• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you have a top 10 course list? top 20 . . . top 50?

harr0140

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Please only post your top 10, top 20, or top 50 or however you have ranked your courses played. Please post the courses played numbered in order of first to 10th. Then list how many courses you have played for some perspective. I have decided to rank only courses I have rated as a 4 disc course or better because below that you are getting too close to splitting hairs. I believe there is distinction between 5's 4.5's and 4's, but when you compare 3.5's to 3's they are way more similar than those courses above and too difficult to compare.

Try and make this easy for people and cut and paste this format and include your info afterwards.

My Top ____ Courses Played
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Courses I have played:_________

Don't justify it, dont argue it just post it. Lets keep this thread as neat as possible and keep the discussion out of it.

My Top 39 Courses Played
1) Brackett's Bluff
2) Blue Ribbon Pines
3) Winter Park
4) Renaissance
5) Hornet's Nest
6) Lincoln Ridge (Banklick Woods)
7) Silver Creek
8) Ocala Greenway
9) Charlie Vettiner
10) Bud Hill
11) Crooked Creek
12) Kaposia
13) Bryant Lake
14) The SInks
15) Tom Triplett
16) Jack McLean
17) Cliff Stephens
18) The Sarge
19) Squirrel Lake
20) Earlewood
21) Langan Park
22) Brown Deer
23)Tocobaga
24) Reedy Creek
25) Kilborne
26) Armco - White Course
27) Oakwood
28) Anna Page East
29) UW Parkside
30) Dretzka
31) Grignon
32) Anna Page West
33) Plamann Apple Creek
34) Bill Frederick Turkeynator T2
35) North Watertower
36) Keriakes
37) Freeman Lake
38) O'Hauser
39) Justin Trails Classic

Courses I have played: 172

My Top 10 (4 discs and up, even if not reviewed)
1)Indian Hills Community College (IA)
2)Bryant Lake (MN)
3)Blue Ribbon Pines (MN)
4)Colorado Mountain College (CO)
5)Oakwood Park (MN)
6)Acorn Park (MN)
7)Red Oak Park (MN)
8)Pioneer Trail at Rodeo Park (IA)
9)Treasure Cove (IA)
10)Alimagnet Lake Park DGC (MN)

30playedin6states

My Top Twenty in no order

-Devens DGC Mass
-Deer Lakes PA
-Lake Nockamixon PA
-Diamond X Montana
-Jordan Creek PA
-Wickham Park Conn
-IUP Lodge PA
-Cape Henlopen DE
-Brandywine DE
-Iron Hill DE
-Lake Morraine PA
-Maple Hill Mass
-Warwick NY (including Wolfie Woods)
-Paw Paw WV(Woodshed and Whipping Post)
-Sedgely Woods Philly PA
-Tyler PA
-Joralemon Park NY
-Caousel Park DE
-Leonard Park NY
-Whispering Falls PA

My Top 10 (4 discs and up, even if not reviewed)
1)Indian Hills Community College (IA)
2)Bryant Lake (MN)
3)Blue Ribbon Pines (MN)
4)Colorado Mountain College (CO)
5)Oakwood Park (MN)
6)Acorn Park (MN)
7)Red Oak Park (MN)
8)Pioneer Trail at Rodeo Park (IA)
9)Treasure Cove (IA)
10)Alimagnet Lake Park DGC (MN)

30playedin6states

Indian Hills is so on my radar I am really curious about this one.

My Top Twenty in no order

-Devens DGC Mass
-Deer Lakes PA
-Lake Nockamixon PA
-Diamond X Montana
-Jordan Creek PA
-Wickham Park Conn
-IUP Lodge PA
-Cape Henlopen DE
-Brandywine DE
-Iron Hill DE
-Lake Morraine PA
-Maple Hill Mass
-Warwick NY (including Wolfie Woods)
-Paw Paw WV(Woodshed and Whipping Post)
-Sedgely Woods Philly PA
-Tyler PA
-Joralemon Park NY
-Caousel Park DE
-Leonard Park NY
-Whispering Falls PA

I would like you to put those in order. That is what I am most interested in seeing.

Now you're gonna make me sit down with a piece of paper and pencil and have to think; for pete's sake!!! And Harr; so little love for your home turf....shame, shame....you've set the standard for anti home boy bias!!!

Also, I need some clarification; is this the "best" courses in terms of rating; or "my favorite", which may include things like locals I met and the fact that I happened to be playing it with one of my brothers who I hadn't seen in like 5 years, etc...? I would rather do it this way; as it takes adds my subjective input in; and takes the sting out of placing an obviously great course below one that may not be as good; from a pure overall ratings stand point.

By forcing people to put exact numbers behind their courses listed; you are asking for lots of response trouble from others, who will say, "How can you put such and such above such and such." Again, why I vote for course listing based on how much fun I had at course.

Harr I really dont think I can really rank them ...I just know those r my top 20 and my rankings fluctuate so much based on my mood...sometimes I like fun, sometimes challenge, sometimes amenities etc.

OK OK OK I will try to do it but I reserve the right to change my mind LOL!

Harr I really dont think I can really rank them ...I just know those r my top 20 and my rankings fluctuate so much based on my mood...sometimes I like fun, sometimes challenge, sometimes amenities etc.

OK OK OK I will try to do it but I reserve the right to change my mind LOL!

Fair enough. I am just curious to see how people rank courses amongst their favorites. That was truly the reason I posted this because I want to see people think it out. Favorite can mean different things to different people. Mine are based mostly on enjoyment!

Blueberry Hill - Highbridge, WI
Steady Ed - IDGC, GA
Tyler State Park, PA
Warwick, NY
Idlewild, KY
Highbridge Gold, WI
Patapsco, MD
Renaissance, NC
Lemon Lake Gold, IN
Ewing, IA
Jefferson Barracks, MO
New Quarter Park, VA
Jordan Creek, PA
Granite Ridge, WI

By forcing people to put exact numbers behind their courses listed; you are asking for lots of response trouble from others, who will say, "How can you put such and such above such and such." Again, why I vote for course listing based on how much fun I had at course.

Thats why i said just post it, no arguments no discussions, just post your favorites. You can base your favorites on whatever you want I just want to see where they go.

As far as my anti home boy bias . . . that may be true. This may be due to the fact I play these over and over and have learned their weaknesses, where the shock and awe of playing a great course elsewhere only once resonates in my mind. I hadn't really thought about that until just now!!!

I do not want to misrepresent my local courses by ranking them too high. A few of the local ones recently got downgraded after my roadtrip. I just couldnt leave them as 4's when all of these other courses I had played were definitely 4's. They just didnt live up to the new ones. North Carolina taught me what the 4-4.5 disc rated course is all about!

Blueberry Hill - Highbridge, WI
Steady Ed - IDGC, GA
Tyler State Park, PA
Warwick, NY
Idlewild, KY
Highbridge Gold, WI
Patapsco, MD
Renaissance, NC
Lemon Lake Gold, IN
Ewing, IA
Jefferson Barracks, MO
New Quarter Park, VA
Jordan Creek, PA
Granite Ridge, WI

How many courses played approximately?

530 courses. I've entered all the ones that are currently in the DGCR database which comes to 442. Many of the courses I've played were temp tournament courses and those that have since been removed.

Going through my list quickly, I've got 54 written down that were very memorable for some reason. Now....you expect me to rank them by number somehow? I mean...come on!!!

Going through my list quickly, I've got 54 written down that were very memorable for some reason. Now....you expect me to rank them by number somehow? I mean...come on!!!

It might be very hard for you because they span a longer period of time, but to me it was easy they are all fresh in my mind (13 months apart). Try and rank the top 10 or 15 first. Then let it sit for a bit and try to rank the next 10. You might have an easier time doing it that way.

Latest posts