• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft Nuke

They were red and blue 174g FR Nukes. They are nice for long hyzer-flips and shots where you have lots of space. When thrown on a hyzer-flip they would rise quite a lot up in the air and if thrown too low they will just crash and burn. I'll probably keep one or two in the bag for those 1/30 throws, but its not gonna revolutionize anything for me. Back to the wraiths for me.

We finally got in a bunch more heavy FR Nukes! In the interests of science I grabbed a teal, a blue, and two reds since they felt the nicest and are the most striking color. The blue and teals are in the 173s and the reds are 175-176. I took them out today to try alongside my 175 flesh. In the hand, all of these new ones are stiffer than my flesh one.

Anyway, long story short, they all fly pretty much the same. I find this somewhat strange as they are different weights, colors, and dome. None were as stable as a Force nor as flippy as a Katana. They all bomb. Every time I threw them all the one I got the best line with went the furthest, period. This was different each attempt. Although I could get them to flip a little powering them flat or with the slightest hyzer, I had my best results when I threw them about 85% with a touch of anny. This yielded a very tight S turn with minimal skip on the fade. They fly well on other lines well as the glide is incredible. I parked a 420' on a shot that flew straight for about 200' and then hyzered the rest of the way in.

The Nuke has now officially secured a spot in my bag as my primary distance driver for longitudinal testing. :D

I took all of my Nukes to the field tonight. Now that I've been throwing the Nuke for a few weeks, played several courses, in several wind conditions, and used several different colors of the disc I am ready to make a fair assessment.

The Nuke is a Pro Boss without the squirrel. It has the speed that is only matched by the Pro Boss, but it has better glide and this keeps it moving forward and prevents it from either turning to hard and fast or stalling out hyzer. I think that the Nuke is the most well balanced and controllable super distance driver yet to date. The only Innova discs that compare at all imo are made of pro plastic, and the ESP that the Nukes are made of have that stuff beat hands down in durability, and imo its just as grippy or grippier.

Although the Nuke is not horribly LSS, for my power it does not have much flip. It simply takes a flat throw and moves into a nose down, cruise position and holds that a long time before it comes back. This is exactly how an Orc or a good Flash flies for me, and those are the discs I first learned to throw far with. That being said, if I give it much hyzer, it does not flip up for me. It flies long and glides far...I wouldn't use it for a 300' hyzer, but for a straightish distance shot that needs to finish hard it has no problem. This characteristic also makes it, for my power level and style, pretty darn good in moderate wind since it takes it a while to flip up. I could see players who have a hard time adding hyzer to their release having a hard time with it in wind, but otherwise its pretty good. I do hope the Nuke X is released because it would be nice having a badass fast disc with good glide that liked to hyzer more, but I would only be using it as a situational disc.

The Nuke is king right now of the big boys. It is also definitely in my bag.

I agree with everything you said. I was throwing it on some monster low hyzers that would skip 100' straight and left today. I threw a couple of these at WyCo as well, and was happy with the result. I'll be picking up some more of these next week when I go down to DGW.

Been saying it since I got my hand on the Memorials. The Nuke is hands down the best ultra fast Distance driver. It literally BOMBS in hands that candle handle it.

I like my 1st runs a lot. Didn't really get the hang of the Memorials. Too flippy for my liking.

I picked up a regular production run Nuke a few days ago. It is white and has a flatter dome to it than my FR's. It is dead nuts straight out of the box. I would say this one is a 1.4 on the D'craft stability scale.

BLURR said:
I picked up a regular production run Nuke a few days ago. It is white and has a flatter dome to it than my FR's. It is dead nuts straight out of the box. I would say this one is a 1.4 on the D'craft stability scale.

I threw my friend's white one the other day in the field. I think the white ones are the lest stable of all the ones I've thrown so far.

I am actually rocking a White one as my Stable nuke.

2 of the 3 Whites I had were pretty stable.

Holy crap I threw a 174 blue first run Nuke and it was only a little less stable than a force and had just as much if not more fade. I didnt find it long compared to my bosses, katanas or wraiths. Maybe if this thing were mega beat...but out of the box mine is too stable for my liking...a lot more like a maxx or xcal than a boss.

disc junkie said:
Been saying it since I got my hand on the Memorials. The Nuke is hands down the best ultra fast Distance driver. It literally BOMBS in hands that candle handle it.

Yup, quite a few of us said that, lol. And, now that the FR's came out, I have to say those possibly one uped the Memorials, but the real production runs should hold par with the FR's without too many crappy ones due to colors and what not. At least I hope so. Definitely a fantastic Big D Driver either way.

Aaron_D said:
Holy crap I threw a 174 blue first run Nuke and it was only a little less stable than a force and had just as much if not more fade. I didnt find it long compared to my bosses, katanas or wraiths. Maybe if this thing were mega beat...but out of the box mine is too stable for my liking...a lot more like a maxx or xcal than a boss.

I want one like that! I wouldn't throw it much, but it would be nice to have a stable one for wind and hyzers. Yesterday I was throwing a hole that requires a straight flight for about 330' and then a hard fade/skip left for the last 30'. Their was a cross/headwind and my Nukes were flattening out too much. I haven't seen any real blue ones, only teal-blue.

That is how all 3 of my nukes started. I tuned 2 of them so now one is flippy, one just goes straight for days, and the one I didn't tune is a pig. They cover any max d shot I want to throw.

The 2nd run of Nukes is being made. I picked some up from the factory yesterday. Haven't thrown any yet.

discspeed said:
I want one like that! I wouldn't throw it much, but it would be nice to have a stable one for wind and hyzers. Yesterday I was throwing a hole that requires a straight flight for about 330' and then a hard fade/skip left for the last 30'. Their was a cross/headwind and my Nukes were flattening out too much. I haven't seen any real blue ones, only teal-blue.

I like reading the descriptions of holes you're throwing and figuring out which hole that is but you've got me stumped with this one.

It is hole 5 @ Cliff, which is now in the far left position. Speaking of which, I parked it today with my green Nuke. Evidently my green 173.5 Nuke is more stable than my red 176 Nuke.

discspeed said:
It is hole 5 @ Cliff, which is now in the far left position. Speaking of which, I parked it today with my green Nuke. Evidently my green 173.5 Nuke is more stable than my red 176 Nuke.

Ah, I had dismissed the entire front nine with the exception of hole 1 because I wasn't thinking of that position. I'm surprised you don't throw a PD on that though.

JimW said:
discspeed said:

Ah, I had dismissed the entire front nine with the exception of hole 1 because I wasn't thinking of that position. I'm surprised you don't throw a PD on that though.

I find its better to skip out to that peninsula rather than fly out there, so I throw the Nuke low and hyzer straight in front of me and it skips all the way to the basket. I used to do the same thing with the Boss. The PD is a lot straighter so I have to take a line closer to the water. It also skips much less at that distance.

Latest posts