• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Does Anyone Use Millennium Discs?

Millennium is great. Love my SOLFs! Have a handful of them all in varied condition and weights. Go to FH disc for me which is about 3/4 of my drives. I introduced my fiance and sister to disc golf and both primarily use the JLS and Polaris for drivers.

I have multiple midranges marked SSF but they have no factory stamp indicationg the mold but have innova tooling (they all have team innova stamps). My initial thought was that they are Millenium, or maybe I am just dumb and didn't connect the dots, but can someone verify what mold is marked SSF and let me know if A) I am smart and it is Millenium, or B) I am dumb. Won't be too surprised if it's B, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I tired out a JLS on a lark and found it pretty reliable, but nothing I didn't already have. My dad throws old Millenium Tachyons though. He can't get some pretty crazy distance on them.

I have multiple midranges marked SSF but they have no factory stamp indicationg the mold but have innova tooling (they all have team innova stamps). My initial thought was that they are Millenium, or maybe I am just dumb and didn't connect the dots, but can someone verify what mold is marked SSF and let me know if A) I am smart and it is Millenium, or B) I am dumb. Won't be too surprised if it's B, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

SSF = Sirius Sentinel Fade

So yes it is Millennium

Always keep a first run QJLS in the bag. Own about 5 of them.

Back in the 90's when I mostly putted with small Bead Aviars I used the old Omega AP becasue the plastic was grippy awesomesauce. I wish they still made those.

I used EXP1's as my forehand/wind driver for many years. I wish they still made those.

I used Aurora MF's for a long time as my mid becasue we got a bunch in the shop and they didn't sell. I bought them to get them out of my inventory. They flew a lot like an Pro plastic Ontario Roc, and I loves me an Ontario Roc. I wish they still made those.

When the Orion LF came out I threw those. The 1.1 SOLF's were great. They seemed to have a wide range of stable; big arms could throw them and they didn't turn over but a weenie arm could throw it and it didn't dump. Great, great disc. I didn't stock up on them, though. When I went to get more the 1.2's I got were meathooks that just dumped left all day long. I miss the 1.1's, I wish they still made those.

I threw the Polaris LS for a long time but switched to the JLS when it came out. They were too close to carry both IMO.

I still have Sentinels and JLS in the bag.

i love millennium,i live in mill country so im a little biased.

back in the day i used to throw a lot of mill.my first disc was an aurora ms. i loved the plastic and just the discs in general.

aurora mf
aurora ms
jls
qjls
polaris ls
polaris LF was my fave
exp1
q sent
omega ss and Ap
carried alot of the naked polaris as well.

now,i only carry qjls,qsents and occasionally the qms or omega. i still have my first aurora ,just sits in the bin. if it wasnt black and warped,id probably throw it.

millennium is seriously underrated but it has gained morenpopularity over the last couple years or so.

Millennium?
Oh yeah.
Polaris LS for flip-hyzers.
JLS for drives that have to finish anny.
QJLS (First Run) for drives that have to finish with Fade.
EXP1's for distance thumbers.
I use the QMS/AuroraMS for finding flaws in my form, like some people use Comets. The QMS/AuroraMS will go like you throw.

i didn't know they stopped making the EXP1... lame. I liked that disc, even though it wasn't in my bag... maybe why they stopped making it.

the fact that they don't make the EXP1 anymore is sad
it really is a fantastic fairway driver

the 1.6 and 1.7 CE Blend runs were great, OS, like a mini-Firebird

unfortunately most people probably know the EXP 1 for the "no run" versions which were a Pro blend and not anywhere near as OS

in the current climate of warp speed drivers and "those in the know" wanting more fairway driver choice Millennium would do themselves a favour by producing a QEXP1

given that they made QMS, QJLS, QOLF etc from the "regular" versions (MS, JLS, OLF) it is really surprising that no QEXP1 was made in the past

anyway, some flat QEXP1s would be awesome

The reality is, while the exp1 has a cult following here and amongst pros, it probably didn't sell very well. I know at DN we couldn't move the last of them at the store so we pulled them because the space was valuable for other discs. And the name wasn't very catchy either. The last tuns of M-EXP were really close to the flight of the OLF. I think the new owners had to make a logical choice that it wasn't a priority disc

Now given all that justifying I did. I still want to see a QEXP run. Just give it a new name. Stabilize and flatten the crap out of it. The CE-Exps are still the best FH hyzer discs I have ever used.

I got a bunch of white SOLF 1.1 165g Galaxy stamp last year when MSt had their mill sale. They are the best driver i ever thrown, distance vs accuracy. Definately my personal Holy Grail of golf discs. An 8/10 SOLF in the hand is like a broken in pair of timberland workboots on your feet.

And i just got some MOLFs 165g and was pleasantly surprised to find they throw exactly like my beat 165 SOLFs.

QOLFs are the overstable compliment to the SOLFs and i rarely use my champ firebird anymore. It's not as meethooky, but can be controlled better with a release angles.

i recently got a few M EXP1's and while i was expecting it to be more like a Banshee, it flies more like a stalker with glide. My fiance throws stalkers, and she instantly claimed one for herself.

I haven't tried anything else other than JLS's, which overlapped too much with Rivers.

Now given all that justifying I did. I still want to see a QEXP run. Just give it a new name. Stabilize and flatten the crap out of it. The CE-Exps are still the best FH hyzer discs I have ever used.
This.

Like this one??

Never knew this little puppy had such a cult following. This one is a 1.2 (poppy top), I've been told the plastic is similar to 7x KC.

the fact that they don't make the EXP1 anymore is sad
it really is a fantastic fairway driver

the 1.6 and 1.7 CE Blend runs were great, OS, like a mini-Firebird

unfortunately most people probably know the EXP 1 for the "no run" versions which were a Pro blend and not anywhere near as OS

in the current climate of warp speed drivers and "those in the know" wanting more fairway driver choice Millennium would do themselves a favour by producing a QEXP1

given that they made QMS, QJLS, QOLF etc from the "regular" versions (MS, JLS, OLF) it is really surprising that no QEXP1 was made in the past

anyway, some flat QEXP1s would be awesome

Attachments

• Exp1.2.jpg
    Exp1.2.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 27
ZJ can speak to this better than me

I've only seen and thrown 1.2s, 1.6s, 1.7s, and "no run"

the "no run" do not have any number on them at all and were more of what we would know as Pro

the 1.2s are firmer than the no run and fairly decent but do not compare to the 1.6 and 1.7 for OS
but I do think were more OS than the "no run"

they (the 1.2s) had a really nice chalky grippy feel to them

ZJ can speak to this better than me

they (the 1.2s) had a really nice chalky grippy feel to them

This one is chalky for sure, it's unthrown and bagged in my basement. I'd often wondered what it's flight was like but never looked it up. Now I know :D

Honestly all the old runs of Exp I've seen are from the DN used bin. So I'm not sure how that one would feel and I really just focused on 1.6-7

Loved my Omega SS (til I lost it at Lincoln Ridge :( )
Still have a beautiful double stamped Japan Open lightweight QOLF in my backup bag.
Have an Astra, JLS, Q-Mega & a Sentinel in my sale thread.
I think they're nice discs!

Funny how this is turning into a legit Millennium thread considering its intent was for another review website

Latest posts