• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Dismania PD2

I only had one G-PD2 way back and wasnt wow'd by it. Now these glows are something else. Definitely the best new disc in the bag this year.

I liked the g's for big turns that did not need to come back. The glow pd2s are like a stable destroyer with more late fade.

Are domey S and C-Line PD2s generally more overstable or are flat ones more beefy? I'd assume domey would be more overstable. I know that you can compare the PLH of individual discs. I'm just curious if there's a general consensus.

Are domey S and C-Line PD2s generally more overstable or are flat ones more beefy? I'd assume domey would be more overstable. I know that you can compare the PLH of individual discs. I'm just curious if there's a general consensus.

Generally more dome is more overstable. But PLH is king.

There will always be ones that break this rule of course

The last few years of the pop-top runs in S-Line and C-Line have been pretty OS while still having some good glide.

Luster are still the most OS I've seen and they are flat.

I have a sweet Red flat S-Line that the disc mania store advertised as amazing and it is a bomber right out of the box like the glow ones are.

PLH is the only real way to know, but if you pick up a stock run of C-Line and/or S-Line right now it will probably be fairly domey, maybe even a pop-top and it will be the OS you are probably looking for.

In general the PD2 is already the nice OS destroyer variant, the ones that come out super OS like the Luster and MF runs are pretty much heavy wind duty only tbh. They are just total hogs.

The last few years of the pop-top runs in S-Line and C-Line have been pretty OS while still having some good glide. Luster are still the most OS I've seen and they are flat. In general the PD2 is already the nice OS destroyer variant, the ones that come out super OS like the Luster and MF runs are pretty much heavy wind duty only tbh. They are just total hogs.
I currently cycle PD2s (six in my bag). I have three C-Line and three S-Line. I wouldn't call any of them "super OS". The most beefy PD2s I've thrown are as you said, "OS with good glide". I need a more beefy PD2. I've never thrown a MF or Luster. I definitely need to get my hands on both. I hope I can find a PD2 beefy enough to replace my Sabot/Max.

Last edited:
I currently cycle PD2s (six in my bag). I have three C-Line and three S-Line. I wouldn't call any of them "super OS". The most beefy PD2s I've thrown are as you said, "OS with good glide". I need a more beefy PD2. I've never thrown a MF or Luster. I definitely need to get my hands on both. I hope I can find a PD2 beefy enough to replace my Sabot/Max.

Luster, luster, luster. You'll thank me later. :thmbup:

The flat Lusters are pretty insane, feels like it hyzers before it leaves my hand on shots less that 300. Feels great for sidearms though

The flat Lusters are pretty insane, feels like it hyzers before it leaves my hand on shots less that 300. Feels great for sidearms though

This. Pretty much a trick shot disc. I can throw it as hard as I can and get it MAX 350'. IT. DOES. NOT. WANT. TO. FLY. :D

This. Pretty much a trick shot disc. I can throw it as hard as I can and get it MAX 350'. IT. DOES. NOT. WANT. TO. FLY. :D

Yep, I don't even use mine because I dislike how it feels backhand.. I would hate to carry a disc only for sidearms

The 3rd run C-PD2's are beefy too. They're similar to the 2nd run FD's/3rd run PD's in that they molded up flat and firm with bubbles in the rim. Also, because the plastic is so tough, they tend to hold their stability for a long time. I have one that is in and out of my bag and it's just now starting to be workable.

Does the newest run of c-line have a gummy flight plate? I just picked one up and it feels amazing, but I am hesitant to buy another as I don't know what run it is.

Does the newest run of c-line have a gummy flight plate? I just picked one up and it feels amazing, but I am hesitant to buy another as I don't know what run it is.

I just happened to get a C-Line MD4 in the last mystery box that is SUPER gummy. Like I've never felt anything from Innova like it, reminds me of Elasto from Westside almost. Haven't thrown it yet and I'm not sure how I really feel about it.

The latest runs of all Discmania all appear to have the new "embossed" tooling with the mold name on the bottom of the flight plate.

Is there a thread on how to determine which run of pd2 you might have?

Bump this thought. Got some C-line PD2s that have to be 7+ years old, maybe older. Any stamping or anything to look for that indicates run? Besides 2nd run being super pop top?

C-line PDs were released in 2011 I believe so if its not poptop2nd run, must be 1st. It was a while before it went OOP until they introduced the bubbles to aid in making the rim shape up easier.

I got 2 of the newest run s-line pd2s and they might be the best run. Overstable, slight dome, slightly more shallow than normal but not as shallow as the 1st run.

I need a PD2 thrower to chime in on the Glow PD2 "special blend" stamp

description says they are less OS than a regular PD2

but how much less?
comparison to another disc?

I have bar stamp Glow PD2s but afaik and I have only run into one run of glow PD2s which is one of the least overstable runs of PD2. Quite similar to my non-overstable DD3s in fact. But the glow PD2 got so much of a head start in my bag that it would be unfair to boot them now just because the new kid on the block has got the same moves :D

For me, the glow PD2s are a lot like a new (NOT Ricky) destroyer, except with more glide. Slight turn at high speeds with lots of fade but a good amount of glide thrown in.

For me, the glow PD2s are a lot like a new (NOT Ricky) destroyer, except with more glide. Slight turn at high speeds with lots of fade but a good amount of glide thrown in.

^^^This is exactly what my flat Glow C-Line PD2 was like. It was breaking into a real bomber before I lost it. However, I also have a domey one that is fairly standard PD2 overstable but with more glide.

Latest posts