• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do Keen's normally wear down this quickly?

Mr. America

* Ace Member *
Like I mentioned in another topic about shoes I have a pair of Targhee II's that I bought on 3/28. The right/pivot foot shoe is already terribly worn. Needless to say I'm not very pleased with this as I've had much cheaper shoes not look like this after only a month of playing twice a week.

Attachments

• DSC04171.jpg
    DSC04171.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 165
  • DSC04172.jpg
    DSC04172.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 122
  • DSC04174.jpg
    DSC04174.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 136
I have the same model, same problem. They've lasted a little longer (4 months), but I've almost completely worn through the sole on my pivot foot. Currently wearing a pair of Brooks Cascadias. Very comfortable, just not water proof.

What kind of tees you play on? Did they texture the concrete with a rake or something?

Not really. Some are a little more worn/rougher than others, but not the textured pads like you are talking about. Several of my outings in this month have been on natural/dirt tee pads.

unfortunately, that is keen for you... great ambassador for our sport, yet seemingly lacking in particular areas of shoe quality

Not every merrell has vibram soles but the most popular dg models do...

If your feet are done growing and you see dg as a life long sport, having a few pairs of shoes to rotate will treat you better.

I've got the same shoe. I started wearing them for DG at the end of January. I've seen a fair amount of wear, but I play 5+ days a week most weeks. I've been pleased with them as I feel they have another 2 months before I'll actually have to replace them.

I've been wearing Merrell Kopecs for a couple months now. They don't have a Vibram sole, and that worried me at first. But they assured me I could replace them if they wore through. I've been extremely happy so far. No visible wear on the soles yet.

Some sandals use a softer, stickier rubber [for instance, "Spider" rubber in some Tevas] that is great for rafting, but wears down very fast on surfaces such as concrete. Vibram is the way to go for soles.

You can take pics and send them to Keen for warranty replacement. I have a pair of Milo II's that I got in late February-Early March. The soles fell apart and I contacted Keen about it. They gave me a $120 credit (plus free shipping)... my new Delaveagas arrived today and they told me I can keep the Milo II's.

I've got the same shoe. I started wearing them for DG at the end of January. I've seen a fair amount of wear, but I play 5+ days a week most weeks. I've been pleased with them as I feel they have another 2 months before I'll actually have to replace them.

3 months for a shoe no matter how much dg you play is ridiculous. You are an idiot sir. Nah jk Sam lol

Yeah, I'm on the same pair of Tevas for 2 1/2 years now, and I wear them EVERY day, except the days I'm firefighting or doing winter sports.

I bought a pair of keen's about 3 years ago and they only lasted less than one week. I mainly wore them to the office and I think I played one round of DG in them. I've bought Vibram soled Merrells since then. I will say I have noticed that Keen doesn't make that sole style anymore. but yes Keen is suspiciously week in the sole department, especially for how much they cost. I am curious about the De Laveagas but I'm wary of the construction quality.

EDIT: I will say Keen's are extremely comfortable to me (I have wide feet).

I bought a pair of keen's about 3 years ago and they only lasted less than one week. I mainly wore them to the office and I think I played one round of DG in them. I've bought Vibram soled Merrells since then. I will say I have noticed that Keen doesn't make that sole style anymore. but yes Keen is suspiciously week in the sole department, especially for how much they cost. I am curious about the De Laveagas but I'm wary of the construction quality.

EDIT: I will say Keen's are extremely comfortable to me (I have wide feet).

I'm a big fan of Merrell too but how in the hell do you wear out any shoe in less than a week? What kind of office do you work in?

I owned one pair of keens and they only lasted about six months. The only worse brand for durability ive tried is Teva, which fell apart in less than two months.

Personally i swear by Salomons, they fit great and every pair ive had has lasted over a year each.

I have had Merrills and Keens and they have worn the same. Both lasted about 3 months. I play at least 10 times a week on a lot of different teepads. Shoes just don't last a long time with wear like that and I don't expect them too. I have been fortunate to get great deals on my shoes so it isn't that bad for the money situation.

Latest posts