• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft Nuke

I'm also throwing those blues. They are nice. I just need to get into mid season form.

The red and Whites were the most stable which was surprising since I expected the white to be flippy.

2-3 reds were Stable and 2-3 Reds were stable with the Blues being less HSS but possibly more D potential.

I'm just loving the 480ft hyzer thing! Heck I can hyzer it farther than I can flex out a Force.

Yeah, one of the old pros at the store is pretty much an Innova snob...and the Nuke is the first Discraft disc he's put in his bag since the Cyclone in the 90s. He admits that Discraft may have one-upped Innova this time with the Nuke.

I got a Nuke on a whim today at DGW, and am very impressed with it's flight. It stays straight for a while before fading. The comparisons to the Flash are on point as well. I'll probably be using it for my primary distance driver.

Timko said:
I got a Nuke on a whim today at DGW, and am very impressed with it's flight. It stays straight for a while before fading. The comparisons to the Flash are on point as well. I'll probably be using it for my primary distance driver.

Yeah, I'm really starting to like it as well.

I have thrown quite a few different ones that people have around our area. I have noticed that the Bright Yellow and the Red are the most stable that I have thrown. The Blue one that I own is stable but has a ton more glide for me.

Discspeed what weight and color are your HALO's?

YoungGunLefty said:
I have thrown quite a few different ones that people have around our area. I have noticed that the Bright Yellow and the Red are the most stable that I have thrown. The Blue one that I own is stable but has a ton more glide for me.

Discspeed what weight and color are your HALO's?

Mine are bright yellow 173+.

As a crusty old Pro is not easy for a disc to break into my bag but the Nuke may have done that today. I have thrown numerous versions of the protypes of the Nuke and never got used to the ultra-wide rim. I tested out a red First Run Nuke over the last week and was cautiously impressed. Although throwing in snow with shaky footing it seemed to glide really far and be more stable than the protos.

Simply far is not enough unless a disc is controllable. But on some holes additional distance is critical, turning a routine par into a birdie chance. I ran into just such a hole today. The big arm guys can get there and my best drives usually leave me 40' short. Yep, the Nuke parked it. I didn't throw it perfect either, just OK.

More testing is in store but that was promising.

Out of curiosity, are you throwing it FH or BH? People seem to be loving it for BH throws, but I haven't heard from anybody who has tried to flick them.

Unity said:
Out of curiosity, are you throwing it FH or BH? People seem to be loving it for BH throws, but I haven't heard from anybody who has tried to flick them.

If that question was directed to me, I am a forehander.

Mark Ellis said:
Unity said:

If that question was directed to me, I am a forehander.

Yeah, it was, sorry. That's how I guessed you were throwing it but figured I'd ask since it doesn't have the stability that the majority of people consider makes a disc good for forehands (which I never truly understood beyond it being easier to get away with strong arming it)

I let some people throw my Memorials and they loved them almost instantly after their first throw, they were generally strong arming, throwing Forehand. Which is how they throw nearly everything. Not really much farther than anything else they threw. But, they were happy with their throws with it.

I swear EVERYONE is throwthing this disc. Promoting players to throw something way too over their power is annoying. lol

The Nuke is the first disc that I can honestly say goes 400' easily for me. By easy I mean that A) I don't have to really manipulate the angle of release (like Katana) or B) I don't have to throw it very hard. I throw it about as hard as it takes to get my Buzzz 320' and it goes 400'. I've been able to get 400' on a couple different lines easy as well. I can throw it with a touch of hyzer and it holds it and sweeps for good distance, I can throw it flat and it goes forward, maybe turning slightly before fadind, and I can turn over slightly for a pretty tight S turn. I've tried to test the Nuke quite a bit before reporting on anything for sure, and I'm getting close to figuring it out. To this point, for my throw, it seems to be the most controllable warp speed driver. The Halo is controllabe as well, but the distance gap between the Halo and Nuke is the same as the distance gap between my PD and Halo. So in short, the Nuke is the longest disc I've thrown, but it is not squirrely like most max distance discs. It seems to have a greater range of speeds that it cruises at compared to the Boss/Nuke (the only other disc's in its flat distance class).

I played a snow round this past weekend and the Nuke was bombing. I had one shot that I needed a 350 ft hyzer to get around a bend and to be able to have a decent look at getting up to the basket. Grabbed my blue fr nuke and threw with some hyzer on it. The disc stood up a little seemed to just glide forever. For a snow shot, it was quite nice. I also experimented with some sidearm nukes as the snow was over a foot deep in some places. Seemed to work pretty good for hyzer flips. I will need to experiment some more though to get a good feel for it on the sidearm.

discspeed said:
The Nuke is the first disc that I can honestly say goes 400' easily for me. By easy I mean that A) I don't have to really manipulate the angle of release (like Katana) or B) I don't have to throw it very hard. I throw it about as hard as it takes to get my Buzzz 320' and it goes 400'. I've been able to get 400' on a couple different lines easy as well. I can throw it with a touch of hyzer and it holds it and sweeps for good distance, I can throw it flat and it goes forward, maybe turning slightly before fadind, and I can turn over slightly for a pretty tight S turn. I've tried to test the Nuke quite a bit before reporting on anything for sure, and I'm getting close to figuring it out. To this point, for my throw, it seems to be the most controllable warp speed driver. The Halo is controllabe as well, but the distance gap between the Halo and Nuke is the same as the distance gap between my PD and Halo. So in short, the Nuke is the longest disc I've thrown, but it is not squirrely like most max distance discs. It seems to have a greater range of speeds that it cruises at compared to the Boss/Nuke (the only other disc's in its flat distance class).

oh man, for once you have tempted me Mike, I really want to try the nuke for the distance slot. I ahve stuck with the stable Pro-wraiths, because nothing else that I have tried clearly outperformed it. (Destroyers, Halos, Surges)

rehder said:
discspeed said:

oh man, for once you have tempted me Mike, I really want to try the nuke for the distance slot. I ahve stuck with the stable Pro-wraiths, because nothing else that I have tried clearly outperformed it. (Destroyers, Halos, Surges)

I resisted trying the Nuke for a long time, and for some reason I resisted liking it, and now I've resisted admitting how much I like it. I can't help it now...I like it a lot. :lol:

Welcome to the club.

Its about time some others are seeing what I have been saying ever since the memorials were released. The Nuke is hands down the best Warp Speed Driver out right now.

Latest posts