• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Disc of the Year (so far)

Bingo. Always looking for a stock disc to replace the old special ones.

Exactly. I throw all stock except a legend rival, but I like pinnacle more so I rarely use it.

And if the plastic changes over time so be it; ill adapt instead of being stuck looking for OOP plastic.

Exactly. I throw all stock except a legend rival, but I like pinnacle more so I rarely use it.

And if the plastic changes over time so be it; ill adapt instead of being stuck looking for OOP plastic.

Wise. And legend Rivals are only like $17 from Lion so I consider that stock enough ;) :thmbup: they're so $$$. Love them.

Perhaps a poll is in order? According to the PDGA approved date, the following discs were released in 2013. I removed all the discs no on throws (sorry, Ching, Gateway [drivers], Salient, UB, etc...maybe next year) for simplicity. Just to tweak you MVP fan boys, I was tempted to remove their discs from the list as well. :)

Note that the Tern is not included; it was approved December 2012. The Roc3 is not included in the PDGA approved discs list, by the way. Underworld and Tarsus were approved late 2012 and are not included either. However, Westside's "AIR" are approved separately, so technically they are part of 2013. Legacy did not release any new discs this year. All Prodigy discs were approved in 2013. A "D5" is approved, but I've never heard of or seen one. Discraft only released the Crank and the Ace Race disc is not included since it is not PDGA approved. Did I miss any?

DGA Breaker
Discmania MD3
Discmania P3
Discraft Crank
Dynamic Discs Renegade
Dynamic Discs Suspect
Dynamic Discs Truth
Dynamic Discs Verdict
Innova Atlas
Innova Nova
Innova Roc3
Latitude 64 Fury
Latitude 64 Mace
Latitude 64 Stiletto
Millenium Mortar
Millenium Omega Soft Big Bead
Millenium Tank
MVP Shock
MVP Tangent
MVP Tensor
Prodigy D1
Prodigy D2
Prodigy D3
Prodigy D4
Prodigy D5
Prodigy F1
Prodigy F2
Prodigy F3
Prodigy F7
Prodigy M1
Prodigy M2
Prodigy M3
Prodigy M4
Prodigy PA1
Prodigy PA2
Prodigy PA3
Vibram O-lace
Vibram Unlace
Giant VIP Air
Stag VIP Air
Sword VIP Air
Warship VIP Air

Last edited:
Trespass, Escape, Stag, Patriot, Rival, Ghost (unless new plastic counts?), were not released in 2013.

Shark3, Mako3, as with the Roc3, should be added, but is not on the PDGA approved list. Oh Innova...how you just get a pass with the PDGA.

These are only things that I've used. But the PRODIGY M2 (proto M3) has to be my fav contribution to my bag. I cannot even throw my Buzzzes anymore. They flip understable and have little glide in comparison. PRODIGY M4 and PA4 too

I got my brother into the sport a month ago and this was the first mid he bought (a proto m3 at the local shop). He loves the thing to death and I got to try it out, really amazing mid and love the plastics they use. I'd say it's my favorite release this year but I haven't got a chance to check out the Crank yet, which looks and sounds pretty awesome

I've thrown the Crank, Suspect, Stiletto, Roc3, most Prodigy discs, the Judge, Tern, unLace and I think a few others. I can't believe I'm going to say this but as of now, my choice would be the F7.

My new MVP Tensor has quickly become my go-to mid. Dead straight with a predictable late fade. It's also got the best feel in my hand of any of my mids. Love it!

Also really like my shock. Just enough beef for a predictable slow turn, and glides out of the hand like nobodies business.

My Lat 64 pain is decent, but the fury is an absolute dud.

I love the DD suspect, a bit meh on the truth.

Just started throwing some Prodigy, F1 and F3 are pretty sweet. The jury is still out on the M1 and M3.

Perhaps a poll is in order? According to the PDGA approved date, the following discs were released in 2013. I removed all the discs no on throws (sorry, Ching, Gateway [drivers], Salient, UB, etc...maybe next year) for simplicity. Just to tweak you MVP fan boys, I was tempted to remove their discs from the list as well. :)

Note that the Tern is not included; it was approved December 2012. The Roc3 is not included in the PDGA approved discs list, by the way. Underworld and Tarsus were approved late 2012 and are not included either. However, Westside's "AIR" are approved separately, so technically they are part of 2013. Legacy did not release any new discs this year. All Prodigy discs were approved in 2013. A "D5" is approved, but I've never heard of or seen one. Discraft only released the Crank and the Ace Race disc is not included since it is not PDGA approved. Did I miss any?

DGA Breaker
Discmania MD3
Discmania P3
Discraft Crank
Dynamic Discs Renegade
Dynamic Discs Suspect
Dynamic Discs Truth
Dynamic Discs Verdict
Innova Atlas
Innova Nova
Innova Roc3
Latitude 64 Fury
Latitude 64 Mace
Latitude 64 Stiletto
Millenium Mortar
Millenium Omega Soft Big Bead
Millenium Tank
MVP Shock
MVP Tangent
MVP Tensor
Prodigy D1
Prodigy D2
Prodigy D3
Prodigy D4
Prodigy D5
Prodigy F1
Prodigy F2
Prodigy F3
Prodigy F7
Prodigy M1
Prodigy M2
Prodigy M3
Prodigy M4
Prodigy PA1
Prodigy PA2
Prodigy PA3
Vibram O-lace
Vibram Unlace
Giant VIP Air
Stag VIP Air
Sword VIP Air
Warship VIP Air

Look again... Roc3 is on your own list.

Wait... did someone mention a D5 from Prodigy? Color me intrigued.

I just noticed that. It looks like a higher speed driver than the other Ds. Interesting. I wonder where it will fit on the stability spectrum?

Latest posts