• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft Nuke

Maybe for you Frank. I like them. Great forehand disc.
Now, back to your regularly scheduled Nuke discussion.
I am looking foward to getting mine, wish I wasn't headed out of town for the weekend. Alas, they will wait patiently for me to return.....

Sounds exactly like my Champ Katanas. Since I already paid too much for them, I'm not paying too much for an equivalent disc.

J-Man said:
Good review, thanks. Sounds like I'll do the same thing as with the Force, wait for a run in Z. Or better yet Sparkle Z. And I'll look forward to throwing one.
'J'

You might have to wait a really long time.These are at the moment too large for Z until Discraft can figure something out like they did for the Drone.

scoot_er said:
J-Man said:
Good review, thanks. Sounds like I'll do the same thing as with the Force, wait for a run in Z. Or better yet Sparkle Z. And I'll look forward to throwing one.
'J'

You might have to wait a really long time.These are at the moment too large for Z until Discraft can figure something out like they did for the Drone.

Like what? Marking them max weight when they are really 3-5g overweight?

discspeed said:
Sounds exactly like my Champ Katanas.

The Katanas i've thrown we're wayyy flipper than the Snuke. If i put 70% power on a Katana released from a slight hyzer its going to flip bad. I'd almost bet the Snuke would barely flip up. Maybe I threw a freak Katana? It was mad flippy.

Sounds promising. less than a Boss, more than a Katana. The middle ground is where I'm wanting to be. Just hoping the Katana isn't where I need to be. I got one on the way, guess if it's not something I like, it'll be traded here. Might end up trading one for a Katana!! :lol:

-Edit-
Mine should be here next Tuesday, or Wed.... And, yeah it's too bad I'm going out of town FOR TWO WEEKS! My Nuke is going to be sitting here all sad, wanting to fly.... Will be cold in Jan when I get back, but it won't stop me from bearing the cold to throw this thing.

Robin Hood said:
discspeed said:

The Katanas i've thrown we're wayyy flipper than the Snuke. If i put 70% power on a Katana released from a slight hyzer its going to flip bad. I'd almost bet the Snuke would barely flip up. Maybe I threw a freak Katana? It was mad flippy.

My Katanas are heavy and domey. They have a little high speed turn, but certainly aren't flippy. If I put a touch of hyzer on the release they don't flip at all. I think a lot of them are flippy. From what I've heard all the pros, flat champs, flat stars, and probably the lighter weight ones are all flippy.

Robin Hood said:
discspeed said:

What katana are you throwing? Is it pro? The heavy champs shouldn't be "mad flippy" at all. I would give them about a true -1 turn, and thats far from being a flip dog.

worthdan said:
smarkquart said:
discspeed said:
scoot_er said:
SkaBob said:
Where would you put them, stability-wise scoot_er?

Faster Surge SS?

How do they compare distance-wise with the Force?

Let you now in a few days but supposedly they go real far but are a little flippy and not good for headwinds.

Sounds Katanaish. Anyway, Discraft is pissing away a REALLY GOOD marketing opportunity imo by not flooding stores with these before Xmas and preempting Innova's stock release of the Katana. I personally would love to see them pull a punch like that. Instead, they're following Innova's lead and making them a fundraiser for the holidays.

Would it not be the smart thing to do to release it in limited quantities and see if it is any good? Usually only those who know anything about the sport, know anything about discs, are they not the ones to go out of their way and get tournament discs? I think it would be better to dangle the carrot a little more, wait until these tournament discs are a little dinged up and people begin clamoring for back-ups and regular runs that they do not care to damage. I am not sure I want to go through another wave of Groove like discs again. I remember how excited we were about those and how many were sold when they went into production. I thought Discraft was wise to hold back their version of the Groove and not flood the market with theirs as well.
every new player wants the latest and greatest, the newest and fastest. and most experienced players want to at least try them. flooding the market sounds like it may have been a great opportunity. who all has tried the boss or force and how many noobs have you seen throwing them?

I think it is good to hold back on regular production. If the Nuke is a great disc then they want the hype to build up, instead of flooding the market with a shitty disc (ala the Groove). Also, and I'm only speculating, but maybe Discraft is realizing there is a backlash to these super fast drivers, and by releasing the limited quantity they can get the feedback necessary to either continue with the current mold, or tweak it for the regular production to get what the customers want.

I look forward to trying this disc, though it probably won't be until the production run. I don't want to pay extra and as JD points out above, they may treak them a little one way or the other.

Does anyone else think this name is really a dumb idea? Since when is a nuke a good thing? Arguably perhaps if you were in a POW camp in Japan or a concentration camp in Europe during WWII, but besides that I think its a little iffy. Stalker was a bit iffy, but the idea of a big cat like the graphics on the World's Stalkers make it work. A nuke is a horrible thing all the way around imo. What's next, the Apocalypse?

I don't think the name should be taken too seriously...there are many disc names that are "bad" things. Destroyer, Wraith, Banshee, Tsunami, Demon, Predator, Monster, Cyclone, Venom...just to name a few.

discspeed said:
I look forward to trying this disc, though it probably won't be until the production run. I don't want to pay extra and as JD points out above, they may treak them a little one way or the other.

Does anyone else think this name is really a dumb idea? Since when is a nuke a good thing? Arguably perhaps if you were in a POW camp in Japan or a concentration camp in Europe during WWII, but besides that I think its a little iffy. Stalker was a bit iffy, but the idea of a big cat like the graphics on the World's Stalkers make it work. A nuke is a horrible thing all the way around imo. What's next, the Apocalypse?

I think comparing a long disc to a bomb makes sense. I think you're over analyzing it.

Just got my Nuke in from GGGT. 172g yellow, nice dome but not super poppy. I can't wait to try this thing out! I'm tempted to brave the current snow flurries and go down the street for a few test throws. If not, I'll test it tomorrow at the long wide open hole at my local course against my Forces. I haven't been this excited for a while :D (I rarely buy new plastic unlike you animals..)

Latest posts