• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] discmania FD- jackal ...its coming

And with the S-lines, would you recommend either more dome? or less dome? or is that more personal preference?

I found that flat s lines are less hss and get squirrelly as they break in while the domier ones have more hss and lss and keep their stability longer and wear more gradually without the sharp change in stability.

I'm just trying Discmania out and started with the C-FD. I did find the HSS amazing. It probably fades a little more than I'd love, but it's not OS for me. Not -1, 1, more like 0, 2. I see you throw PD's as well. How do they compare?

Cheers.

oops, missed this post. well i guess late is better than never, especially since now I have a few more months of throwing FDs to let them sink in.

I throw the super stiff and flat 2nd runs, light green and 175g to be exact. Typical unrestricted distance ranging between 320 and 380, more than that is PD territory.
If i was being a real stickler, I'd give my new CFDs a 7|4.5|-.2|2.25 rating. Next to no high speed turn, just barely a hint of a rock-up early out of the hand, but they still fight to get back towards the left (RHBH). My new SPDs act more like a 9.5|5|.5|3. I should state for comparison's sake that I have a beaten in SFD that acts like a 7|7|-3|.5 and it is crazy long.
Thrown identically, the CFD only gets maybe 75 percent of the distance as my SPD. PDs want to fade more nose down/neutral but CFDs will go nose up, and SFDs behave nothing like the CFDs during their minimal fade.
Overall, I'd say that PDs are more of a power driver (go figure, right?) whereas FDs are speed-sensitive and like more finesse. This makes them a very, very good pairing.

Last edited:
Has anyone got a 3rd run C-FD? If so, could you tell where we can place an order? I could find it anywhere so far...

Ordered a pair of 165 FD Jackals, a flat C and a domey S. Squeezed in a few field tosses after work, and both discs performed as advertised. The domey SFD is straight and sneaky-long (closer to a River), and the flat CFD is beefy and considerably shorter. Looking forward to throwing the FDs on the course this weekend.

Are the domey CFDs closer to the SFDs, or are all the CFDs pretty beefy? In other words, does dome or plastic determine how the FD flies? I'm not sure that the flat CFD has a place in my bag, but I would love a slightly-more-stable version of the domey SFD in C plastic.

Are the domey CFDs closer to the SFDs, or are all the CFDs pretty beefy?

in my experience, the domey cFDs fly like new, domey sFDs. It's the flat cFDs that are more high speed stable and less glidey. I don't like how the flat sFDs fly at all, so I don't carry any of those.

in my experience, the domey cFDs fly like new, domey sFDs. It's the flat cFDs that are more high speed stable and less glidey. I don't like how the flat sFDs fly at all, so I don't carry any of those.

Victor - thank you! Sounds like I need to confirm dome when ordering FDs. I agree with you about the flat sFDs - not what I am looking for.

what's up with the flat SFDs? how do they fly compared to the domies?

More stable, less glide, shorter. Didn't do anything for me, but I have heard of some folks pairing a flat C-FD with a domey S-FD.

More stable, less glide, shorter. Didn't do anything for me, but I have heard of some folks pairing a flat C-FD with a domey S-FD.

that's my combination right now. one flat c-line, and two domey s-lines, one beaten in that has become a turnover king.

if the flatter s-lines are more stable, i might be in. just have to find em is all.

that's my combination right now. one flat c-line, and two domey s-lines, one beaten in that has become a turnover king.

if the flatter s-lines are more stable, i might be in. just have to find em is all.

Maybe that is the issue with my S-Line. I was throwing it this weekend and felt like I had to work really hard to get it to flip. It is almost as flat as my C, though. Hoping the S I have on order is of the domey variety.

My flat pink C line has become a staple in my bag. Its pretty overstable for an FD and thats why i like it. I can throw it hard, it has some turn but always comes back

Bump this thing up...Community discs is having a Discmania sale. Lowered prices and free shipping if anyone needs a back up S or C FD

Latest posts