• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discs to Soldiers Overseas

I was not aware of the "hardship" situation. I was just trying to do something nice for them.

I assume that with this logic, we shouldn't need to send food to anyone here in america considering there are Kroger's near by? I am only trying to show support. Nothing else.

Not if Kroger's is providing food for free- like the military does with rec services on Yongsan.

Sorry bro. If you're not for the idea, you don't have to donate. But sitting here arguing about whether or not it make's sense isn't really helping much.

I will take what I can get donated and send it to them the same way I would do any local groups around here.

Sorry bro. If you're not for the idea, you don't have to donate. But sitting here arguing about whether or not it make's sense isn't really helping much.

I will take what I can get donated and send it to them the same way I would do any local groups around here.

Sorry, frustrating morning gave my posts the wrong tone. It's great that your sending your cousin some discs. I did the same for my brother. If asking others to donate, they should know that sending things to support guys in a war-zone, and to a guy stationed in the heart of Seoul are not the same thing.

No offense taken...I appreciate the insight. As a matter of fact, it makes me feel a little better about him being there...and a little more fearful for men/women stationed elsewhere.

My friends son was just home on leave for 2 weeks from Seoul. We played several rounds at Morley field and sent him back to Seoul with a new bag and some fresh plastic. He plans on sharing the game with his buddies and is going to let them know we all support them.

Over the past week Ive played my best rounds in a long time, Im lovin the good karma.

I am active duty Air Force, I oversee the deployment medical section that all deployers go through. We have Innova mini basket and discs in our office to keep them busy while they wait to process. We had some discs on hand for those interested to bring down range, only stipulation, we wanted a pic and you gotta pass it on and leave It in county when you leave!!!! after explaining the game with the minis we got alot hooked that have seeked us out post deployment to get into the game!

For sure. Can they actually play with regulation size discs 'in country' because I might be able to send you a portable Innova basket. If you can get it there I'll pay shipping to you. PM me.

Part of the proceeds from the Illinois State Championships this year went to a local serving in Afghanistan. His unit was sent a basket, discs and other necessities not provided to them by the army. Not sure if anyone mentioned that but too lazy to read through the whole thread.

The pics are in my work computer but I'll post them later in the week. JB if your serious about the basket, I have a kid that works for me that is a fellow golfer that can hand deliver the basket to a base in SW Asia.