• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

discs and courses in Jasper, In. area??

wildcat5415

hey friends, i may be in the Jasper, In. area this weekend. heard about a couple courses in the area i may check out if i have time. one is Patoka lake rec. area, other is Old English (where is this one located?). what can anyone tell me about these courses?? and is there anything i should know before hitting them this weekend?? and where is a good place in the area to find discs?? i read the reviews on patoka lake course and know about the unforgiving rough there and its ability to eat discs. anyone played these recently? any other courses i should check out in the area?? thanks a lot.

Old English isn't around anymore. Patoka can be a little rough, but this time of year it shouldn't be fully grown in and it's a lot of fun. A ways east of there are the Louisville area courses, Buffalo Trace, Fun Farm and Seviren Lang aren't bad to get to from where you'll be and all are fun courses.

Old English isn't around anymore. Patoka can be a little rough, but this time of year it shouldn't be fully grown in and it's a lot of fun. A ways east of there are the Louisville area courses, Buffalo Trace, Fun Farm and Seviren Lang aren't bad to get to from where you'll be and all are fun courses.

thanks a lot for the info. we may try to play patoka friday afternoon and/or saturday, if our plans dont fall thru. any place in the jasper area to buy discs??

Not that I know of, it's been a while since I've been down that way. I thought they used to have a saturday league down there, if so there might be a guy who sells plastic out there (there was the one saturday I played IIRC).

Patoka is one of my favorite courses. I'd say it's in my top 5. Hole 7 is such an awesome hole.

About 45 minutes south of Jasper is Owensboro, KY. Yellow Creek is a fun, shorter course with a lake and elevation.
About an hour southwest of Jasper is Evansville. Mesker Park is a tremendous course with a fun factor that is sky high. Lots of elevation, mature trees and a few ace runs! Just to the south of Evansville is Atkinson Park in Henderson, KY. Longer open holes combined with some really fun wooded holes. The mounds on holes 10 & 11 provide a very challenging putting experience.

I highly recommend Patoka & Mesker.

Patoka is one of my favorite courses. I'd say it's in my top 5. Hole 7 is such an awesome hole.

About 45 minutes south of Jasper is Owensboro, KY. Yellow Creek is a fun, shorter course with a lake and elevation.
About an hour southwest of Jasper is Evansville. Mesker Park is a tremendous course with a fun factor that is sky high. Lots of elevation, mature trees and a few ace runs! Just to the south of Evansville is Atkinson Park in Henderson, KY. Longer open holes combined with some really fun wooded holes. The mounds on holes 10 & 11 provide a very challenging putting experience.

I highly recommend Patoka & Mesker.

thanks a lot for that info my friend. we will certainly try to check one or two of those courses out. probably play patoka for sure either friday afternoon or saturday. thanks again

thanks so much for all the info and advise. we played patoka lake course friday afternoon and thoroughly enjoyed it. course was just like you described, some narrow fairways and very rough rough. somehow we didnt lose any discs, we used the "spotter" technique that was advised and that worked like a charm. didnt see any tics, but we did spray ourselves down pretty good first. we drove down to owensboro, ky. on saturday and played the yellow creek course. also enjoyed that course very much, daughter did get a tick on her there though. both courses were loads of fun and weather was outstanding. thanks again for the advise and info my friends.