• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Pet Peeves -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that why your name has Grrr in it?
New pet peeve. more than 6 inches of SNOW.

Courses without clear indication of where the next tee pad is. Also, courses that don't deposit you back by where you parked after 9 holes.

But in response to the REAL thread, my biggest pet peeve on the course is people talking while I'm trying to concentrate on a shot. And people that don't yell "clear" once they hole out if they know you're behind them waiting to tee off on a blind tee shot. Pisses me off!!

Last edited by a moderator:
i think its annoying when people say that "frolf" is a game for potheads. when they say, " well the reason we call "disk golf" "frolf" is because its a game for people to go throw a disk then smoke some weed" its like the game is an excuse just to smoke, i would rather not go out and play to watch people goof off on the course walking around high so you cant play your serious game of dg with your friends. basicly some people think the game was invented for potheads.

Agreed. The whole DG/Weed relationship is vastly overstated. Pot smokers come from all walks of life...lawyers, college kids, mechanics, accountants, systems analysts, teachers, ex presidents...You name it. Big deal.

Litter on the course bugs me.

Last edited:
The people who leave their garbage on the bench within five feet of the garbage can. Just as bad are those who toss their garbage deep into the woods so it won't be seen. Or those who carry a full cooler of beverages onto the course then leave the empty containers everywhere throughout the course.
Yep, litter sucks.

Played AWEFUL yesterday. Tons of snow, and an off round (casual, btw) led me to stop keeping score, and try to save some fun in the day. My buddy asked my score, and I told him I didn't know, and would maybe track the back nine.

He took offense and told me he was going to keep track of my score for me. Really? Just let me enjoy my sh*tty round in any way I can. Worry about your own score.

Good news is, I just threw a couple discs off the next tee and played the second, better one. Made him unable to score and that was that.;)

my pet peeve= LEAGUERS as there known here in colorado. they look down on everyone else on the course that are not involved in there little clubs. not understanding that not everyone has to get all competitive about disc golf.

I guess I have more than a few since I manage the course at the State Park I work at.

In no particular order:

Beer bottles in the park grills and tree hollows.
People randomly switching basket placements.
Holding tournaments without at least a phone call...we do have a short procedure, but I don't charge any additional fees for DG events.
Guys who blaze up while I'm playing with them...that's just flat disrespectful.
Guys who treat my course like trash...I take alot of pride in it and if you treat your course like garbage...stay out of mine.:D
Random people who think they have more right to the course than the 120 tournament players who had been planning all summer for an event.

I'm sure there's more...but it's winter.:thmbup:

i don't like 'sandbaggers' at tourneys. It's not good for the sport when upper level players play down just so they can qualify for this tourney or that tourney. Play up and get better and it doesn't leave the lower AMs feeling beat down.
I love/hate playing with guys when they tell me about the 'best shot' they have ever thrown on each hole. it makes me laugh but i try to hide it.

Dog crap all over the place! Scores! mountains!

OMFG this is BAD at my home course. What makes it worse is that it's a dedicated disc golf course, and people take their dogs out there to play catch. There are signs all over the place that say "Please clean up after your dog" and they have the little thingies full of baggies, but there are still mounds of crap under the baskets.

I even go out of my way to thank the dog owners that I see picking up after their dogs.

I am not a fan of the fact that one of my favorite courses in town is next to a waste water treatment facility. They are expanding, and so is the odor. People are nasty.

Herd golfers. If you have more than 5 people split into 2 groups. Or if you can't figure that out have the decency to let people play through on every hole.

People playing grab ass after they've finished the hole. Really, you finished the hole now go away and let me play.

Long story short just lemme play my game. You may enjoy 2 hour plus rounds but I like to play more than one round in a day.

The other one that's really starting to get to me is the people that decide to have a picnic, or play catch with their son, right in the middle of a dedicated fairway. Most people have been nice enough to move, but some people get all pissed off. I've even pointed out the gigantic open field, not 400' from where they are, that's empty, but nope. They want to be right in the middle of the course.

I walked up to one guy who had laid out a blanket right in the middle of the fairway to hole #1, and explained to him that it was a dedicated disc golf course, and he said, "Go ahead and throw, they're just frisbees". When I showed him what they were, he still wouldn't move. We just skipped the hole, but come on people. Would you do that in the middle of the baseball diamond? really? I always keep my cool because I usually have my kids with me, but it's really starting to piss me off. It's the only course within 15 miles of my house, and it's only 9 holes, so having to scrub a few because people are ignorant is annoying as hell.

Herd golfers. If you have more than 5 people split into 2 groups. Or if you can't figure that out have the decency to let people play through on every hole.

People playing grab ass after they've finished the hole. Really, you finished the hole now go away and let me play.

Long story short just lemme play my game. You may enjoy 2 hour plus rounds but I like to play more than one round in a day.

I agree with this, but I'd add in anything more than three teams in doubles. Or three teams and a single. If he gets a partner, split the group.

People that keep discs they find with names and numbers on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.