• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT, PDGA, and the Coronavirus

Maybe Ricky's herbalist can put together a bag of juju spices to wear around the neck to cure covid-19 and get things back to normal.

LOLOL
Use Lyme to fight off the Covid19, then essential oils cure the Lyme!

Disc Golf:
We dont die, we multiply!!

Bonus if you know the quotes origin, maybe

I first heard it in the outro to a Ludacris song, something of either Chicken & Beer or Red Light District. But there seems to be a consensus that the actual origin is different.

If GBO doesn't happen this year then having a 2020 GBO stamped disc might make a neat collectible.

Interesting. True.

Congrats to COVID-19 and the Pro Tour for coming together and robbing Paul McBeth of another victory at WACO on behalf of some dude with a mustache! At first, it didn't seem like the overblown sensation would dig its paranoid tendrils into the obscure sport of Super Lawn Frisbee, but with a little help from the hyper-PR-aware cowardice of the modern corporate model of the Pro Tour, together they capitalized on McBeth's failure to lead wire-to-wire, cutting down the champion in a headwind of convenience. In the coming weeks, COVID-19 looks forward to ravaging the freaky shag van of the mustachioed tournament winner guy and his frisbee chick.

Last edited:
As a club that runs 8 tournaments and four leagues a season, I don't see the value in refunding in merch. Maybe offering players pack as a refund option, but I think we will be offering whatever our players want. Even if it costs us in the end.

I respect your position immensely. Very commendable. I was only answering the person who claimed TD's and clubs who were ahead in ordering would be "stuck" with merch and out of money on refunds. This amendment clearly addresses that. But it is always better when leaders can stand like Mark Cuban and you guys have.

Congrats to COVID-19 and the Pro Tour for coming together and robbing Paul McBeth of another victory at WACO on behalf of some dude with a mustache! At first, it didn't seem like the overblown sensation would dig its paranoid tendrils into the obscure sport of Super Lawn Frisbee, but with a little help from the hyper-PR-aware cowardice of the modern corporate model of the Pro Tour, together they capitalized on McBeth's failure to lead wire-to-wire, cutting down the champion in a headwind of convenience. In the coming weeks, COVID-19 looks forward to ravaging the freaky shag van of the mustachioed tournament winner guy and his frisbee chick.

Say what? Like, in really? You really think it's a conspiracy?

Say what? Like, in really? You really think it's a conspiracy?
Like really, you think I was being sincere?

I'm just a little gotten to over the tournament ending and panic infecting DG (and Paul not winning). Hell, they probably even did the right thing. Maybe. I still don't like that mustache though.

This pisses me off... with all the pro sports gone I was hopeful that the PDGA would just ban spectators, tournament gatherings, and high fiving, and then keep the events and video coverage. I don't think this had to happen, disc golf is a non contact individual sport in the outdoors.

I'm running out of things to do in my winter bunker. You can only have so many toilet paper fights.

This pisses me off... with all the pro sports gone I was hopeful that the PDGA would just ban spectators, tournament gatherings, and high fiving, and then keep the events and video coverage. I don't think this had to happen, disc golf is a non contact individual sport in the outdoors.

I'm running out of things to do in my winter bunker. You can only have so many toilet paper fights.

go outside and play disc golf?

America is already in full panic, no logic, hoard non-essential supplies mode. It's going to get much much more stupid in the coming weeks. It doesn't make sense to have touring pros or any kind of event held at public parks were local authorities are coming up with their own version of controlling the situation and botching it horribly to boot.

PGA can do whatever they want because they play on private courses (mostly). We have enough challenge dealing with the parks dept, and local gov on a good day. This is not a good day.

Do I think the whole thing is stupid? Yes, of course. Is some kind of response warranted? Absolutely. America is just the kind of place that can't do these types of things right, we haven't been for a long long time. Logic doesn't rule this country, fear does.

go outside and play disc golf?

America is already in full panic, no logic, hoard non-essential supplies mode. It's going to get much much more stupid in the coming weeks. It doesn't make sense to have touring pros or any kind of event held at public parks were local authorities are coming up with their own version of controlling the situation and botching it horribly to boot.

PGA can do whatever they want because they play on private courses (mostly). We have enough challenge dealing with the parks dept, and local gov on a good day. This is not a good day.

Do I think the whole thing is stupid? Yes, of course. Is some kind of response warranted? Absolutely. America is just the kind of place that can't do these types of things right, we haven't been for a long long time. Logic doesn't rule this country, fear does.

I would love to believe that you're right about it being overreaction, however that requires believing that both China and Italy never happened.

I would love to believe that you're right about it being overreaction, however that requires believing that both China and Italy never happened.

People are 100% overreacting and that is what is going to lead to problems. Limiting contact with others, washing hands, and self quarantine if you get sick, and seeking care if you get worse are the only logical steps.

People won't do that though which will overload the limited medical resources in our already horrible excuse for a healthcare system that we call "affordable access to care for everyone".

