• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Pet Peeves -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Punks trashing the course.
Just leaving their garbage around the tables and ground when a trash can is just a few feet away.
Pulling out the tee signs.
Big groups of 10+ holding up EVERYONE.
Breaking glass bottles, etc.

I wish they'd just get a J-O-B like the rest of us.

My pet peeve?

Teepad (or anywhere else, really).

Someone goes up and pumps the disc once.

...then again. pump. pump. pump. Lines up.

...pump. pump. pump. pump. pump.

HOLY HELL, WOULD YOU JUST THROW THE DAMNED THING? The way you pump that disc is nothing like how you throw it, is it really necessary to make us all wait through your theatrics for every single shot?

I feel ya man. I played in a sanctioned tourney a while back and on the first card i was paired with one of these "dudes". He took ATLEAST 2 min on every throw. :wall: Every putt was preceeded by 50 pumps and realigns. Shank it on most too. Really chapps my @$$ but i was to polite that day to say anything. :\

Do you guys ever actually ask to play through? If someone comes up to me on the course and asks if they can play through, I'll let them. Its just common courtesy, you've gotta remember everyone else's time is more valuable than yours.

Likewise, anytime I've ever asked to play through a slow group, they've let me. Maybe its a southern thing?

What is a southern thing is the personal courtesy. Ive never had a problem with people being polite on the course. However, i am not counting kids. I have had numerous occurances with punk anus wangstas, :doh: snobby kids pretending to be "groovy disc golfers" :| (drinking beer and smokin dope off daddy's money) I have no problem with either on the course, yet descression goes a long way. Anyways, playing in the South has advantages. :thmbup:

people who constantly shout about nonsense and in reaction to every shot, no matter how unspectacular either good or bad the shot was. any kind of litterer, slow groups that never once check their back, people who can't wait an extra 8 seconds to throw and not almost hit your group, people playing music on their cell phones, piles of woodchips that are never spread and many of which obstruct baskets.

when most of those factors are not present- fantastic game, i love to play.

don't mention any illegal activities on the forum.

this has been a good bitch session though, and i want to thank you for the opportunity.

Broken glass or any trash on the course. (Just bring it to the trash can, almost every course has one at the teepad, and you brought it in) Drunkards (one or two during a round is completely fine, but don't make it a party) Music doesn't mind me on the course as long as I can't hear it when I throw. (I pause mine when I'm near other groups)

The worst of all is those days where you miss every putt, but that's my fault.

The other one that's really starting to get to me is the people that decide to have a picnic, or play catch with their son, right in the middle of a dedicated fairway. Most people have been nice enough to move, but some people get all pissed off. I've even pointed out the gigantic open field, not 400' from where they are, that's empty, but nope. They want to be right in the middle of the course.

I walked up to one guy who had laid out a blanket right in the middle of the fairway to hole #1, and explained to him that it was a dedicated disc golf course, and he said, "Go ahead and throw, they're just frisbees".

When someone says this to me, I show him the scar on my upper lip where it was split in half by a wayward TeeBird. (See the "dumb DG injury" threads elsewhere).

Really chaps my banana that the parks and rec. have no respect for the course. Last year two baskets literally fell to the ground. Many baskets are ghetto and single chained. The only maintenance they do is cutting the grass. When we get a lot of rain the cruddy bridges we have get flushed down stream and it's up to us to move them back. My buddy Hed is starting a league to raise funds for new baskets. The entry fee is steep and the prizes are small, at least for this summer anyhoo...

Why does it always seem like the people with the little radios always have horrible taste in music?

yeah im going to miss the course being a boron wasteland too. but at the same time I cant wait till we can show up some n00bs lol.

i agree the entry is very steep. kinda crazy. i think the crazy frolf punks in their other group wont participate because they get in for free? i hope it works though.

i agree the entry is very steep. kinda crazy. i think the crazy frolf punks in their other group wont participate because they get in for free? i hope it works though.

Naw, they're very unorganized and make random road trips. They don't even promote it, at least our league will be public knowledge. We've been playing there almost every day for the last two summers and just found out about this group not even a month ago.

yeah i suppose. ive only seen the one guy out there the whole time. they give us the whole line, oh lum is garbage, we throw everywhere else. yeah and they all call the game frisbee golf. horrible. we'll get this thing going. positively great for our community.

pet peeves can sometimes be irrational, right? ok, here goes: rollers and tomahawks when not in trouble.

pet peeves can sometimes be irrational, right? ok, here goes: rollers and tomahawks when not in trouble.

My longest drive (400') is a roller. However, all my rollers are accidental :eek:
I tried forehanding a Star Boss and flipped it into a roller. It landed about 200' out and rolled another 200', landed 25' left of the pin. I missed the putt, of course. :doh::wall:

when someone i am golfing with misses a putt, then as i go to putt mine, and they throw another and miss nearly hitting me. then they say excuse you, like i am the one who is in the wrong...

Im right with you with the rollers, discs are meant fly not roll in my opinion. Unless you have no other option or its an accident I think rolling should be outlawed.

Tomahawks on the other hand I'm all for, I think as long as the disc is up in the air its fair play.

Status
Not open for further replies.