• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf in a Dress - PDGA Rule Change

Too bad Vegan Ray isn't around to rehash the transgender complications associated with this rule change. :D

Anyway, I too applaud Holly for doing this the right way.

It's sad that this was even an issue.

I think that it was simply overlooked / never thought about.

The PDGA clearly agreed which is why the change was made as quickly as possible.

"That dress is poorly tailored so I'm going to add 2 to your score, k?"

posting in a Holly thread :D
come n take it zenbot

The dress dress code change is positive, way to go.

Guys - why ya gotta make it about ugly women. Some of those ladies are actually fine as **** and maybe their jealousy was that they followed the rules and had to look like volleyball coaches.

Hmmm, i coach volleyball. Not sure how to take that one.:confused:

The original rule was penned during a different time and fashion has grown up a lot since then. A la the required collared shirt has since morphed to include a dry fit.

Of course, how far do we want this to go? I'm not saying that this particular dress code was valid, but how far do we want to push the dress code before it fails to meet the purpose for which it was intended? Why did we have a dress code in the first place?

In regards to this rule; what was gained by changing it? Was there not suitable attire available for women prior to the change? Does this help or hinder the visibility of the sport as it moves forward?

The original rule was penned during a different time and fashion has grown up a lot since then. A la the required collared shirt has since morphed to include a dry fit.

Of course, how far do we want this to go? I'm not saying that this particular dress code was valid, but how far do we want to push the dress code before it fails to meet the purpose for which it was intended? Why did we have a dress code in the first place?

In regards to this rule; what was gained by changing it? Was there not suitable attire available for women prior to the change? Does this help or hinder the visibility of the sport as it moves forward?

Loomis- I know you're not a fan of me as you blocked me on facebook over a year ago.

I believe a dress code is set in place to give a professional appearance to competitors at high levels of events. I do believe a tennis dress qualifies as professional in appearance and doesn't reflect negatively upon our sport or female athletes.

The dress is dry fit and allows freedom of movement, it's feminine and as a person who suffers from syncope due to excessive heat, it allows me to stay cool while competing during 100+ temps.

What was gained? Freedom to dress more feminine and freely without being constricted and punished. Competitive attire choices have now broadened for female athletes and hopefully an inspiration to new players.

This is my personal opinion.

Over and Out.

I believe a dress code is set in place to give a professional appearance to competitors at high levels of events. I do believe a tennis dress qualifies as professional in appearance and doesn't reflect negatively upon our sport or female athletes.

This is spot on. It's all about looking like actual athletes. Nearly every sport has a dress code of some sort for sanctioned competition.

The dress is dry fit and allows freedom of movement, it's feminine and as a person who suffers from syncope due to excessive heat, it allows me to stay cool while competing during 100+ temps.

What was gained? Freedom to dress more feminine and freely without being constricted and punished. Competitive attire choices have now broadened for female athletes and hopefully an inspiration to new players.

The PDGA has a lot to gain by allowing women to actually look like women on the course.

The PDGA has a lot to gain by allowing women to actually look like women on the course.

That's exactly where I was going with my comments earlier about marketing. Attractive participants (of either gender) have NEVER hurt the marketing of any sport. There's probably a very small % of people in the US that could name two international soccer players...but I'd bet most of them know who David Beckham is.

Anyone else come in here looking for pics?

Halfway expected to see pics of hairy dudes with beards wearing dresses though; then I saw it was a Holly thread and it all made sense.

Props for going through the right channels and not just complaining on DGCR/Facebook.

Loomis- I know you're not a fan of me as you blocked me on facebook over a year ago.

This is my personal opinion.

Over and Out.

Seems to have worked out well for professional tennis.

Anyone else come in here looking for pics?

Halfway expected to see pics of hairy dudes with beards wearing dresses though; then I saw it was a Holly thread and it all made sense.

Hate to see somebody leave disappointed during the Holiday season. :D

Attachments

• TheDress.jpg
    TheDress.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 247
Now can someone get on the part of the dress code that allows Nikko to wear freaking board shorts? I swear his attire at the Memorial last year looked like he just rolled off his SeaDoo and on to the course.

wait, what? are there really people who object to this rule change?

kudos to you, holly

way to TCB

Idk if anyone objects to the change really.

The fact is, at the kcwo, holly wasnt in compliance with the dress code and someone pointed it out to an official and it was addressed. Holly seemed like she felt it was personal, maybe it was, I dont want to speculate on that.

But, as hammer said, i do respect that she took the proper course of action to get a change made instead of just complaining about it with no action taken to remedy her complaint. So now she can wear comfortable attire and also be in compliance with the rules. Win win, imo

Latest posts