Like I said fear rules this country now. Since the majority of people, and the entire media has already decided to embrace full blown panic, it's only a matter of time before Italy 2.0

If we had widespread testing at least we'd see that the fatality rate is much lower than currently reported and that a lot more people are already infected. This would actually help reduce the fear that this is something to be terrified of. It should be taken seriously of course, refer to the logical steps above.

I think the PDGA took the right steps given the current state of the country but if everyone would just calm down we could have had small outdoor events like disc golf tournaments.

Indoor mass gatherings like concerts should absolutely be cancelled. It breaks rule 1, limit contact with other people

People are 100% overreacting and that is what is going to lead to problems. Limiting contact with others, washing hands, and self quarantine if you get sick, and seeking care if you get worse are the only logical steps.

People won't do that though which will overload the limited medical resources in our already horrible excuse for a healthcare system that we call "affordable access to care for everyone".

Like I said fear rules this country now. Since the majority of people, and the entire media has already decided to embrace full blown panic, it's only a matter of time before Italy 2.0

If we had widespread testing at least we'd see that the fatality rate is much lower than currently reported and that a lot more people are already infected. This would actually help reduce the fear that this is something to be terrified of. It should be taken seriously of course, refer to the logical steps above.

I think the PDGA took the right steps given the current state of the country but if everyone would just calm down we could have had small outdoor events like disc golf tournaments.

Indoor mass gatherings like concerts should absolutely be cancelled. It breaks rule 1, limit contact with other people

nah, not overreacting at all. if we've learned anything from the past couple weeks it's that people CAN'T be expected to self quarantine or practice anything close to sensible restrictions on physical contact. seeing one of the cards at waco yesterday full on hug at the 18th teepad made me cringe.

add in the actions of people like rudy gobert and i don't think cancelling events is a bad idea whatsoever.

nah, not overreacting at all. if we've learned anything from the past couple weeks it's that people CAN'T be expected to self quarantine or practice anything close to sensible restrictions on physical contact. seeing one of the cards at waco yesterday full on hug at the 18th teepad made me cringe.

add in the actions of people like rudy gobert and i don't think cancelling events is a bad idea whatsoever.
He could lose all the money he makes (made) in the NBA if any of those media people get this virus.
What a friggin' idiot.

Yeah I wouldn't say 100 percent overreacting, but I'd give it at least 50 percent. The hype is good for news outlets. I feel like half of the population is 200% overreacting, news agencies are 100% overreacting and 50% of the population is undereacting.

So if the news agency's can convince the people that are undereacting to take precautions then it's 100% worth it.

I'm actually wondering if maybe I have already gone a round with the Covid a month or so back, could have been the flu. We live in a vacation area where people have a second house and the means to travel, one of my homeowners sold his place in Italy and there was a cold that wiped through the crew... actual origin unknown but high fever, pretty much sacked me for a week, I was only conscious for a few hours at a time. I took precautions, like always because I hate spreading that stuff around and my guys didn't get sick. Of course my buddy had already got it 2 months ago and it lingered for him for about 3 weeks.. Covid or regular flu season? Who knows.

There was a great picture of a row of matches, the middle one was half the length. All the matches on the left were burnt but the short one that stayed away saved all the others on the right...

Last edited:
...and self quarantine if you get sick...

This is the part that I think a lot of people are missing when they argue for a commonsense approach. It seems that we can be contagious if we've been exposed, but are asymptomatic. In other words, healthy people with no symptoms can infect others before they even realize they have the virus. So, if someone finds out they are sick, and THEN they quarantine themselves, they've probably already exposed a bunch of other people over the preceding five days, or whatever. At least that's my understanding. So, that seems to be why the social distancing aspect is so important.

People won't do that though

Kinda sounds like they're underreacting then, doesn't it?

People are weird.

This is fairly uncharted territory. Things like this have happened before, but not in modern times. Back then you just sat around and died since no one understood how to stop it. Now we have science to help us. We haven't had to implement the steps before, and it's complicated. The bottom line is science it telling us how to keep a lot of people from dying.

Of course the steps are inconvenient. People who are not likely to die from COVID-19 have to make sacrifices to save lives, but it's not their life they are saving. Since it's not their life, it seems like a lot of people simply don't care and are unwilling to endure the inconvenience of it all. That's pretty maddening, but it's who we are.

I was trying to explain this to a co-worker. I said if this thing gets into nursing homes, group homes, supported living facilities, etc., it's going to wipe those people out. Those people are going to die at very high rates. He said something to the effect of good, they are weak and taking care of them is a drain on the economy. Which...HIS MOTHER IS 90! SHE LIVES IN A NURSING HOME!!! He couldn't even connect the dots enough to know I was talking about his own mother dying. He was so focused on not having any basketball to watch this weekend that he couldn't add one and one to get two.

People are getting hung up on "IT'S THE MEDIA" Waa Waa Waa..that's a political ploy run amuck in our society, this idea that the media is liberal and untrustworthy and everything is a ploy to make conservatives look bad. Italy reported 250 deaths yesterday from COVID 19. One day. 250 people dead. If you think this is a hoax, the hoax is on you. You should stop digging through the press reporting looking for your "gotcha" moment so you can feel smug and smart; use the time to start reading and following CDC recommendations.

Lol dude i want what you're smoking too