• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you retire your disc after an ACE?

Do you retire your disc after you hit an ACE with it?

• Yes, I retire my discs after I hit an ACE with them.

Votes: 47 22.4%
  • No way! If the disc is that good, I keep throwing it!

Votes: 163 77.6%

• Total voters
Funny story about an ace disc. The second disc I aced with I kept throwing and lost at one point. A guy found it and called me up. It was kind of a special disc to me so I offered to meet him anywhere, anytime because I really wanted it back. He sort of hemmed and hawed and then stopped returning calls/texts. Maybe he was waiting for me to offer money or something, I don't know. After a few weeks, I did a reverse lookup on his phone number. Turned out he lived like 3 blocks from me, so I just walked over there one evening. It turned out to be one of what looked like several teenage brothers. One of them was outside so I politely asked for my disc back. He looked kind of sheepish and then went and got it for me. They had a box full of discs in the garage that looked like they might have all been other peoples' found discs; punks.

Anyway, yeah I don't really retire ace discs but several of them, including my first, are molds I don't bag anymore so they are retired for all intents and purposes now. I do have a Sexton Firebird in the bag with an ace on it although I was playing a round alone when it happened so I didn't bother writing on it. An ace is just a missed birdie attempt after all. ;)

Usually not. I retired the Prodigy F2 I aced with the first time my parents came out to watch me play, but other than that I've kept throwing them until they were replaced for other reasons. I have 3 ace discs in my bag at the moment (Proxy, Envy, Axis) and an ace Vector in rotation.

I'm a bit more careful with them, especially around water, but if they're in my bag they're to be thrown.

I have 7 aces and only still have 1 of my ace discs... a 150 class star eagle that i have aced 3 times with. No idea what happened to the others. I guess lost, replaced, etc over the years.

Never retired an ace disc. That's just silly.

I have several aces and no clue where most of those discs are. Lost, sold, traded or sitting in a box somewhere. Unless there's an ace fund, I don't get all that worked up about aces.

I take discs out of my bag when they don't work for me.
When a disc works that well for me, why the hell would I ever take it outta my bag? :confused:

Latest posts