• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf CALLED "LAME" BY....

XxInnovaxX

Double Eagle Member
lol, i just found something on the internet that had me rolling....dont you just love when people make assumptions and generalizations about something when theyve never even tried it???? check out what these paintballing punks think about dg:mad::D

most of it made me laugh my ass off but one kid REALLY F'N irked me....talking about how he and his friends stole a basket and hid it, thinking it was all a joke....stupid kids.....if you keep reading a ways into it they get into about the "physical" aspect of paintball, saying that paintballing is all physical and dg requires no physical strength/endurance/stamina/skill...what a bunch of idiots

heres the forum, check it out then post what you think about it

most of the people there are just saying how ESPN puts a bunch of stuff on that's not really sports, but then you have a bunch of gems

"the only thing that bugs me is that one of the frisbee people on the message board called paintball a small sport. it is now the number 1 extreme sport in the us with 10 million particpants. frisbee golf has what like... 10?"

Seriously? 10? And since when is paintball an "extreme" sport?

"srsly.
disk golf is a soccer mom sport.... for homo men"
So if you met Avery Jenkins and he told you he played disc golf you would call him a soccer mom? Seriously?

but anyway, one of the users said that that is no way to promote a sport and that everyone is different. So, whatever, a few people who play paintball(I don't know anybody that does anymore) think we are playing a stupid sport.

Our game is on the way up, and way way up, what do we care.

"the only thing that bugs me is that one of the frisbee people on the message board called paintball a small sport. it is now the number 1 extreme sport in the us with 10 million particpants. frisbee golf has what like... 10?"

Seriously? 10? And since when is paintball an "extreme" sport?

yeah i laughed real hard when reading that part.....especially when i realized only 9 other people play dg :) :)

and as far as it being an "extreme" sport i thought the same thing when i was 6...and then i found out there was these things called real guns, that actually kill sh!t when you hit it:D man i wish it was deer season!!

I think Paintball can be fun, but its damn expensive to play. I played disc golf today and it cost me nothing but a little gas.

I mean if you want to talk about lame sports, you could say that Paintball is nothing more than a fancy form of "tag, your out". I played tag when I was 8.

This kinda stuff isn't even worth attention. I've learned a long time ago not care what ignorant people think. I just let 'em go on thinking whatever they please without giving it a second thought. Trust me, they're happy that way too.

This kinda stuff isn't even worth attention. I've learned a long time ago not care what ignorant people think. I just let 'em go on thinking whatever they please without giving it a second thought. Trust me, they're happy that way too.

yeah i know it....it just gave me a little chuckle, and figured i would give others the chance to laugh at peoples ignorance:D

I just read all the postings there and those guys have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to Disc Golf.

what made you think that?????? disk?:D

That and the fact that they kept calling it Frisbee Golf.

They must all be some rich yuppies who have nothing better to do but put others down. I have only paid Paintball once. It was fun, but it was not cheap. Disc Golf is much cheaper.

I mean if people want to play Paintball, fine with me, I don't give a damn, and I am not going to put anyone down for doing it. Those guys have some huge chip on thier shoulder for some reason.

Speaking of guns, there is something similar to paintball called "Air Soft". I think its where you have those guns that shoot those soft pellets, and it plays similar to paint ball.

My friend knows a family that plays it. He brought them out to my practice field one evening a few weeks ago, and we made up some holes using my basket, and I taught them how to play , and they had a blast. I even gave the son a disc, and he was so happy.

"Don't knock it till you try it"

agreed, I thought at first about registering there and trying to explain our side, but what it really comes down to it exposure, they'd like it as much as we would.

In the long run , who cares, it doesn't make disc any less fun.

Just kids being kids man. Paintball is def. fun, but not nearly as worth playing as disc golf.

I think Paintball is fun, but man, a cheap gun cost more than my bag and half my discs. Now you have to by a mask, the gas to shoot, and the ammo. Like I said, I played disc golf today, and it cost me nothing but a little gasoline.

Plus, I don't think paintball is fun to play by yourself.

Also, I think if I went to my practice field, and started unloading paint balls, I would get arrested.

I think Paintball is fun, but man, a cheap gun cost more than my bag and half my discs. Now you have to by a mask, the gas to shoot, and the ammo. Like I said, I played disc golf today, and it cost me nothing but a little gasoline.

Plus, I don't think paintball is fun to play by yourself.

Also, I think if I went to my practice field, and started unloading paint balls, I would get arrested.

Those are all good points, but you're preaching to the converted on this one.

Plus I don't think anyone here is gonna diss paintball, it's not in our nature. How many truly mean dg'ers have you come across? For me, it's less than a handful, most disc golfers are generally nice people and are just trying to have a good time.

I guess that makes us a good target, that's ok. We can handle it.

Like I said, I have nothing against paintball, I just can't afford to play it. Plus, last time I played , I had bruises for a week from those damn paint balls.

true that

a top notch pro level bag + the discs to fill it is way less than an auto cocker and ammo to fill it

not to mention you need opponents and whatnot

I'll stick to disc golf, I can play a round by myself in about 55 minutes, on a difficult course.

suck on that paintballers

I was into paintball for awhile (but not like I'm into disc golf) and I don't really think you can call it extreme. Your biggest risk of injury beyond any other sport it a bunch of little bruises if you get shot a bunch. EXTREME! Plus, nowadays a lot of paintballers wear armor so they don't even get the bruises. I always thought the bruises were half the point.

And don't even get me started on the stupidity of airsoft...

I haved played both and it seems both have a place but it is a whole lot cheaper to play DG then it is PB. I bought my son a PB gun for around 200$ and now it sits in a bag in the sun room. It has not been used in more than a year. Anybody want to buy it? !!! :rolleyes:

Latest posts