• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Pet Peeves -

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it depends on if you had a chance of hitting them. If they were ridiculously off the fairway, and not in harms way at all, ever, then you were fine imo. If you had a .01% chance of hitting someone, you should've asked.

Nah, no way of hitting them. They were pretty much in the middle of the fairway, but under a huge tree down a hill about 30 yards out (there is a large drop off after the tee pad). The way I throw that hole sent my disc far out and around where they were at. They were all busy in the tree -- if I would have yelled, I doubt they would have heard me. The guy's problem wasn't with the fact that I could have hit them, rather that I should have "asked permission" to pass them.....after standing there for 5 minutes waiting for the group in front of me that they DID invite to play through. I figured the invitation extended to me as well, but I guess he just wanted to be a jerk. :rolleyes:

Garret

Disc Golf pet peeves

What are some of your pet peeves on the course? Putting routines get on my nerves (not that anyone would ever know), especially when they're (in my opinion) ridiculously long.

Edit: Also, erratic jump putts and runups bug me.

Last edited:
I agree with the putting routines thing. It's even funnier when they spend forever pumping on a 15 foot putt, and still miss it.

The other one has to be Mr. Excuses. The guy that has a reason (other than he sucks) for every crappy throw. That gets old really quick.

oh pshh .. whatever. I get sick of the repost police. It sucks because if you'd used the search function, and found the post, then you probably would have just avoided posting all together, rather than adding to it.

I think people get carried away with that on here.

People that walk by trash on the course. Half-a$$ work on course like cleaning up after cutting stuff down. "Nice shot" before it lands. Stoners on #1 or by it (hello this woods 320' away). NO Pig Jams now. Just a few

oh pshh .. whatever. I get sick of the repost police. It sucks because if you'd used the search function, and found the post, then you probably would have just avoided posting all together, rather than adding to it.

+1
Add on top of that you get beat on for bumpin an old thread, but I digress..

My biggest is temper tantrums. I don't mind gettin upset at a bad drive or a bad put and letting a coupla words fly, but when they go on and on it gets old. I get mad too and let loose a quick, loud word, but I do my best not to, and do try to contain my frustration. Im out there to have fun, and hopefully everybody else is too, so I don't want to be the guy that brings the group down.

I wasn't trying to get on his case or anything about it (I too get pretty tired this fascination with 'rubing everyone... especailly when it leads to something unrelated). He wouldn't start a thread if he wasn't curious what others had to say about it so I gave him 47 pages of it.

My biggest pet peeve on the course is intentionally broken limbs/obstacles... or the mention of it.

I wasn't trying to get on his case or anything about it (I too get pretty tired this fascination with 'rubing everyone... especailly when it leads to something unrelated). He wouldn't start a thread if he wasn't curious what others had to say about it so I gave him 47 pages of it.

Fair enough ...

and I agree with the previous poster about temper tantrums. I used to play with a guy that was prone to kicking his bag, and throwing his water bottle when he threw a bad drive. That kind of stuff drives me nuts ..

:thmbup::thmbup::thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

Couldnt have said it any better drick.

I am tired of all the stupid "You've been PreRubed!" bull$#!+. It's so childish.

Ohhhh you just Chain-addicted him...

Oh...wait...what?

I don't like people that boil their friggin' anger over on to me. Being an empath sucks a donkey when you are competing.

Definitely have a few, but the two that get me the most are groups with 6 or more people and people who putt multiple times after missing their initial putt.
Don't make me wait while you practice, buy a target for your house.

I hate the big groups that go slow in front of you on purpose. Also the two guys i play with the most do this stuff all the time one of them never shuts up and talks and talks and he will throw a good shot and be like see that was a awesome my nuke went so far. The other day i got pissed and called him a noob cause my leopard was only 2 feet behind his precious speed 13. The other kid has these temper tantrums where he yells and throws **** the whole way down the fairway he also is the guy that throws like 2 or three discs from one spot its annoying as ****. I guess the reason i play with these guys is it helps me learn self control and how to remain calm especially after a bad shot

Slow groups no matter the size. A group of two should not be passed by a group of five because they are too slow. If you're going to play, PLAY! If you want to chat, go to _________ and chat.

People who train their dogs to locate their disc after they throw it. Because then the dog also locates YOUR discs. And by "locate" I mean "bite and leave teeth holes and chew marks on your primary AND secondary putter, as well as your seasoned Aviar and brand new Zone."

Not to mention having to wipe dog slobber off the disc every time you pick up a throw. And for the record, I LOVE dogs. It's not the dog, it's the master.

Status
Not open for further replies.