• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you wash your discs? How often?

At 30-year intervals, or longer.

As best I can tell. I've been playing for 28 years, and never washed discs.

I am in this club. I do occasionally give a dirty disc an extra scrub with my towel, if I pull it out of a pond, river or puddle.

Oh....I have washed my quad straps before, as they can get pretty stanky midsummer. :eek:

I throw them in the basement utility sink where the washer drains. I like when they are clean, but honestly the bug spray and sun screen on my hands makes any preference a bit silly.

Morning dew seems to get most of the gunk off both my discs and and my shoes.

One of the many advantages of playing a sunrise round.

I've played many a round at sunrise. Never seen any of this dew you speak of. Must be some sort of weird humidity thing.

Hmmm.......water hazards? Sounds like those conspiracy theories I hear about there being entire bodies of fresh water, large as a city or even a state. They call them lakes I think.....pretty sure they don't exist. Here in California we got sand and rock and this green stuff that rich people place in front of their houses :p

(ignore that I waste water washing plastic)

I saw a video of Dela that was made for VH1 or something back in the early 90's, and it was shocking to see lush green grass on all the fairways. So I guess there used to be grass in California.

So I did a thing.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 5B966C99-08EA-47BB-9C10-88D586881E47.jpg
    5B966C99-08EA-47BB-9C10-88D586881E47.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 107
  • D27B5BB8-6265-42C3-BC64-CD14995A57AB.jpg
    D27B5BB8-6265-42C3-BC64-CD14995A57AB.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 107
I am in FL and it is hot this time of year, so I carry 2 rags to wipe discs with and two rags to wipe sweat from my face, hands, arms. Actually washing the discs with dish soap and water, whenever they start to look kind of in need of cleaning. Been playing 3-4 months, and I have washed my most used ones 3-4 times, so gonna say monthly on my heavily used discs. Some discs I barely use, and may not have washed them yet.

I only wash them if they land is goose shit or a nasty creek, etc.

Day to day they never get washed.

Playing in a light mist or landing on the dew soaked greens during early morning rounds, then hitting them with a microfiber cloth - good enough for me.

I actually will put my discs in the dishwasher. By themselves (of course), and then I will do an empty run of the dishwasher to clean it up from what came off the discs. This happens when I decide I'm going to change the bag, and I'm changing the bag because it's gotten very dirty. Maybe that's after 3-4 months. Generally, I'm playing only on weekends. I then put together a new, clean bag with a different set of clean discs.

After every muddy/rainy round where your towel looks like it went through war.

Every dozen or so "perfect weather" rounds.

Before every tournament.

Throw discs in tub, turn on water to hottest, use soap (simple stuff not body wash/processed _____), let soak for a few minutes once all submerged, drain, rinse, wipe off. I always rinse/wipe off dyed discs first just in case...don't want them to bleed more than necessary.
I stopped using soap but the same time frames apply. Good hot water soak and a thorough wiping/drying.

Goose poop and mud. I wash mine pretty often. Our washing washing dumps into a utility sink in the basement so I usually drop them in there on weekends and use that water and soap.

Summers here get quite dry and dusty. I dont mind too much on my premium plastic throwers. But my base plastic putters feel quite different with some dust on them, so i wash them the night before tournaments for that fresh sticky feel.

When I was a brand new player I would occasionally run my discs through the dishwasher. Over the years thats turned more into something I'll do every few years when I'm stoning around the house doing chores and the idea comes to mind at random. I last did it maybe 2 years or so ago?

Latest posts