• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Does Oakley's sponsorship of the European Open make you want to wear them?

Are you more likely to wear Oakley's?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oakley the famous brand of sunglasses recently sponsored the European Open. Does this make disc golfers more likely to support them? I would like to know if you want to wear them or not.

I've been wearing Oakley's since I started Disc Golfing last February. I don't care what other people wear, I just know they stay on my face when throwing, are polarized, somewhat scratch resistant and are a quality purchase. Durable, dependable and stylish.

Some people think they are ugly, but I disagree. I think they are sporty and sexy.

i already love wearing oakleys (shaun white holbrook sunglasses right now); but now after seeing them sponsor the EO and finding that oakley vault store, i think there will be a lot of oakley gear in my future.

Not a fan of the Oakley brand in particular, but I own a couple pairs myself. Not because of who was wearing them or what event they sponsored though.

I think it's important for any brand to keep their name in front of their target demographic, and if they want to be a player in disc golf this was probably a good start. Doesnt hurt that they also sponsor a few top players too.

I voted No.

But, I'm an advertisers nightmare - the more I see a product advertised, the less I want it.

Credit to a big name brand for sponsoring a dg tourney, though!

Last edited:
I am not a fan of that style of sunglasses, plus around me too many douchebags wear them lol. But in all seriousness I prefer some Wayfarer knock offs (turtleshell frames brown lenses) from the dollar store, I break/lose too many pairs of sunglasses to spend oakley money on them.

I voted no. However they will now be a consideration in my decision making. Perhaps this will bring in other company's to co-sponsor disc golf events.

I voted no, not because I don't like the brand, but because I don't like spending $100+ on sunglasses. If money were not the problem, I would likely already have a pair of Oakleys.

I've always felt oakleys to be too xtreme for my style. Maybe because everyone I know who wears them wear the ones that look like really intense aerodynamic rainbow reflective safety glasses with ear buds attached to the sides of them. I bet they make some that are toned down a bit, I just have never looked.

I voted no, but if they made a sun clip for my current prescription, I could be persuaded to change.

Awesome that oakley sponsored the EO. I understand peoples comments about their glasses being pricey but the comments about the styles make me laugh since they make pretty much every style of glasses that available on the market. They also make a ton of other products great for disc golf. Nice "golf" dri fits and polos, durable socks, hats, shorts, etc. Not meaning to thread drift but how many people who might not spend the money on glasses might look into their other gear now that they are sponsoring events. Even our world champ has been decked out in oakley gear all year and I cant ever remember seeing him wearing sunglasses.

I will also add that their logo is boring, and my grandmother bought me a pair of Oakley sandals when I was a kid and I had to curl my toes constantly to keep them on my feet, so I threw them out. And that sums up about everything I know about Oakley.

Oakley owns Ray Ban ;):p

Yeup, and Arnette, Fox and a ton of other sunglass companies. Well, actually their parent company Luxottica owns all of them.

Anyway, I am a bit bias because my wife works for Oakley but I love that they provided some sponsorship for the European Open this year. Oakley makes so much that fits in with disc golf I've always thought they would be a perfect match for the sport. They make some sick backpacks for the military that would set a new standard if they modified them for disc golf. The level of player support they provide to some of the world's best athletes is something our sport could really use. I hope they see/saw somekind of return on their investment (whatever it was) for their sponsorship and see it as a niche they want to get more involved in.

I have owned a few pairs of Oakley sunglasses, a backpack, shoes, boots, etc. Quality brand.

They are actually manufactured in the US I hear which is very surprising to me? I buy from companies that support disc golf, and already a happy consumer so win win!