• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Do all Orcs hate their owners?

I had to recently remove my favorite champion orc from my bag because it was getting ridiculous. Ever single time I threw it we needed to call in a search party to find the thing. It originally started out as solid purple but over the years it has faded and changed to having almost a clear center and a translucent yellow green rim. The thing blends in well with almost any surface it lands on outside.

It is the only disc I have ever had that is tough to find in a field. If it gets off track in the woods I can guarantee that it will take at least 30 minutes to find it. Once as a test I set it down on a small weed/bush about a foot away from me in the woods and had my friend try to see it and he completely could not see the thing even though he knew it was there.

My friends got so annoyed they bought me a new orc that is bright orange so that we can find it more quickly. I am sure that it will only be a matter of time until it starts to hate us as well.

Mine went into hiding today. Nice hyzer that found a tree, and it looked like it went in the trees high and just floated in deeper. Spent the better part of 30 minutes tromping around in the brush looking for it, thinking of this thread the whole time. On my way back to by bag, I spot it about 6" in the tree line under a bush. It had to get grabbed by a vine and catapulted back, it went in 20' above, and 10' deeper than where it was laying.

I'm a beliver now. They do hate us.

They just seem to like to run away or hide.

Cases in point:

1) The first time I threw mine it disappeared for 30 minutes
2) We played Oregon park and a guy lost a neon green one in the wide open which I found and returned.
3) Every time CraigD throws his it plays hide and seek for a minute or two
4) Today we were leaving Alexander after playing 9 and a guy was hurrying back towards the course. He asked us if we had seen a Champ Orc on 13...

So...what is with these little bastards? :p

ya...My champ orc has a clear/red dye...it takes me at least 5 or 10 mins to find that disc in the open green...

i dont know what all the fuss is about.... lately its been my favorite disc to throw, very straight and very fast..maybe i just have special orc controlling powers.....

back home

mine is back home after being lost twice in 4 months...

I almost feel I need to learn how to throw it again.

Actually, this thread reminds me of the first time i threw my orc. It was a red star orc and i threw it on hole 4 of Oregon Park. There are a few wimpy trees to the center/left of the fairway and I chucked the disc a little high and as it came down, it looked like it latched onto a tiny branch that was hanging over the fairway. Imagine a squirrel jumping onto a branch and holding onto it as the tree wobbles a bit. It looked just like that. Weird disc.

(That was probably a terrible story :p)

I did find someones Orc while playing Solitude this past week. Took it back to the desk and they called the number on the back. Hopefully who ever owns the disc gets it back with a more favorable attitude from the disc.

Mine did so much that I gave it to my friend. I made a few great shots with it and then just disappointment.

I was talking to a friend and mentioned I was throwing Orcs and loving them so far. Next thing he says is "I used to as well but moved on after I lost three!".

When this post started I had two in my bag. since then I have found one more on the course. After the last week I now have 0. for some stupid reason I love to throw them in the water at expo :(. one of these days I will get another but due to my losses I am learning to throw a few more disccraft discs.

I keep an Orc in my bag to throw over the water at Freeman Lake b/c it goes straight and hard left for me. If I throw straight across the water and not at he basket I end up parked.
The bad thing is the Orc is very unforgiving. If I throw anywhere near the basket or put a little hyzer on it, I don't get it back.

Latest posts