• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft Nuke

MDR_3000 said:
I got to throw the Nuke...I thought it sucked for a golf disc. It was very understable at high speeds and fairly overstable at low speeds. It went pretty far when given a lot of height to work, but thrown on a line drive via hyzer flip, it usually just turned over and kept going right. I didn't try it as a roller, but I would think it would be nice in that capacity.
im guessing this means it will be great for the vast majority of us (380/400 or so of power)

Jesse B 707 said:
MDR_3000 said:
I got to throw the Nuke...I thought it sucked for a golf disc. It was very understable at high speeds and fairly overstable at low speeds. It went pretty far when given a lot of height to work, but thrown on a line drive via hyzer flip, it usually just turned over and kept going right. I didn't try it as a roller, but I would think it would be nice in that capacity.
im guessing this means it will be great for the vast majority of us (380/400 or so of power)
The vast majority of us have 380/400 power?

Yehosha said:
Jesse B 707 said:
MDR_3000 said:
The vast majority of us have 380/400 power?

Heh, the vast majority of people at the courses I play think they have 380/400 or so of power, but in reality they are around 250, and I out-throw almost all of them (except maybe 5%).

I think Jesse means the vast majority on this board. Most disc golfers don't have that power, but if someone has been a DGR member for a year I would say they have at least 350 power, barring a few exceptions.

MDR_3000 said:

Can you compare the HSS and LSS to a Boss thrown on the same line?

Jesse B 707 said:
MDR_3000 said:

I seem to recall that MDR said he could bomb the Inferno, when everyone else said it was too flippy to be useful. If its too squirelly for him, it may not be any good to the weaker throwers either.

Furthur said:
MDR_3000 said:

Can you compare the HSS and LSS to a Boss thrown on the same line?

It flew a lot like the first run champ Bosses. But who knows how the production run is going to come out.

Craig said:
Jesse B 707 said:
MDR_3000 said:

I seem to recall that MDR said he could bomb the Inferno, when everyone else said it was too flippy to be useful. If its too squirelly for him, it may not be any good to the weaker throwers either.

I can bomb the Inferno...just not on the course. That's why I said it sucked as a golf disc, and not it just sucked all around. I think it would be a good bomber disc, but nothing useful on the course...at least for me.

Aaron_D said:
probably about the same. I always thought the boss was pretty much the flippiest of the highspeed drivers, but is also the fastest, so it is speed stable for most. The boss reminds me of a fast Orc while the force reminds me of a fast starfire.

lol @ rim configuration as a concept.

groove is by far flippier depending on the plastic of the boss in question

Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck. Each one could be flippier or more stable than any other driver out there. There is also no way to know since each throw with them is also unreproducible because of the nose angle sensitivity of said suck snowflake.

Frank Delicious said:
Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.

So true. What a P.O.S. If that disc was any good Innova wouldn't be releasing the Katana right now.

how about an update. They all ready have the katana fundraisers out for the pro worlds. weren't these supposed to be a fundraiser for the memorial.

Nothing real solid, but discraft made a facebook post about the nuke last week. Something along the lines of "the nuke will be blowing up the shelves soon"

ESP NUKE Memorial Championship Fundraiser disc are ready to ship out to Retailers Dec 15th.
Only 1000 produced. Full production run should be released at the Memorial Championship March 3-6 2010 in sunny Arizona.
Also, look for production run D Focus and X Soft Focus now in stores.

Latest posts