• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Punisher

One more thing, I don't know what Cranks you guys are throwing but this disc feels nothing like a Crank in the hand. My little sausage fingers could grip this disc perfectly while I can't get a good grip on a Crank.

dga's hurricane is literally the disc for you. The top or bottom is from the force and the other is a less stable disc. SP hurricanes are more stable, I threw a Pro Line the other day. Pretty easy distance.

Been a couple of years, but I have tried multiple Hurricanes. The SP ones were very similar to Forces, but left me feeling like they were slower, for some reason. So I purchased a lighter ProLine one. It was domey, and very overstable (as seems to happen, occasionally). That disc holds the distinction of being the longest shot I have ever seen thrown off the cliff/clubhouse at Mountain Lake........
Still waiting on a Force dimensioned disc (rim depth/width being key here) that can be hyzer flipped. Not that I really need it, with the Crank and Thrasher available, but I do like the feel of the Force better.

Mud

Been a couple of years, but I have tried multiple Hurricanes. The SP ones were very similar to Forces, but left me feeling like they were slower, for some reason. So I purchased a lighter ProLine one. It was domey, and very overstable (as seems to happen, occasionally). That disc holds the distinction of being the longest shot I have ever seen thrown off the cliff/clubhouse at Mountain Lake........
Still waiting on a Force dimensioned disc (rim depth/width being key here) that can be hyzer flipped. Not that I really need it, with the Crank and Thrasher available, but I do like the feel of the Force better.

Mud

Same. I've only had one, but it was not what some here describe.

Mud,
have you tried the x plastic forces. the recent x plastic i have picked up seems more durable then the past.

Would love to see a x punisher.

Mud

This is true for me. Started throwing Esp Forces. Then wanted easier distance and turn and went with Pro line hurricanes. They flew shorter but a tad more turn but not much. Then latched onto the Crank and havent looked back. Although i dont like throwing big hyzers with the Crank. Doesnt feel comfortable for that.
So i got a Z Punisher for those type of shots. It def feels like a thinner profile/rim. Not a fan of how flat they came out. If they ever make stock Esp with a moderate dome i think that will work perfect. If not, i will just go back to a force.

Mud,
have you tried the x plastic forces. the recent x plastic i have picked up seems more durable then the past.

Would love to see a x punisher.

Longest throw ever was an X Nuke. Bought a stack of X forces with great expectations, but they weren't what I expected, and I haven't done anything with them in several years. I have had a couple of Forces long enough to get them flippy, but it takes several years of play to do so. End Threadjack.

I took the Punisher out of my bag, but only because I wouldn't let myself make good decisions with it. When I utilized it as a fairway/control driver, it excelled. When I tried to use it as a max distance driver, it almost universally let me down. The mold has tremendous potential, and should be the bees knees for many throwers, IMO. I will wait eagerly for an X or ESP version (need dome). Punisher speed, with some glide? Now that would be something.

'boots

Got a Ti in today, and it flies slightly more understable than the standard Z. Plastic is great and it flies with a little more glide and slightly more turn than my Z Punishers. Will beat in nicely to become my tailwind driver. If these are made into a production run, I will be buying a few for sure.

Got a couple of ESP Puns last week. Very attractive swirly ESP. I was hoping for more dome than the Z molded up with, and I think these fit the bill. Both of mine, at max weight, are at least as LSS as the Zs, and a half point to full point more HSS. I look forward to them seasoning in a bit. I am expecting them to be real gems for distance once they mellow a bit. Bear in mind that I use the Punisher more as a fairway driver for long woods/tunnel shots, or gradual open hyzers than as a pure distance disc, so YMMV.

Infinite had Glo Z Punishers last week. I bought two, and preliminary results are very promising. I have always liked the feel of the mold, but have found Z Punishers to be a trifle high speed understable, specifically when thrown into the wind. I think that these will handle that better. More testing required, but I liked them enough to try a Glo Z, FRZ, BigZ combo in the tourney bag.

Infinite had Glo Z Punishers last week. I bought two, and preliminary results are very promising. I have always liked the feel of the mold, but have found Z Punishers to be a trifle high speed understable, specifically when thrown into the wind. I think that these will handle that better. More testing required, but I liked them enough to try a Glo Z, FRZ, BigZ combo in the tourney bag.

How far do you throw? I have a Big Z that refuses to turn in a headwind at 400' power. I'm hoping they release some X Punishers and keep them in regular production. That might get me away from Destroyers.

Golf D, 450 or so. My Big Z is the flippiest Punisher I have, but I really dig the plastic. I would guess you got a freak? Glos held up well in a little wind today.

Golf D, 450 or so. My Big Z is the flippiest Punisher I have, but I really dig the plastic. I would guess you got a freak? Glos held up well in a little wind today.

I think you must be the one with a freak. All my punishers, have almost 0 turn and a healthy fade. I have a out 6, all regular Z and they are very reliable and predictable.

Weird. The GloZ is Force overstable, but faster. 0 turn. The ESP is maybe .5 turn. The Z is 1-1.5, and the BigZ is a solid 2, in my experience. Even if my numbers are off relative to yours, I see a large (and useful) variance in stabilities, across the available plastics.

Latest posts