• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Pet Peeves -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard on a Charlotte area course...

"Dont crowd the box!"

Not my pet peeve, but I get a kick put of it. He's out there, don't crwod his damn box! He knows who he is!!

My pet peeve is people telling me where my sweet sweet love can be made.

I don't mind you love'n on the course, as long as you're throwing discs while doing it!

People who take it upon themslves to modify the course. True story, we had some people come out onto our course and chop a bunch of trees down that they didn't like. Regulars on this course were furious with them and rightly so.

That's insane! The course designer of one of our local courses encourages us to take a pair of clippers to take down some of the briars around, NOT a chainsaw.

i take offense to this, i bring my dog on every round with me. never on leash, it's unneeded. you sir/mam, have a problem with poor pet ownership. my dog walks next to me. he might sniff a flower or two but that's it. don't rope everyone in with people that can't control their pets.

Your dog might be the exception. But I agree loose dogs are annoying. I don't want dogs coming up to me or my discs. And most dogs I see out on the course aren't as controlled as your dog might be.

That's insane! The course designer of one of our local courses encourages us to take a pair of clippers to take down some of the briars around, NOT a chainsaw.

Theres a difference between cleaning up the course and doing what these animals did. Yes they chainsawed down a bunch of trees, and just left them lying there! I think there's a bounty on their heads!

i hate when people complain about being "stuck" behind large groups. did you actually nut up and say "can i play through, guys?" or did you just stand behind them like a goon? are your legs broken? skip that hole and come back. sheesh.

i hate when there are beer cans thrown all over the place. it makes the course look bad. also im not a fan of people smoking cigars on the course. they really stink worse than cigarettes do.

Some of my Pet Peeves:

"My home course is better because..." Go and play your home course, in fact right now is a good time to start back...
Pulling up/down/out/destroying branches or plants because they're in the way. If you don't like your position, learn to throw better.
Loud music on the course. That's what earbuds are for.
Telling me repeatedly what a bad day you're having, when i know that you just stink up the course most of the time. (I'm actually bad for this, but I'm working on it.)
Or, complaining because you're not under par, when I'm 5 over.
Beer cans, bottles, pop bottles, wrappers, butts, etc.
Big groups, spraying throws, not lettin' me through. No, I don't usually ask, I'll just skip a few holes.
Talking while I'm throwing. It's my fault for not concentrating, but it's just rude.

Probably others, but most of these I just take without saying much. If you're not having fun, it's YOUR fault!

i hate when people with no knowledge/frame of reference, then insist that they're giving superior advice to people on here.

if i don't know an answer, i don't make something up to validate my ego.

example? i'm not going to quote who said it (don't want to start a slap fight) but in a discussion about GL Visions someone said "every gold line vision i've had flew identical or was more overstable than the new mold beasts."

i about punched my computer.

Some of my Pet Peeves:

"My home course is better because..." Go and play your home course, in fact right now is a good time to start back...
Pulling up/down/out/destroying branches or plants because they're in the way. If you don't like your position, learn to throw better.
Loud music on the course. That's what earbuds are for.
Telling me repeatedly what a bad day you're having, when i know that you just stink up the course most of the time. (I'm actually bad for this, but I'm working on it.)
Or, complaining because you're not under par, when I'm 5 over.
Beer cans, bottles, pop bottles, wrappers, butts, etc.
Big groups, spraying throws, not lettin' me through. No, I don't usually ask, I'll just skip a few holes.
Talking while I'm throwing. It's my fault for not concentrating, but it's just rude.

Probably others, but most of these I just take without saying much. If you're not having fun, it's YOUR fault!

WHY?! why not ask? you guys "hate" thinks that can be easily remedied by opening your mouth

Beer cans and bottles all over the course. I was playing at Pier Park yesterday and they were everywhere. Pick up your bottles and cans! You want the course pulled, you morons?!

People who call EVERYTHING and are watching every move you make praying you will foot fault, Jump putt from 29.5 feet, or drop your disc so they can say it is a practice throw or delaying the game while you are chasing it down an embankment.
I can play multiple rounds with out these people calling anything against me, but it sucks all of the fun out of the round knowing they are hovering over your shoulder.

When throwing last in a group and the peeps in front of you think that everyone has thrown already and start to walk off towards their shots. - I just go ahead and throw my shot anyway, over their heads about 20ft heigh and scare the sh*t out of them. Then they will remember to wait until everyone is done! - Til the next round...

When throwing last in a group and the peeps in front of you think that everyone has thrown already and start to walk off towards their shots. - I just go ahead and throw my shot anyway, over their heads about 20ft heigh and scare the sh*t out of them. Then they will remember to wait until everyone is done! - Til the next round...

but then you shoot high, the disc falls short and fades left and you wasted a shot. Just yell, "Oh chit, DUCK" then they look at you and you can flash your disc and make them feel like dumb@$$es

Heh, I found that it is best to wait for them to walk way up the fairway, and then have them realize they hadn't waited for everyone to throw. Then you can leisurely wait for them to walk all the way back again. Then you throw. Trust me, they'll tire of walking up and down the fairway, and will pay more attention to the order of throwing after having to do this several times. Plus it gives you the gift of extra time to prepare your own throw (this waiting time certainly can't be held against you).

Anyways, throwing a disc at somebody is not the best solution...if you think about it.

When throwing last in a group and the peeps in front of you think that everyone has thrown already and start to walk off towards their shots. - I just go ahead and throw my shot anyway, over their heads about 20ft high and scare the sh*t out of them. Then they will remember to wait until everyone is done! - Til the next round...

I hate that. I played in a group, and this guy insisted on walking to his shot after he threw, now matter how many people had to throw after him. Drove me nuts. I asked him not to, and he wouldn't listen.

i hate when people complain about being "stuck" behind large groups. did you actually nut up and say "can i play through, guys?" or did you just stand behind them like a goon? are your legs broken? skip that hole and come back. sheesh.

I ask if it is one group, I hate it when there are five groups stacked and no where to go to play around them. I only experienced this at golden gate park san fran. My local courses rarely are busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.