• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

"Discing Down"

Alright. Like the idea.

Anything that I should be specifically doing to help my form

Get a Comet and practice till you can throw it straight as an arrow. Take it easy, slow and smooth. Then practice increasing distance with it. Should be able to get it near 300ft pretty easy. After that, all your discs will fly different than they did before.

Last edited:
Get a Comet and practice till you can throw it straight as an arrow. Take it easy, slow and smooth. Then practice increasing distance with it. Should be able to get it near 300ft pretty easy. After that, all your discs will fly different than they did before.

Got it, thanks

I second the Comet post. An Aero is also a good disc to start with in a field. I have two Aeros and 2 Comets we'll take to the field and throw back and forth. Will highlight any form issues and force you to have decent form before moving on to faster discs. And entire round with a comet and aero, fun times.

Specific stuff

Alright. Like the idea.

Anything that I should be specifically doing to help my form

Read stickies in technique forum, watch Lizzote circus video and mcbeth and sexton clinic video on YouTube. Both talk about throwing putters and low speed mids. Advice similar to the others that responded. Personally I have been playing 1.5 years and have just recently followed that advice and am now throwing a putters only bag. I am finally seeing a big improvement in my own form. Side note get a fluid Judge, it is a great driving putter and will give you immediate feedback on form issues.

There is some good advice here that will help you develop your game. I think if you want some instant results go get a fast understable driver, lots of turn. I suggest a roadrunner, or a TD.

Latest posts