• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Difference between Elite Z and Crystal

Rockyraccoon

As the title says....I'm wondering what the differences are between Discraft's Elite Z and Crystal plastics?

I've gathered from folks around the course and online that Crystal is more sought after than Z....so I was hoping to find out what the big deal is.

CryZtal plastic has nice bright colors with clear translucent plastic. It feels like it might be just a tick softer, grippier, and less durable than Z, but the primary difference is the look of the disc.

I agree with all of what JoshEpoo says.

Another thing to think about is that CryZtal is a little harder to get. It's not generally a stock disc that merchants have on hand to sell; all of the Cryztal I have I won at tournaments. If it's more rare, it's often more sought after, regardless of its qualities.

+ usually less stable than z.

cryztal is some nice plastic,softer than Z ,less stable foo shur! cryztal flex even softer,than cryztal Z, nice lookin disc, Im always looking for cryztal buzzzez

Cryztal Z challenger is also a slightly different mold. The flight plate is thicker than the FLX, X, and pro D.

Usually is softer grippier but does vary same with the stablilty of the buzzz's.

The ones that I have seen are:
Challenger
Buzzz
Avenger and Avenger SS
and I belive I have heard of a stalker and nuke

The Challenger and Buzzz are the most common discs found in Cryztal.

Well after looking at discraft's site they don't offer the Avenger, or nuke. Not saying that they never made them they just don't now.

So they currently offer:
Challenger
Buzzz
Avenger SS
Stalker

I know they made the Nuke in CryZtal FLX plastic. I'm not sure if it's still in production, but you can still get them.

^^^they feel like you are throwing a giant gummy bear its awesome lol...not that i throw nukes:|

Well after looking at discraft's site they don't offer the Avenger, or nuke. Not saying that they never made them they just don't now.

So they currently offer:
Challenger
Buzzz
Avenger SS
Stalker

I have a crystal nuke.
Crystal discs are passed out like candy at tournaments. I'm pretty sure every Michigan disc golfer has a box full of Crystal buzzz.

The avenger ss' are the exception in stability in that they get a bump in stability.

I agree with vc though ive managed to sell/trade off all but one of mine.

As an avenger ss should be. I still feel its more overstable than a z or esp in the same weight range.

meteor
drone
buzzz
buzzz ss
nuke
challenger
avenger ss

Crystal discs are passed out like candy at tournaments. I'm pretty sure every Michigan disc golfer has a box full of Crystal buzzz.

This. Any tournament Ive played if there was a players pack it usually included a cryztal disc. I see alot of them on the course too.

They have Crystal sparkle nukes too. Seen a couple people selling them locally. SS, OS, and I don't remember if the regular nuke was one or not.

Latest posts