• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Valley

Going nuts... usually when I find my focus at work waning I grab a quick multiplayer game for 5 min then refocus. Trying to preserve my current scores though for the rating update in a couple of days... well I've already taken 100 putts this morning.

(and yes I know about other game formats, I just prefer the multiplayer over the rest)

Has anyone played the Owls best much yet? It's pretty fun but I cannot seem to find the line on that last island hole. Keep slamming the wall on the right side no matter the line I try, Ballista or Recoil. Doesn't seem to matter.

Has anyone played the Owls best much yet? It's pretty fun but I cannot seem to find the line on that last island hole. Keep slamming the wall on the right side no matter the line I try, Ballista or Recoil. Doesn't seem to matter.

I haven't played it in a while. I got the three-star with a par on nine by throwing in from the drop zone. I can't find a consistent line there either

It was a light glide ballista on a steep hyzer from out wide right, backhand righty. Can't remember my exact aim point - I haven't played it in weeks.

Forehand Light/Glide Ballista (if less than 3 headwind). Flexes out left somewhat tight to tree tops, and dives onto the island, sometimes through the last tree. It's a bit luck-based, I'm probably only 50-60%. If 3 headwind, wide right hyzer.

It may be that the hyzer is best in all conditions, I just haven't been able to dial it. And the random understability of the Ballista makes this one, and several holes on the course, a nightmare tbh.

My first putt for the 3-star was a 38 footer. I missed it lol. Took about 50 more tries after that, including two drop zone misses.

Owlwood is finally making an appearance on daily tourney as of 7/14-7/15. That explains the lower scores lol. No -15 this time!
Very cool! Something to distract me from the fact that I can't play multiplayer until my disappointing upcoming ratings update. (narrowly missing 1000)

Very cool! Something to distract me from the fact that I can't play multiplayer until my disappointing upcoming ratings update. (narrowly missing 1000)

I just ran the numbers. I think I hit 1000 exactly. Guess I'll stop with the multiplayer rounds too! I had hit 999 twice.

I aced it with a light/skip Ballista. Just aimed the arrows down a tick and pretty much pulled straight back. Let it turn over, barely clip a leaf, and skip in. Of course the next time I tried it with a different wind I came up 30' short of the island. So who knows. Owlwood in general seems to be more wind sensitive and that makes it terribly inconsistent. Like Windswept but with trees.

I just ran the numbers. I think I hit 1000 exactly. Guess I'll stop with the multiplayer rounds too! I had hit 999 twice.
Finally decided to go ahead and input into the spreadsheet just now, out of sheer hope I'd made an error on pen/paper... It's telling me I'm at 999.10. So close, yet... so far.

I just woke up and grinded a little, got a -13 on today's Open. Now that Owlwood is in I'm down to running graphics on low. :(

Finally decided to go ahead and input into the spreadsheet just now, out of sheer hope I'd made an error on pen/paper... It's telling me I'm at 999.10. So close, yet... so far.

I just woke up and grinded a little, got a -13 on today's Open. Now that Owlwood is in I'm down to running graphics on low. :(

What are your next few rounds coming off?

What are your next few rounds coming off?
The last two to come off were 951 then 928 (which I replaced with 1052 and 944 pro tour rounds respectively)... the next 5 to come off are multiplayer rounds: 1073 1016 1000 1013 1000.

I wish it was the next 5 after THAT.... 918 1061 977 915 986.

I'll make a concerted effort to grind 25 strong rounds late in one of the next few cycles. I try for a rating every few cycles when I notice I've got a particularly strong set. But in general I just play a lot of multiplayer constantly. I'm hating these days off waiting on a rating. ESPECIALLY with Owlwood now in. This is exactly when I want to be playing lots of multiplayer - with the new layout hitting lol.

Maybe I should just grind 10 rounds off. Overall those 10 are hurting me. Mehhhh....

How have rounds with Owlwood sets been rated so far? What I'm afraid of is trying for 10 and the Owlwood rounds being rated low, and I definitely haven't grooved any eagle or ace runs on Owlwood at all, not to mention the par potential on the lightning bolt par 4 for me right now (that second shot is getting easier).

I've been slowing down my play on DGV lately. Life is busy, but also once I climbed the proverbial mountain and unlocked everything and got all of the main discs you need to be successful, there isn't much left to do other than grind on the player rating.

It would be really cool to see more events and more content to strive to beat..

I've been slowing down my play on DGV lately. Life is busy, but also once I climbed the proverbial mountain and unlocked everything and got all of the main discs you need to be successful, there isn't much left to do other than grind on the player rating.

It would be really cool to see more events and more content to strive to beat..
I agree - I mostly play to improve for performance on Thursday Night Throwdowns. I'm really enjoying that league. I'd love to see some more small events or leagues pop up. Brandon, the guy running it, has a great platform with his YouTube channel and does a great job with it.

I agree - I mostly play to improve for performance on Thursday Night Throwdowns. I'm really enjoying that league. I'd love to see some more small events or leagues pop up. Brandon, the guy running it, has a great platform with his YouTube channel and does a great job with it.

A club and league function would be really cool (like a "guild" in most games). Joining clubs, match play, realtime tournaments with real prizes, etc.. Possibilities are endless. Someone will do this eventually, only a matter of time.

The gameplay on DGV is the best (as far as I know..) but there could be a whole new layer added on top for leagues, events and clubs to echo the real disc golf.

Last edited: