• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do Keen's normally wear down this quickly?

Hit up REI for your shoes, KEEN, MERRILS, etc. when they wear to much for your liking return them for full 100% refund minus your 10% Dividends they pay you as a member (membership cost is $20 one time fee life time member). Bought some MERRILS last year in July, replaced them with KEENS in January, they actually paid me the difference in cost. Spent $300 plus in July bought 3 pairs of shoes, replaced 2 pairs in January this year and got money in my hand on the way out. Never will have to buy shoes again, just replace them every 6 months or so.

I have a pair of the original Keen sandals that I wore for the past 7 or 8 years that are just now wearing out.

Even though I bought them at REI I didn't return them because I figure $90 for 8 years of wear is a good deal.

Hit up REI for your shoes, KEEN, MERRILS, etc. when they wear to much for your liking return them for full 100% refund minus your 10% Dividends they pay you as a member (membership cost is $20 one time fee life time member). Bought some MERRILS last year in July, replaced them with KEENS in January, they actually paid me the difference in cost. Spent $300 plus in July bought 3 pairs of shoes, replaced 2 pairs in January this year and got money in my hand on the way out. Never will have to buy shoes again, just replace them every 6 months or so.

Honestly, that's pretty pathetic. Talk about abusing a system. I'm guessing with those loose morals you also have the clap.

Bought a pair of the bite's from gtggt about 3 years ago. Just now starting to wear out. Sadly now they are out of stock... 100 a year is a nice price to me.

Honestly, that's pretty pathetic. Talk about abusing a system. I'm guessing with those loose morals you also have the clap.

No loose morals at all. The guy at the store that sold me the membership, told me, this was how people did it. If I am going to drop over 300 bones for a couple pairs of shoes, I expect them to last me a couple years. Re-read my post, I bought them in July 2011 and they were replaced in the beginning of 2012.

Pathetic in no way. Just smart in my shopping, if it don't last, return it for a full refund.

No loose morals at all. The guy at the store that sold me the membership, told me, this was how people did it. If I am going to drop over 300 bones for a couple pairs of shoes, I expect them to last me a couple years. Re-read my post, I bought them in July 2011 and they were replaced in the beginning of 2012.

Pathetic in no way. Just smart in my shopping, if it don't last, return it for a full refund.

Are you the guy that has returned them at 5 stores in multiple states? lol
I would have to take the side on your working the system cause it's not like a lot of these shoes were designed for DG.

Are you the guy that has returned them at 5 stores in multiple states? lol
I would have to take the side on your working the system cause it's not like a lot of these shoes were designed for DG.

No, I have only returned my first pair and my sons first pair. The pair I bought for my daughter, still look almost new. The only reason I returned mine and my sons original pair was because on the outside of the right foot the sole started to come off the shoe. They were wearing out so to speak and at a cost of $120 and $130 I would expect atleast a years worth of wear before this. Its not like I am taking back shoes that aren't worn and exchanging them just to exchange them and get a new pair of shoes.

Look the guy that sold me the shoes originally, told me the company policy is that, if you buy a bike today, ride said bike for 5 years, then decide you just don't like the bike anymore and want a new on, you can return it for a full 100% refund minus your 10% dividend on a new bike. He said, that even though, in that 5 years, you have more than gotten your money's worth out of said bike, you can do this NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

Now I fully agree, that a person that goes in and buys something, with the full intention of wearing it for a set amount of time, then returning it for a new one, is taking advantage of the system. But the reality is the shoes are not worth the amount of money your paying for them, and I noticed alot of other items that really appear to be over priced if compared to the same or like items at other stores, therefore, since they are charging so much more they are making their profits from those that think it is taking advantage of the situation. How else can one explain why they have been in business so long. They obviously make their money. So some folks choose to take advantage of the return policy, so be it.

Latest posts