• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Does Using a Comet help with forehand form?

StarFirebird

Banned
I'm just curious,because I know how much better your form can get by just throwing a Comet backhand. Was just wondering if the same can be said about using a comet forehand.

I was messing around with my comet forehand earlier and I could tell right off the bat when I was having a bad throw(turning my wrist over).

What do you guys think? Good Idea?

Absolutely. You're really trying to do the same thing FH as you are BH...spin the disc and smoothly release it on a level plain.

Absolutely. You're really trying to do the same thing FH as you are BH...spin the disc and smoothly release it on a level plain.

Awesome man. :hfive:

I was thinking the same thing. I just always like to get a 2nd opinion. :D

Yeah the reason why I really want to learn forehand is because of my right knee. I have arthritis in it and somedays it hurts pretty bad,but I just treck through it. If I can learn proper forehand(which I should have done when I was younger) I can lean on my forehand when I need to.

Using slow, neutral discs is just as useful forehand, though it can be a little tougher and more frustrating.

Using slow, neutral discs is just as useful forehand, though it can be a little tougher and more frustrating.

Yeah man I could tell when I was messing around with the Comets Earlier. It was awesome when I ripped one completey strait with no wobble earlier though. I felt like a Disc golf god for a second. lol

Yeah man I could tell when I was messing around with the Comets Earlier. It was awesome when I ripped one completey strait with no wobble earlier though. I felt like a Disc golf god for a second. lol

Because of their glide, you don't need a whole lot more than a wrist snap to get some decent distance. Start slow and build from there. It's amazing what those gldey bastards can do.

Because of their glide, you don't need a whole lot more than a wrist snap to get some decent distance. Start slow and build from there. It's amazing what those gldey bastards can do.

They are awesome man and the glide is awesome when you get a good clean rip on them. I decided today to go back to them after using the Fuse for a while. I just like throwing Comets backhand better as they feel more fun to throw.Plus I wanted to try this Forehand thing out.

I'm pretty dangerous with a comet fh :evilsmile:
One of the big things I noticed when I finally got it down was how good I had gotten at aiming with my body, and using my weight shift to guide the disc. The comet pretty much only goes where you point it on a fh throw. Any misalignment in your stance and its obvious, shift your weight slightly left or right instead of towards the target and again it's obvious.

Like tbird said the disc will take care of the distance, no need to try and force it. Just go nice, clean, and easy.

I'm pretty dangerous with a comet fh :evilsmile:
One of the big things I noticed when I finally got it down was how good I had gotten at aiming with my body, and using my weight shift to guide the disc. The comet pretty much only goes where you point it on a fh throw. Any misalignment in your stance and its obvious, shift your weight slightly left or right instead of towards the target and again it's obvious.

Like tbird said the disc will take care of the distance, no need to try and force it. Just go nice, clean, and easy.

Awesome man.

I appreciate the info. :thmbup:

Just wanted to give an update.

So far the Comets are helping out a ton. They are giving me an Idea now on how to hold the disc more properly and which angle to release it at.

I've been getting much better with my other Forehand discs because of the comet. My distance is the same,but my control has gotten tons better.

Another Update.

It's been frustrating but it has been worth every minute working with my Comets forehand.

Everynow and then I'm getting the Comet to fly on a deadnuts straight line. Heck I even got the comet to hyzer out with forehand a few times. I thought that was a feat in itself. I still have times when I'm trying to use too much power,that's when she turns over. As long as I just focus on the Flick and not so much power I can get my comets out to 260ft or better.

So yeah I would highly recommend doing this if you have trouble with forehands. :thmbup: