• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Pet Peeves -

Status
Not open for further replies.
My longest drive (400') is a roller. However, all my rollers are accidental :eek:
I tried forehanding a Star Boss and flipped it into a roller. It landed about 200' out and rolled another 200', landed 25' left of the pin. I missed the putt, of course. :doh::wall:

my longest is the same story, with my DX Wraith, it went 200' turned and rolled 175+ feet then one skipped off a root and into the hole...ACE it was pure luck:D

Yeah, rollers are dumb. Tommys are alright when in trouble. Sure they work for drives but ya look like a d if It's the only drive ya use.

My hide gets rashy when people think a $30 entry fee is steep price to pay. For $30 you get a chance to play in five tournaments and their will be weekly events to partake in. These you do not need to be in the club but if there wasn't a club hosting them their wouldn't be weekly events. Your payouts equal new baskets to replace the ones Johnson was hating on earlier and possibly more, if my extra efforts pay off.

Other chap burners are people who know what the sport is called yet keep calling it Frolf just to bug you.

Seeing evidence of people who break branches and other course amenities.

People who drive by as you throw and hank their horn or give you a thumbs down or stomp on the gas so their P.O.S. rattles and shakes and makes lots of noise because they think its cool.

my home course is awful when it comes to litter. now that the snow has been melting, it's revealed dozens of beer cans that people stomp into the snow upon emptying. if i ever catch someone stomping a beer can or throwing it into the woods... star boss right to the temple.

^Maybe it is time to organize a little cleanup group and cash in on these cans! Help the park out and get a few bucks at the same time.

Your lucky people play in the winter
Hed, Johnson, nolimitsmn and I are the only ones who play our local course.

Littering and/or not letting faster players play through means that thou art a boil, a plague sore, an embossed carbuncle in my corrupted blood.

- People littering, especially cigarette butts. All I need is my dog accidentally eating one while I'm not looking.

- People playing in large groups that don't let you play through.

- People that fake you out 100 times before they actually throw.

Can't stand when a large group of people stand around the basket recording their scores when there is a back up. They should move on to the next tee and talk about their scores away from the basket so the next group can play up.

Your lucky people play in the winter
Hed, Johnson, nolimitsmn and I are the only ones who play our local course.

YOU'RE!!! I had to read that first sentence 3 times to figure it out!

My lucky people... Wha?? I don't have any...

- People littering, especially cigarette butts. All I need is my dog accidentally eating one while I'm not looking...

I eat my own butts. They're delicious.

People trying to cycle and play disc golf at the same time. They do neither well and end up slowing the group down or getting in the way because they are in front.

The people that go out to the course early in the morning with no bag and walk up and down the creek with a stick/disc fishing device to snag everybodys disc after it rains or after a tourney etc.. My home course is Steeplechase in Kyle, Tx and i've seen three different people in the last two days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts