• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2022 Portland Open June 2-5

MPO #2 just gave a bunch of highlights. The Simon line. The Robinson bomb to save par.

Damn final round lead card with Simon, double G, and Paul? That sounds worth watching regardless of whether the course is any good

The course isn't terrible. There are enough trees and OB that they have to hit their lines pretty well. Not my favorite, but better than most bolf courses.

Simon is crushing it and that's fun to watch. The one guy you least want chasing you don't is in the lead card (PMB). GG is hitting pretty much everything inside c1.

Should be a fun round.

The course isn't terrible. There are enough trees and OB that they have to hit their lines pretty well. Not my favorite, but better than most bolf courses.

So much better than having white stakes lining every hole! :wall:

According to my count Glendoveer has OB along both sides of the fairway on 4 holes. Blue Lake has OB running along both sides on every hole! :thmbdown:

This is nothing to do with the play, but me and friends now have a game where we do a shot each time Ian Anderson uses the word "gross" to describe something undesirable.

ha! this was the second real concert I ever saw and it was in 1978! prolly the same solo he did when I saw him. I guess drugs made it pretty special.....

So...who had Simon and Gannon being the 2 biggest surprises of 2022?
I've only been watching Pro Tour for about 3-4 years, but every event seems SO wide open--like any of 50 different players could rise up that weekend. Seems like it will be awful hard moving forward for anyone to dominate the way Climo and McBeth did. Injuries appear to be getting more common as well, though some of those are not training/tournament related per se.

So...who had Simon and Gannon being the 2 biggest surprises of 2022?
I've only been watching Pro Tour for about 3-4 years, but every event seems SO wide open--like any of 50 different players could rise up that weekend. Seems like it will be awful hard moving forward for anyone to dominate the way Climo and McBeth did. Injuries appear to be getting more common as well, though some of those are not training/tournament related per se.

we just choppin it up on ball golf leftovers

It appears though that primarily the bombers are the true contenders on most courses and there are more bombers now to spread the wealth, especially on courses where luck scrambles the scores due to excessive OB and wind mixed with overly aggressive play. "Shorter" courses like Jackson give the second-tier bombers who can still crush a mid-range on a low line like Gibson, Buhr and a few others a chance where several fairways bend in a way such that distance alone can't overpower several holes and nasty kicks can almost be like OB. If Simon sticks to his new plan of throwing mostly rounder edged discs lower and straighter, with only a few "Simon-like" shots for the fans, he's going to continue to be deadly.

I would assume players have to locate their disc in this scenario and can't just go by the flag from the spotter? I saw several instances where a disc barely trickled OB but was lost for several minutes or completely.

I was following a group at Blue Lake on Thursday. While looking for another player's disc off the fairway on (I think) hole 16, one of the player's found a disc she had lost in practice on Monday. It was about 10 feet off the fairway and she said she and others had looked for it for 20 minutes the day she lost it. And no one else had found it for three days.

Yep, that rough is thick!

Earheart was super salty after Simon said "terrible interview" (referring to himself of course).

It must have been super awkward when he questioned him, "did you say terrible?"

Latest posts