• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Valley

What is the consensus putter? I use a Heavy/Sticky pure, I get way too many spit outs with the glide/accurate ones.

Does anyone know how the attributes play on chains? Does my heavy/sticky actually stick and stay on chains better or is that my wishful thinking?

What is the consensus putter? I use a Heavy/Sticky pure, I get way too many spit outs with the glide/accurate ones.

Does anyone know how the attributes play on chains? Does my heavy/sticky actually stick and stay on chains better or is that my wishful thinking?

If you're talking for the disc used for the putting mechanism, it's mostly a personal preference thing - similar to IRL. One thing though: the accurate modifier makes no difference in the game's putting mechanism, so lots of folks have heavy, sticky putters for their "putts"

Putters for throw-ins MUST have the accurate modifier. Acc/Glide Pure is a must bag (for a couple ace runs and 170-205' throw-ins), IMO, but you could totally live without it. Acc/Wind Fuse should be in everyone's bag for throw-ins

If you're talking for the disc used for the putting mechanism, it's mostly a personal preference thing - similar to IRL. One thing though: the accurate modifier makes no difference in the game's putting mechanism, so lots of folks have heavy, sticky putters for their "putts"

Putters for throw-ins MUST have the accurate modifier. Acc/Glide Pure is a must bag (for a couple ace runs and 170-205' throw-ins), IMO, but you could totally live without it. Acc/Wind Fuse should be in everyone's bag for throw-ins
I've switched to the Sticky/EG EMac Judge. It's like a sticky putter fuse for me.

Heavy Accurate Dagger all day.

So does sticky have any effect for sticking to chains on a throw in?

I don't think so. To be honest, I think all the discs are pretty sticky in the chains...

But I do bag the Acc/Sticky Pure as my main putter. I use it for throw-ins pretty effectively up to about 150', and I find myself being less effective with the Acc/Glide, partially because it goes farther so I feel the sticky gives me more power control. Also, the Acc/Glide Pure has a little too much overlap with the Acc/Wind Fuse. I do bag the Acc/Glide Pure in my second putter spot because it's there, but I don't use it very often.

I think it's fair to say there's a ton of player to player variability in terms of putter spots, including many top players who keep both putter spots empty.

I think it's fair to say there's a ton of player to player variability in terms of putter spots, including many top players who keep both putter spots empty.

My thought is "we have them, may as well use them"

I could certainly live without the two putter slots very easily

For the first time ever, the Glide/Skip Ballista Pro (aka "The Grail") is in the pro shop.

If you do not yet own this disc, do whatever you need to do to get 15000 coins in the next 24 hours and pick it up

Great, gonna have to learn all new lines now...

Seriously, thx for the heads up!

Thankfully not TOO different from the WB/BS I have been getting used to for 2-3 weeks.

Monday Mayham is live now! check it out. also the evnet code is MMW8COMPASS
I truly appreciate how convenient this is. But I also think we should, at the risk of being less convenient, provide the URL to the livestream and let people know what the timestamp is for the event code. Helps push people toward liking Brandon's video! And maybe viewing enough to get him a few more views.

Here's the link to the stream if anyone wants to go give him a like!

Latest posts