• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf CALLED "LAME" BY....

rofl, I would not want to get into that fight.
we'd lose, not a question.

...unless we had an automatic disc launcher :D

i'd rather get hit by paintballs than even a mid from 100+ out. in H.S. a few friends and i made a ****ty movie and i had to take a paintball to the chest from 50' away as the old hick who got rolled on drive-by style- cried like a bitch and it left a fat welt, but i saw a raging inferno go all the way through someone's upper lip and knock them out cold (20-30 feet away). my only two experiences with either. fully auto paintballs though- no thanks. 50 welts like that would kill me...

how bout we just merge dodge-ball and disc golf- or maybe make an arena like the aztecs used to do only use discs instead of arrows- you know, send fugitives running down the 100 yard field while we all chuck discs at them with the intent to kill? see apocalypto if you don't know what i mean. i'm aiming for the back of the knee.

please foreward this to the "how much time do you spend on DGCR" thread.

Last edited:
how bout we just merge dodge-ball and disc golf- or maybe make an arena like the aztecs used to do only use discs instead of arrows- you know, send fugitives running down the 100 yard field while we all chuck discs at them with the intent to kill? see apocalypto if you don't know what i mean. i'm aiming for the back of the knee.

please foreward this to the "how much time do you spend on DGCR" thread.

There is a game called guts where players have a small court and throw frisbees at each other in a dodgeball style. Never played it but it sounds mean.

Why are people still talking about an online conversation between juveniles that took place 3 years ago? Chances are those kids play disc golf now, who knows. That was one heck of bait though they caught fish 3 years after setting the trap! I bet the OP was one of them just seeing if he could stir the pot ;)

I know plenty of people who play paintball and disc golf.

Why are people still talking about an online conversation between juveniles that took place 3 years ago? Chances are those kids play disc golf now, who knows. That was one heck of bait though they caught fish 3 years after setting the trap! I bet the OP was one of them just seeing if he could stir the pot ;)

I know plenty of people who play paintball and disc golf.

I think we've already concluded it was 3 years ago and they are kids. The thread has now moved onto what is more deadly, or what would you rather get hit by, a disc or a paintball :)

Or different games we could play while merging gladiators, dodgeball, and disc.

we could just play in a hockey rink. barefoot. 10 people per side, nah, 20. rules are simple- bleed and you're out. last man standing gets a brand new safeway coupon book, and the right to feel special.

can we start a "what would you rather get hit by" thread? i don't know how to make polls, so hopefully someone that does is as bored and interested in this subject as i am...

A) paintball (non-frozen)
B) wraith from +300 at pre low speed turn velocity
C) a dragonfly in the mouth on a motorcycle at highway speed
D) a sloppy kiss from the principal at the H.S. you attended at the time of your attendance
E) hail the size of golf balls (never experienced it myself, but imagine it would suck)
F) jimmy "superfly" snooka's best top rope move
G) elk urine extract

can we start a "what would you rather get hit by" thread? i don't know how to make polls, so hopefully someone that does is as bored and interested in this subject as i am...

A) paintball (non-frozen)
B) wraith from +300 at pre low speed turn velocity
C) a dragonfly in the mouth on a motorcycle at highway speed
D) a sloppy kiss from the principal at the H.S. you attended at the time of your attendance
E) hail the size of golf balls (never experienced it myself, but imagine it would suck)
F) jimmy "superfly" snooka's best top rope move
G) elk urine extract

I have been hit by a Dragon Fly at 65 mph on a motorcycle. I am glad I had my full face helmet on, because it hit just above my eye, in the visor, and splattered across the visor and helmet. It felt like I had just been hit by a golf ball.

I have been hit by a Dragon Fly at 65 mph on a motorcycle. I am glad I had my full face helmet on, because it hit just above my eye, in the visor, and splattered across the visor and helmet. It felt like I had just been hit by a golf ball.

damn. worst i ever had was a bumble bee to the teeth going a good 20 mph on a mountain bike. good thing you had that visor on. i can't imagine it would be easy to even stop a bike with dragon fly guts in your eyes.

i actually got hit dead in the eyes with pigeon crap in san francisco a couple months back (convertible with top down). it took me a few seconds to even realize what happened. it was quite a wholesome load. then i had to sit through rush hour traffic for an hour with crap in my eyes after cleaning what i could with the arm of my sweatshirt.

I'll throw my 2c into the whole out of topic cesspool. Getting hit by things on a motorcycle blows, I caught rock in the shin about the size of a nickel at 60ish mph...bad news bears.

Also it infuriates me to hear disc golf called Frofl...just sounds stupid

I've said it before and I'll say it again. "Frolf" sounds like a mildly retarded Hobbit.

Who cares what people call it? You're lucky someone even knows the concept of disc golf.

This. I've called it disc golf, frisbee golf, frolf. If someone hasn't heard of it before I always mention that disc golf is the correct term, but I don't get pissy at people.

Latest posts