• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: Discraft's Green Mountain Championship Sept. 12-15

Every tournament thread, a bunch of men likely older than the FPO players they are criticizing, judging, and dumping on do just that. Every. Single. Tournament.

I don't know why I read a tournament thread. Someone should do the analysis. What percentage of posts about the FPO division is criticism, psychoanalysis, etc.?

If you read between the lines, a bunch of you are saying that Cat is a b$&@% and you don't like it. Wonder what the women in your lives think about some of you.

Odd start on hole one for MPO. . i dont really "get" that OB rule

https://www.pdga.com/rules/official-rules-disc-golf/80302
D. A player may elect at any time to take optional relief by declaring their intention to the group. The lie may then be relocated by marking a new lie which is farther from the target, and is on the line of play. One penalty throw is added to the player's score.
E. No penalty throw is added if optional relief is being taken following a penalty taken for a disc out-of-bounds or above two meters.

At any point you can choose to take optional relief straight back on the line of play. Maybe there's a big bush in your face. Maybe your runup is rocky and uneven. Maybe you don't like your angle to the green. Whatever the reason is, you can go back on the LOP as far as you want at the cost of one penalty stroke. However, the rules committee doesn't want to double penalize you for being stuck under a big bush while coming off an OB stroke at the same time; they give you the relief for free since you already got a penalty stroke for being OB.

Kind of odd in a way that your rating depends on how the other players are doing, i can think a 62 is a 62
But i do understand why it have to be that way

Well, the primary theory behind it is that on average, players will play to their average ability. When you get enough players in the field, this holds to be true to a high degree of accuracy. If you were to take a group of 20 players and play them through a course twice, would you expect their average score to be exactly the same? Maybe 1 stroke different? Maybe 10 strokes different?
Or try it again with a field of 100 players. Exactly the same, 1 stroke different, 10 strokes different, or more?

Being 1 stroke different seems to me (without doing any fancy math) that it's pretty damn close. Some people shot better the second time around. Some people shot worse. But on average, the field shot within 1.5% round-to-round. Pretty damn close.

D. A player may elect at any time to take optional relief by declaring their intention to the group. The lie may then be relocated by marking a new lie which is farther from the target, and is on the line of play. One penalty throw is added to the player's score.
E. No penalty throw is added if optional relief is being taken following a penalty taken for a disc out-of-bounds or above two meters.

At any point you can choose to take optional relief straight back on the line of play. Maybe there's a big bush in your face. Maybe your runup is rocky and uneven. Maybe you don't like your angle to the green. Whatever the reason is, you can go back on the LOP as far as you want at the cost of one penalty stroke. However, the rules committee doesn't want to double penalize you for being stuck under a big bush while coming off an OB stroke at the same time; they give you the relief for free since you already got a penalty stroke for being OB.

I missed the first couple holes of MPO coverage so I wasn't sure what Jolt was referring to. Now that I've seen this post and gone back and looked, I understand. It's not really an "OB rule". It's a relief rule that's been on the books for years, only now the penalty is waived in certain situations so as to not penalize the same throw twice.

I invoked the rule myself last week at the Selinske. I was surprised and impressed that everyone on my card knew exactly what I was doing without question as well. And clearly no one on the lead card today was unfamiliar with it, so it would seem not to be an unfamiliar rule for players on tour.

While I'm not happy to see Dickerson (or anyone really) throw OB, I am glad that this rule was used on the lead card of a tournament being aired live (and eventually on post-pro). Having rules come up like this and be used properly to the player's advantage is a great educational tool for those that don't know.

how you do know she was diagnosed with social anxiety

Pay him no mind. He was being mean about what I said earlier about having empathy for people whose behavior you don't understand.

Instead he doubled down. #classy

Yes i can be fun to see somebody "new" on the live cards. . but, did the live get as many views without the top names on the cards?
You heard them say yesterday that the crowd followed Paiges card, very few people with the lead card

the MPO card have two big names that people like to follow, and two "new" thats not on the leadcard every week. . a nice mix

Yeah FPO1 had 3 for a while, by the end of the round there was 30 or so. FPO2 with PP and Cat had at least 10 when they teed off on hole 11, while FPO1 had 6 or so at that point.

Pay him no mind. He was being mean about what I said earlier about having empathy for people whose behavior you don't understand.

Instead he doubled down. #classy

Mean? Innuendo, supposition and conjecture for the purpose of white knighting....that was my objection. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, assuming you had some insight beyond the above.

Mean? Innuendo, supposition and conjecture for the purpose of white knighting....that was my objection. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, assuming you had some insight beyond the above.

Insight you say? Oh, I've got LOADS of that. Have a seat, lay back and just relax. You're in a safe space now ru4por!

See, it takes a special brand of insecurity to get offended when encouraged to feel empathy for a girl who is clearly going through some internal struggles.

I am here for you though! I'd be happy to break it down for you if you feel you want help working through those socially crippling egocentric insecurities and the defense mechanisms they clearly trigger for you. That's a sad way to go through life and I feel bad for you, just out there flapping in the breeze, all emotionally tender and angry. Poor thing! Lmk, insight for days my man!

I need to read up on this rule. . i feel most time you go OB your lie is of.

So at worlds when Paige did go OB into a big bush and had to stretch out max to even get a desent angle. . she could just have walked back in the line of play and played from there?

Eveliina and Henan had the sam bad lie on the same hole

the "line of play", how decides that? can i just place my shot center fairway?

So i feel everytime you go OB it´s better to go a meter back and center fairway . . than to just take a meter from the OB line

Hole 7 the long par 5 yesterday as an example. . many went OB right, and played a meter from the wood line and had a bad angle . . so they could just have gone out to center fairway instead?

the "line of play", how decides that? can i just place my shot center fairway?

So i feel everytime you go OB it´s better to go a meter back and center fairway . . than to just take a meter from the OB line

Hole 7 the long par 5 yesterday as an example. . many went OB right, and played a meter from the wood line and had a bad angle . . so they could just have gone out to center fairway instead?

The line of play goes from the basket straight thru your disc. There aren't really a lot of places where this rule would actually apply since most of the time you cant go backwards thru the line because you would be OB.

The rule was originally written so if your lie after going OB happens to be in a bush or up against a tree, you could move away from that obstacle. The idea being that one bad throw doesn't cause two penalties.

Like I said above though, this doesn't really apply to a lot of holes because most OB parallels the fairway and there is no safe zone back that way to be able to mark a lie in. This really comes into play where you have a long carry over water, but you have James Conrad's follow thru. Instead of marking 1m from the water's edge, you could bring it back another 3m and have plenty of room.

Last edited:
Ok, that makes more sense. . i first thought "line of play" was center fairway

But in the Paige case at Worlds ( can´t remember the hole ) she would have got a much better angle if she moved back a few meters in the line of play

Ok, that makes more sense. . i first thought "line of play" was center fairway

But in the Paige case at Worlds ( can´t remember the hole ) she would have got a much better angle if she moved back a few meters in the line of play

I dont remember the hole you're referring to but the rule was only enacted last year I think, so a lot of players just aren't used to using it yet. Especially since the opportunity to use it really doesn't come up all that often.

I dont remember the hole you're referring to but the rule was only enacted last year I think, so a lot of players just aren't used to using it yet. Especially since the opportunity to use it really doesn't come up all that often.

I think it was this hole, she went OB and took her shot from the "X" . .she could have moved back to my "O" and got a better angle ?
attachment.php

Attachments

• ob.JPG
    ob.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 244

Latest posts