• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc with a Story

jchoate7

Eagle Member
So I had this idea to write my name on a disc with no number but instead instructions for the next person who found the disc. They would state:

"To whomever finds this disc. Play a couple rounds with it and write one thing intresting that happened while playing disc golf with this disc in your bag. After a few rounds just so happen to "lose" this disc so the next person can share their story."

I was going to type it and tape it on the bottom of the disc in fine print. I think it would be cool to find the disc again someday or even just see a picture of it somewhere in these forums. I was going to use one of my older Innova DX discs that I never throw anyways.

That would be cool. Or even make a website, and have them write the story and submit it so the disc wouldn't be so cluttered with the instructions and the story. Hopefully that would get passed on, and not kept or traded in to PIAS or any other disc golf store.

you could just do that here. get said disc use it pass it to the next member say like 2 weeks per player they journal it and so on??!! the member would pass it through their area too??!!

the randomness would be fun, but who is to say the next person who finds it is like f that just found a new disc!!!

This reminds me of Where's George, the U.S. Currency Tracking Project. Cool concept that allows you to follow where a $1.00 bill you acquired has already been. I got one of those bills (red ink stamp that shows a logo and lists website address) just the other day and quickly passed it on. You are supposed to go enter its serial # into the website BEFORE spending it, but I did not. Next time, I'll go enter it in first!

Adding ink stamps to currency is illegal and I believe some banks and post offices "turn in" such bills. The $ bill project demonstrates how widely and rapidly our dollar bills get spread. Most bills usually will visit many states in their lifespan. It would be interesting to see what could be done with DG discs.

Here's a suggestion... It would be cool to have some special discs made just for tracking purposes!

In theory, you could have 50 discs (1 for each state) that are planned to remain ONLY in that state. We could develop disc rules plus possession instructions and have those printed on discs themselves.

How do you guys like this idea? You can only play *ONE* round with that disc (9 or 18 holes) before you MUST give it to somebody else! The same day you give it to somebody else, you MUST log into DGCR and report which course you played using it with other comments (who you got it from, how well it flew, a shot you made with it or who you gave it to) strictly optional. How does that sound?

It would be COOL to see how long these 50 discs remained in circulation within each respective state!

Last edited:
This reminds me of Where's George, the U.S. Currency Tracking Project. Cool concept that allows you to follow where a $1.00 bill you acquired has already been. I got one of those bills (red ink stamp that shows a logo and lists website address) just the other day and quickly passed it on. You are supposed to go enter its serial # into the website BEFORE spending it, but I did not. Next time, I'll go enter it in first!

Adding ink stamps to currency is illegal and I believe some banks and post offices "turn in" such bills. The $ bill project demonstrates how widely and rapidly our dollar bills get spread. Most bills usually will visit many states in their lifespan. It would be interesting to see what could be done with DG discs.

Here's a suggestion... It would be cool to have some special discs made just for tracking purposes!

In theory, you could have 50 discs (1 for each state) that are planned to remain ONLY in that state. We could develop disc rules plus possession instructions and have those printed on discs themselves.

How do you guys like this idea? You can only play *ONE* round with that disc (9 or 18 holes) before you MUST give it to somebody else! The same day you give it to somebody else, you MUST log into DGCR and report which course you played using it with other comments (who you got it from, how well it flew, a shot you made with it or who you gave it to) strictly optional. How does that sound?

It would be COOL to see how long these 50 discs remained in circulation within each respective state!

That sounds like a great idea. I would be down for that.

That sounds like a great idea. I would be down for that.

Except, that's a lot more work than most of the disc golfers I played with to do. Lol, also, a bunch of players I played with, don't use dgcr or want to. x_x It's a headache.

Almost exactly what I was thinking of when I first started the thread. I really think it would be pretty cool. Maybe DGCR **cough** could plant a couple discs with their website printed on it and a tracking number as well. It could very well help spread their website even more.

Almost exactly what I was thinking of when I first started the thread. I really think it would be pretty cool. Maybe DGCR **cough** could plant a couple discs with their website printed on it and a tracking number as well. It could very well help spread their website even more.

Make the 2013 (or 2014) travel tags useful, by using discs as a travel tag.

Well this was a pretty good idea I had to do but my dog got a hold of the very disc I was going to do this with. Damn near shredded the thing. Turned an 8/10 DX Shark into a 2/10 in ten minutes...

Cool idea! I actually just finished participating in The Brotherhood of The Traveling Disc.

"Dad" is a tribute disc that has been journeying the States for 2 years. We took "Dad" to Highbridge Hills for a snow round http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77223 , and to BRP also. My avatar is a pic my sons with "Dad" at BRP.

I know there are still several states that "Dad" needs to visit, so if you are interested in participating in the Brotherhood, or just want to read an interesting story about the Journey, it's all right here:

http://discgolfer.ning.com/forum/topics/the-brotherhood-of-the-traveling-disc

Great idea, you should make sure they drop it in a different course then where it was found so it can travel around postage free.

Well this was a pretty good idea I had to do but my dog got a hold of the very disc I was going to do this with. Damn near shredded the thing. Turned an 8/10 DX Shark into a 2/10 in ten minutes...

Sounds like the perfect disc to try it with, nobody will be compelled to keep it and it will get more circulation.

Latest posts