• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you use your scorebook?

They are all recorded in the scorebook! Used it since day 1.

I record all rounds since I have joined this site. Also record on another site and in my own spreadsheet. It has helped me see trends in my game and where to improve. I just wish I had some of my scores from years ago.

Only 3 or 4 people regularly use this site's scorebook in my area. I may stop recording on this site because a couple of the courses I play are mostly my scores.

get a premium membership and you can get charts that show lots of trends, like pie charts of birdies, pars, etc. and how many putts per hole

I have recorded all of my single rounds except for one. It was when a course was changed up for a tourny and the baskets were moved around. I didn't want it to interfere with my stats. I use the score book because I like to keep track of my rounds and see my averages etc. I havn't entered any of my doubles rounds and don't plan on entering rounds for supercourse or things like ace races.

Every round I have played to date is in there unless it was a doubles round or some special tourney like an ace race.

If this worked on the mobile site...I would be all over it.

I've done it...but I don't like keeping score via score card. If my mom goes out with my father and I, she liked to keep score while we play. Then I might put it on here.

I just have a click counter that I use to count how many shots I take. Then I count everything as a par 3....even the 900' hole at Baker. According to this simplistic measurement technique...I WILL NEVER PAR THIS HOLE.

\/\/

I use the memo pad in my blackberry as "scorecard" on the course, and have entered every round played since joining DGCR in the Scorebook.

When I'm determining what a putt is, if It meets any of these criteria, then it's a putt.
2) If I'm trying to make the shot.
I think this one should be defined better. On a hole that is 200-250 feet with a tree or two, I'm trying to make my drive go in, but it's not a putt. I'd say on 80-90% of my shots I'm trying to make it.

I don't use it as much as I should but I do use it
I wish you'd use it more. You play all the courses around me and I always like to see more scores for the course to see how I compare. :)

How about "Recent Scores" on the home page? That might get more members to use scorebook.

Last edited:
How do you define a putt? Anything within 32 feet? If I am on a par 3, throw my drive 60 feet left and then go for it, but miss is that a two putt?

In ball golf it is easily defined as if you use a putter it is a put. However in Disc golf we use a putter from 280 feet sometimes.

That is not true, anything with a putter is not a putt. The stats are only recorded as a putt whhen on the green surface. Most courses have an apron you can use a putter, but many pros will still use wedges and such. Trust me I know this rule because I suck at chipping and I use a putter from the rough sometimes if I am within 10 feet of the green and it does not count as a putt. It is a chip in which I decide to use my putter.

I just have a click counter that I use to count how many shots I take.

You know you can put overall scores in, just click the simple tab on the scorecard.

One of my favorite functions of the scorebook is, I can go back and see which holes I am having the most trouble with on a particular course. This tells me that my approach to these holes needs some adjusting. This has helped me find some creative ways to play the tougher holes and start scoring them better. :cool:

The Scorebook is awesome. I've entered almost every round I've played since my last post in this thread. For those that don't or haven't taken advantage of this feature, you don't know what you're missing. The few rounds I haven't entered were either things like doubles skins rounds (we won 17 skins - thanks Josh) or when I played Nevin for the first time, and completely lost track of how many strokes I took on hole 5. It was a lot by the way.

Thats one of the main reasons i joined this site. I think its great

The Scorebook is awesome. I've entered almost every round I've played since my last post in this thread. For those that don't or haven't taken advantage of this feature, you don't know what you're missing. The few rounds I haven't entered were either things like doubles skins rounds (we won 17 skins - thanks Josh) or when I played Nevin for the first time, and completely lost track of how many strokes I took on hole 5. It was a lot by the way.

if you enter as a custom round it doesnt count in your regular scores and what you score doesnt affect your averages

I started out using it right after I joined DGCR.
It seemed to me that it would be a great way to track improvements and to help me identify my weaknesses. But, when I play with a group of friends only one of us keeps scores for the group and I don't always end up with the scorecard after we are done and I can't remember what happened on every hole of the one or two or three rounds we played that day. Another thing is, when I play solo rounds I'm often taking mulligans, because I'm there trying to work out the kinks in my game.

The third and final thing is my scorebook is viewable by everyone. My scorebook should be for my own personal use of tracking my progress. I don't like others being able to see it.

Latest posts