an idiot, but now I understand. The conditions can change so quickly there is no way to guarantee your comfort. Sunny and 60 one moment, ice cold rain and 40 the next. Give it a few more minutes, you may find yourself standing in the sunshine while being rained on. That happens often here.

Isn't that the point? You should always expect wet tee pads? Not sure how you design for that, but as a player, I would think you would approach all tees and grass as wet/slick until proven otherwise.

The spring rain here varies dramatically, and those cute little raindrops in the forecast give you know idea what's really coming. It can vary from a warm mist to an ice cold deluge which is accompanied by a cold downdraft.

When I first moved here, I saw a guy wearing hiking boots with thick socks, cargo shorts, a t-shirt and a hoody with sunglasses. I thought he looked like an idiot, but now I understand. The conditions can change so quickly there is no way to guarantee your comfort. Sunny and 60 one moment, ice cold rain and 40 the next. Give it a few more minutes, you may find yourself standing in the sunshine while being rained on. That happens often here.

My grandmother used to say that meant the devil was beating his wife.

Not a great day for the "live "FPO" card. . Only one of them playing good. . i was hoping for a Paige vs the two top DD players battle. . . But only Valerie playing good. .
Fun to see Cox in the top, not been a good year for her so far.

Not a great day for the "live "FPO" card. . Only one of them playing good. . i was hoping for a Paige vs the two top DD players battle. . . But only Valerie playing good. .
Fun to see Cox in the top, not been a good year for her so far.

Haven't followed it yet--is it something specific like weather or maybe just unfamiliar with the course?

I heard that the sheer amount of OB stakes used for this course caused a lumber shortage in the Northwest. :thmbdown:

Has Calvin Heimberg switched to a straddle putt? :confused:
He just straddled an unobstructed 70 footer.
He was definitely one of the better putters on the Tour with his "one foot forward" putt.

Last edited:
Has Calvin Heimberg switched to a straddle putt? :confused:
He just straddled an unobstructed 70 footer.
He was definitely one of the better putters on the Tour with his "one foot forward" putt.

Probably just for long putts. He does a little hop.

Haven't followed it yet--is it something specific like weather or maybe just unfamiliar with the course?

From what i saw, Valerie just played good and hit her lines, the other 3 was all over the place of the tee, , and had a few to many OBs. . .wether was nice, nothing to blame there.