• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discrafts misprint deal is awesome

Got my set in on Thursday:
3826365404_8e7b83f59f_b.jpg

Can't identify the bottom row of discs -- 2006 and 2007 Ace Race discs(the yellow one has a "crosshatching" on the rim of the disc), and the clear disc has a stamp from the 2004 PDGA World Championships in Des Moines, Iowa. The stamp is great, and this may be a collectible, but it's the only clear disc I got in the package, so it's getting a bath in acetone with the rest of the them for dyeing prep.
3825567615_c5e1e8d84b.jpg
3825566709_d14374859d.jpg

Most of them seem in good shape -- the 150 Talon has what looks to be chips of corrugated cardboard actually IN the plastic, but all look pretty good and dyeable.

THANKS AGAIN BILLNCHRISTY!!!!!

that looks like a pretty good set of discs.. . im so ready for mine to come in the mail already. i have been playing with discraft in my bag for a little over a week now and just exited to continue the adventure of new discs.

You're going to wash the stamp off that clear one, Bennet? It's so nice though!
I like that grey flick too that's pretty cool looking.
I believe the yellow ace race disc is an impact.

You're going to wash the stamp off that clear one, Bennet? It's so nice though!
I like that grey flick too that's pretty cool looking.
I believe the yellow ace race disc is an impact.

I was thinking the same thing about the clear disc. It's a great looking stamp.

The 07 Ace Race disc is an Impact. What a great disc, too. I haven't really found a place for it in my bag yet as it's kind of between my Buzzz and TeeBird in terms of usage.

The 06 is a Meteor.

I was thinking the same thing about the clear disc. It's a great looking stamp.

The 07 Ace Race disc is an Impact. What a great disc, too. I haven't really found a place for it in my bag yet as it's kind of between my Buzzz and TeeBird in terms of usage.

The 06 is a Meteor.

OK, maybe I won't dye the clear disc -- it really is a sweet stamp, just the only clear disc I got out of the deal, which I really bought to improve my dyeing prowess anyway.

Thanks for the info on the Ace Race discs, knowing those discs it now looks like I got a very diverse set.

PLEASE NOTE: If anyone sees a disc in that set that they really want, I am not partial to any of them -- like I said, this set was really just to experiment with dyeing -- so just p.m. me if any of this set of 10 are of your liking. Hell, I'll dye it for you too. :D

man im pissed i got an awful pack, after reading all these i got so excited to get mine, here she goes
3 z flicks
z predator
2 ace race discs
2 exact same esp 174 white trackers
a surge flx
an esp surge
and a what looks like an esp.. crush.
the only one that made it into my bag was the crush, nice disc nothin to spectacular.

now that i count this wack pack up, i believe i got 11 discs! wtf did i really.

thats crazy i swear all those discs came in my pack... they musta meant to only put one tracker in there. i guess they sorta made up for the lame discs they put in there

I wouldn't call that pack sucky at all. You got 11 discs. Yeah, you got some repeats, but that's no different than getting a disc you've already thrown. You might even really like that flick and want to keep backups.

man im pissed i got an awful pack, after reading all these i got so excited to get mine, here she goes
3 z flicks
z predator
2 ace race discs
2 exact same esp 174 white trackers
a surge flx
an esp surge
and a what looks like an esp.. crush.
the only one that made it into my bag was the crush, nice disc nothin to spectacular.

now that i count this wack pack up, i believe i got 11 discs! wtf did i really.

thats crazy i swear all those discs came in my pack... they musta meant to only put one tracker in there. i guess they sorta made up for the lame discs they put in there

What weights are the two Surges? I'd be willing to trade if they're what I throw.

i know ive come to like it, it wasnt what i wanted at first but it turned around, i sold that clear flick that everyone likes for 8 bucks, traded my surge flx 167 (not my weight) for an esp surge 173 with a sweet dye, gave a kid a tracker because he found my long lost green buzzz flx, and i still got some discs left to wheel n deal

I'd like to try out some Discraft stuff and this misprint deal seems like a good way to do it. I'm mostly interested in trying their various midranges...would the pro-d/elite x package be better than the elite-z/esp one for that type of disc?

I'd like to try out some Discraft stuff and this misprint deal seems like a good way to do it. I'm mostly interested in trying their various midranges...would the pro-d/elite x package be better than the elite-z/esp one for that type of disc?

The D/X pack would be more putters and mids. Usually people get a Buzzz or Drone from the Z/ESP pack, with an ocassional Banger and Challenger. Not to say that's all that people get, just the majority.

I've done 1 d/x pack, and 2 esp/z packs. In my d/x pack I got 5 putters, 3 drivers and 2 mids (2 pro-d stratuses of the same weight). With my last esp/z pack I got like 5 mids, and 5 drivers. But my first esp/z pack I got 7 drivers, 1 mid and 2 putters. So it's hard to say. You are not guaranteed mids with either package. But you can get quite a few with either. It depends which mids you are more interested in trying. Personally I feel the esp/z pack is a better deal, and probably wouldn't buy the d/x pack again.

The D/X pack would be more putters and mids. Usually people get a Buzzz or Drone from the Z/ESP pack, with an ocassional Banger and Challenger. Not to say that's all that people get, just the majority.

Hmm, I'll think on it. I may just end up getting the 4-6 specific discs I'm interested in...which are Meteor (ESP only I think, unfortunately), Comet, Cyclone, and maybe Wasp. I really like the Z Buzzz I picked up recently.

Hmm, I'll think on it. I may just end up getting the 4-6 specific discs I'm interested in...which are Meteor (ESP only I think, unfortunately), Comet, Cyclone, and maybe Wasp. I really like the Z Buzzz I picked up recently.

ESP is nothing to be disappointed about. Great plastic.

I've thrown the Comet, Cyclone and Buzzz. The Cyclone is really more of a driver but a fairway driver. The Comet (from what I've seen) is a great disc but is very unforgiving - too unforgiving for me. I'm really interested in the Wasp as well since the Drone is more overstable than I expected. I'm hoping it will be a nice compromise between that and my Buzzz.

I would also recommend the Stratus and Impact. Both straight as an arrow and a little longer than the Buzzz but shorter than the Cyclone. Just my unsolicited .02! :)

ESP is nothing to be disappointed about. Great plastic.

I've thrown the Comet, Cyclone and Buzzz. The Cyclone is really more of a driver but a fairway driver. The Comet (from what I've seen) is a great disc but is very unforgiving - too unforgiving for me. I'm really interested in the Wasp as well since the Drone is more overstable than I expected. I'm hoping it will be a nice compromise between that and my Buzzz.

I would also recommend the Stratus and Impact. Both straight as an arrow and a little longer than the Buzzz but shorter than the Cyclone. Just my unsolicited .02! :)

I just meant unfortunately because I couldn't get a chance at one in the cheaper pack. LOL. Thanks for the thoughts on the discs. I've been told that I should pick up some DX Gazelles, and the Cyclone is supposedly Gazellelike, but Discraft. That's why I wanted to try that particular one.

I'm really interested in the Wasp as well since the Drone is more overstable than I expected. I'm hoping it will be a nice compromise between that and my Buzzz.

I LOVE the Wasp. It's my favorite disc in the bag. Very predictable. I only throw the Buzzz when I absolutely have to go straight, or for anhyzers. Plus...when you beat them in a lot ..they pretty much turn into a Buzzz, heh.

Latest posts