• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT, PDGA, and the Coronavirus

jeremyhilss

Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
With the NBA cancelling indefinitely, the NHL pondering it's immediate future, and March Madness being held in empty stadiums (creepy af) - I am starting to become saddened at the thought of what this could affect in the disc golf world.

Has the PDGA said anything about this? Do you think the DGPT will possibly make changes or cancellations? Big events in disc golf are obviously not as large as most other sports, but with touring players coming from different regions of the world, and the occasional HUGE galleries (like European Open and Worlds), I can't help but wonder what could happen.

I'm also hoping my local tourneys can still take place - all this warm weather has me ready to throw once the snow melts up here - I would hate to have even those disrupted, but it is what it is.

Thoughts?

Disc Golf:
We dont die, we multiply!!

Bonus if you know the quotes origin, maybe

hqdefault.jpg

Disc Golf:
We dont die, we multiply!!

Bonus if you know the quotes origin, maybe

Probably wouldn't have remembered it if I hadn't watched it not long ago.;)

Was flipping thru the channel guide in the middle of the night sometime in January and was like... hmm time for a flashback, lol.

I can maybe understand not holding the big events, but Tier B or less.....carry on.

I don't think the events themselves are a problem, its really the pre/post tourney stuff. If you have one guy sick start fondling thru the plastic a lot of events I've been at have, then you do have a problem.

When will GBO be cancelled. Gonna happen. Why wait?
I think it's a given that all the NT's and DGPT events will be cancelled through Jonesboro. GBO can probably wait and see for now since it's right at the end of April.

I'm more curious what the PDGA is going to do about all these events they sanction and provide insurance for. For liability purposes they might have to pull sanctioning for all of them and force TD's to cancel or run without insurance. Running a disc golf event in a pandemic without insurance doesn't seem like a very good idea, but you know some of them will.