• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you use your scorebook?

I input all singles rounds that I play no matter how bad they are. No dubs or anything like that because I like to have an accurate overalls stats and everything.

i input every round minus random doubles. that was the reason I came to this site in the first place. 100+ rounds since march :) My goal was to play at least 100 rounds this summer. hit that a few weeks ago. very excited

I rarely keep score on my rounds that I play. I am more into it for the enjoyment then worried about scores. However, since I am improving finally in my all around game, I should actually see some data to back that up. I will give it a try and see if I like it, or if I find that it shows I am a really bad player, then I will stop it.

I have got all my rounds in there. I mean literally all my rounds. It helps that I am only coming up on one year of playing but I still have over 400 rounds recorded. I really like it and would love to get all the extras with the Premium membership if I could convince myself to part with $25. At the same time I keep my own spread sheet as well.

I've been tracking everything, almost obsessively so. Now when I go out with family and friends for our usual weekend rounds, I'm the only one with a scrap of paper recording my strokes and putts (and taking notes on the course itself if I haven't reviewed it yet!), and my son has started asking me to track his scores as well, so I'll probably set up a DGCR profile for him pretty soon. I wish I'd been tracking everything since I started like you, Talbot! Of course, I know even without having access to my scores from years past that I've improved enormously, but now I can see that even in the last few months I've gotten better in some aspects (while I plateau in others).

I like seeing my scores compared to others on this site as well. Gives me an idea what to shoot when I travel

I record every round, no matter how dismal. I love the sport, but I'm just not very good at it :eek:.

I just wish there was a way to upload from an iPhone app to the scorebook....life would be sooo much easier!!

I use it for most of my solo rounds, but sometimes I don't keep score or forget to write it down, so I don't use it religiously. I agree it's a great feature, especially for the aggregate stats it produces.

I use it if I write my score down as I play, but if I forget to bring something to write on or write with then I don't record my score. Or if I play a course not listed on the site. This is one of my favorite features of the website.

I use it if I write my score down as I play, but if I forget to bring something to write on or write with then I don't record my score. Or if I play a course not listed on the site. This is one of my favorite features of the website.

If you play a course not listed, how come you don't list it? It will help the rest of us find it.:)

Oddly, I pretty much only use it to track plays on out of town courses. But I've never logged a single play on my home course.

If you play a course not listed, how come you don't list it? It will help the rest of us find it.:)

It belongs to a camp and I don't know if I'm allowed to give out their info. I have only gone with a friend who works there. It is a nice little 9 hole course that is relatively open. I'll ask my friend if it is alright for me to add it.

Latest posts